Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MELON BALLS  (Read 16457 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: MELON BALLS
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 08:19:18 AM »

Right now - courtesy of the DVR - I'm watching "Faces of America with Henry Louis Gates, Jr.". I'm only 20 minutes in and I can already tell it's going to be quite a wonderful program, series.  Gates traces the lineage of 12 famous people - Meryl Streep, Kristi Yamaguchi, Yo-Yo Ma, Mario Batali among them. Culture, History and Family.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »

Welcome to Page Two!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 08:22:59 AM »

Page Two REAL Cuban Sandwich Dance!!![

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

bk - A real(!) Cuban sandwich would not be served on pita!  -Just sayin'.  -And the addition of salami is usually only for an especial.  Otherwise, the classic components of a Cubano are roast pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickles and mustard "pressed" in Cuban bread (or, in a pinch, a French bread loaf).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day... The Home Edition:

Classic and Comforting: Grilled American Cheese - Kraft slices and Wonder Bread, of course.
The Splurge: Pan-fried salami and/or bologna and fried egg on toasted wheat or rye.
Holiday Special: Turkey Breast and Cranberry Relish on Dinner Rolls. -a.k.a. Leftovers.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 08:39:32 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day... The Restaurant Edition:

My current favorite is the "Pig's Ass Sandwich" from Casellula - which is basically a haute version of a Cubano.

I have it at least once a month.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 08:46:54 AM »

Matthew, many vibes for your grandma!

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »

TOD:

I don't care much for the sandwiches that I make myself, which usually are bologna, but my mom makes the best egg salad sandwiches.

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »

This 3 day weekend I am going to try to finish up the set of M SQUAD episodes that I started many months ago. I enjoy seeing the various guest stars (lots of B movie actors), but tire very quickly of Lee Marvin's scene chewing. I have never in my life witnessed and actor who overacts SO much.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07:22 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day... The Amazing Edition:

I still remember the first time I had a Monte Cristo Sandwich. It was in the cafeteria at Coast Guard HQ in Washington, DC, during one of my college summers when I was clerking there.  The cook's would have a "Daily Sandwich Special", and one day it was a Monte Cristo, so...

Turkey, Ham and Swiss Cheese between two pieces of Bread, then dipped in egg batter (basically French Toast), then Deep-Fried(!)... Then doused with Powdered Sugar and served with Grape Jelly.

WOW! and YUM!

Consequently and subsequently, every Monte Cristo since then has continued to pale in comparison. -You never forget your first time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »

QUIETUS is an honest to goodness name for an over the counter drug to battle tinnitus.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2010, 09:14:06 AM »

QUIETUS is an honest to goodness name for an over the counter drug to battle tinnitus.

Better for tinnitus than flatulence.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 09:38:31 AM »

Vibes for Matthew and his grandmother

FJL

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »

Off to the tax office for the afternoon!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2010, 09:57:03 AM »

Better for tinnitus than flatulence.

A little old lady goes to her doctor's office.  "Doctor, " she says, "I have a very strange problem with gas.  I'm farting all the time!  But the odd thing is that my farts are silent and they don't smell at all.  In fact, I've farted about ten times since I've been sitting here talking to you.  But you wouldn't know it, because they made no sound and there's no smell to them."

The doctor thought for a moment then began to scribble on his prescription pad.  "Have this filled out at your pharmacy and take two tablets a day.  Then I want to see you again next week."

The little old lady strictly followed the doctor's orders and, the following week, was once again sitting in his examination room.

"Doctor, I don't know what was in those pills but now my farts smell something awful!  They are still silent but--Oh, my!--they now smell terrible!"

And the doctor said, "Very good!  We fixed your sense of smell.  Now we have to do something about your hearing..."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:58:39 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »

* * * * *  Vibes for DR Matthew's Grandmother  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:15 AM »

re: the Olympics Opening Cerermony.

For anybody who watched i'm curious what you thought of some of the singers, partically nikki (who sang the national anthem) and Garou (who sang in french near the end).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »

Generally, I like a smoked turkey sandwich with either Swiss or provolone on a good hearty rye or kaiser roll.  I always like both mayo and Dijon mustard on it.

I used to love getting the Cajun Crab Cake sandwiches at LeBus in Philly.  But they haven't made them in years.  I sometimes get the Crab Cake sanwiches at DiBruno Brothers in the Comcast Center, but they are a little on the bland side, even with the red pepper aioli.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:02 AM »

I enjoyed last night's Opening Ceremony very much.  True, it wasn't China, but it was a very nice program.  I thought the Flying Prairie Boy segment was incredibly beautiful.

DR Jennifer, I thought the girl who sang the Canadian national anthem started out very weak but ended nicely.  Of course, my favorite was k.d. lang.  Her "Hallelujah" had me close to tears.  Likewise, the moment of silence for Nodar Kumaritashvili.

It was a shame that the lighting of the cauldron didn't go as planned, but if they had raised the other three pylons sooner I don't think anyone would have noticed anything was wrong.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »

And like, DR Jose, I have to roll my eyes at the use of autotuning in the new "We Are The World".  The purpose of this song was to raise voices together to support (and raise funds for) the people of Haiti, not so Li'l Wayne could sound neat.  Plus, there's an overall slickness to the video, with the performers singing their parts with various expressions of angst.  And juxtaposed to the slickness, the sloppy insert of Michael Jackson singing with an out-of-sync sister Janet.  Sheesh--it's suddenly an MJ tribute! 

Quincy, next time just let them sing the song! (The living people, that is...)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »

Otherwise, it's a lazy Saturday at home for me.  Cleaned up the living room, kitchen and bathroom, but now I'm just gonna putter around and play on the computer.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »

And like, DR Jose, I have to roll my eyes at the use of autotuning in the new "We Are The World".  The purpose of this song was to raise voices together to support (and raise funds for) the people of Haiti, not so Li'l Wayne could sound neat.  Plus, there's an overall slickness to the video, with the performers singing their parts with various expressions of angst.  And juxtaposed to the slickness, the sloppy insert of Michael Jackson singing with an out-of-sync sister Janet.  Sheesh--it's suddenly an MJ tribute! 

Quincy, next time just let them sing the song! (The living people, that is...)

Thankfully(?), the full version of the video on YouTube is much better.  Alas, better does not necessarily mean "good".  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 10:35:42 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »

... The combination of real butter and peanut butter is magical to me.

One of my favorites - and I guess I've paid the price :)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 10:54:43 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I believe today may be a Hot-Chocolate-Free Day.  We shall see.

*The featured flavored today is Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate, which, I'm guessing is very close to City Bakery's "regular" hot chocolate. But I guess I could always find out just how close... ;)

Sounds yummy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

*The featured flavored today is Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate, which, I'm guessing is very close to City Bakery's "regular" hot chocolate. But I guess I could always find out just how close... ;)

You owe it to your fans to compare and report!

One must suffer for art.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »

OK...

Time do something other than sitting on my couch, watching TV and surfing the web...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2010, 11:04:23 AM »

You owe it to your fans to compare and report!

One must suffer for art.

der Brucer

Well... I was thinking I could order a "shot" of each flavor for a true side-by-side comparison. Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »

... The combination of real butter and peanut butter is magical to me.

One of my favorites - and I guess I've paid the price :)

der Brucer

I am not willing to pay the price. So I don't eat things like this.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2010, 11:19:22 AM »

Right now - courtesy of the DVR - I'm watching "Faces of America with Henry Louis Gates, Jr.". I'm only 20 minutes in and I can already tell it's going to be quite a wonderful program, series.  Gates traces the lineage of 12 famous people - Meryl Streep, Kristi Yamaguchi, Yo-Yo Ma, Mario Batali among them. Culture, History and Family.

The link is interesting & I enjoyed the clips with Yo-Yo-Ma.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up