Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS  (Read 21454 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »

Next I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Cutie Kyle was on (but no Oliver), but he didn't play a major role in today's events, so it wasn't all that interesting.

I'd love to see someone laugh in Mitch Lawrence's face instead of looking at him like he has some credibility. That'd deflate his pomposity!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »

Page Five Dance!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »

On the upside, I had a nice hike this morning with Keith & Sherlock. :)

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »

I skimmed through AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing of interest. Holden and Lily were in the previews (but not Luke and not Dr. Pill).

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »

Then I started watching the Olympic skating from last night. I only got through the Japanese skater, but he skated rings around Plushenko overall with great spins and footwork. Like DR Ron Pulliam, I despise the Russian skating style of flailing arms and "drama" as opposed to snappy footwork and wonderful transitions between jumps and spins. This is what Plushenko doesn't do AT ALL, and it should be telling in the long program. I still got the feeling the judges were propping him up because he's the defending champion and because he is who he is. Apart from the quad toe/triple toe, his other jumps were adequately landed (but a little shaky in one case; he looked sligfhtly off balance as he came out of it).

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »

No UPS deliveries today, so it looks like indeed I'll have my day off tomorrow and maybe the rest of the weekend.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:32 PM »

BTW, fans of PSYCH and LEVERAGE:

They are showing new episodes tonight, both at 10 p.m. on their respective channels.

It's the season finale for LEVERAGE. That will help a lot with one hour less of TV shows to record each week.

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2010, 01:39:22 PM »

Well, no photo because the battery in my camera gave out and I left the charger at home. 

Anyway, Richard and I stopped at Dayton's Victoria Theatre to see the 11:30am performance of Junie B. Jones, featuring the very talented E & T DR Jason!  He's touring with TheatreWorks USA in this production and a friend who's a fundraiser for Victoria Theatre Association was gracious enough to meet us in the lobby and see that we were seated amongst several hundred elementary-age kids and their teachers and parents.

Jason does a fantastic job playing several characters including Junie's father, teacher, school bus driver, and lunch lady.  What I knew beforehand, and Richard did not, was that they were missing one of the women in the cast due to illness and the others were covering her parts.  Richard was shocked when I told him that while we were waiting for Jason after the show and we told Jason to tell the others what a great job they did.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »

Sounds like fun, Ginny. I wish his tour came out here.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

Jane, I hope your pain goes away real soon!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »

Ginny, yesterday there were only 10 people in the audience.  It would have been quieter ;)

As disappointed I am there are no photos, I am excited you were able to see the show & report on it.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:28 PM »

Thank you Laura.

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:17 PM »

Ginny, yesterday there were only 10 people in the audience.  It would have been quieter ;)

Actually, the kids were very well-behaved.  A little girl in the restroom afterwards asked me if I'd liked the movie.

As disappointed I am there are no photos, I am excited you were able to see the show & report on it.

Hopefully, my camera is just in hibernation and I'll be able to post the photo after I recharge the battery.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #133 on: February 17, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »

I bet the little well behaved kids were cute :)

Vibes your camera is just in hibernation!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #134 on: February 17, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

The pictures I have seen of Jason's production look most entertaining and I am sure it is perfect for those it's intended for....and fun for others as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

I've got some writing to do, so I'll work on that and then head down to have a completely leisure night of viewing. After I finish watching the Olympics from last night, I do have tonight's HUMAN TARGET and IDOL which I'll watch on delay.

But I think I'll probably watch WONDER BAR from my Warner Archive collection.

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »

Well, this post puts me at the big

5 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0!!!

And since it does, I'll stop here and be back later.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »

DR MATTH - I do not fault Miss Angela Lansbury's performance in CANDIDATE and agree that it is extraordinary.

I think that Lucille Ball playing Lucille Ball rather than her Lucy character would have given it another dimension.....watching her in interviews, especially when she is perturbed at the question, shows a tough cookie....  But....since we don't have any tests or readings or even stories about meetings with people that tell us what she might have been like, we can only suppose.

She was a fine actress....Lucy Ricardo-Carmichael-Carter was about as far away from Lucille Ball as anyone could get as many people who knew her say.

And I would like to hear her say, just once, in her real smoke-filled baritone voice: "Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2010, 02:13:51 PM »

Congrats to DR MATTH on his 50,000 milestone!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »

Your warranty has now expired, any future repairs will be billed at regular prices.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »

On the upside, I had a nice hike this morning with Keith & Sherlock. :)

Well, on the "upside" of the drive, I did a "Jane" - I slipped and fell! Fortunately that actually involved me dropping to my knees in a foot of snow, so the only injury was to my dignity.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »

Yikes, DR der Brucer, that's scary!  Glad you're OK.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2010, 02:24:45 PM »

Interestingly, though, my friend Cho Schmetterling and I both dispelled the "fact" that monarch butterflies will not use asclepias subulata as a host plant.

I could have told you that!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

For MattH's scrapbook:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »

Congratulations to DR MattH on his milestone!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »

One interesting fact that Keith dug up a few years ago is that I am related to a whole slew of Orloffs.  And yes, I do have Jewish thighs.  :)

TMI!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »

I suggest you buy a television and bring it home to her.

Yes, buy a television that looks exactly like the old one and replace it without telling her and then say you've fixed it.  You'll be a hero!

How?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »

No, NBC is mixing things up over a four-hour block each night.  Prime-time means squat.   Look...here's a short program by a Czech skater...and we will be back after we get the complete qualifying run of the snowboarding competition.  But next, here's a profile on polar bears.  And coming up, can Lindsey Vonn carry the universe on her shoulders and live up to the hype we, the media, have placed on her?

The Olympics "used to be" an event.  Now it's a farce during which athletes become international stars...for a time.

Well, we're getting the skating live on the East Coast. It's just for the other side of the country that they're delaying it for prime time. It's a question of money. NBC can charge more for ads that air in prime time, and since the Olympics are going to lose money for them this year anyway, they must make all they can.

Also, if events were shown live on the West Coast, what's going to happen to people who are working at 5 or 6 and don't have VCRs or DVRs? (DVRs are in 32 % of households.)

NBC is having to do what's necessary to please the majority of the people who are watching.

I'm in the same time zone as Vancouver...and the men's short program began around 7 p.m. last night.  There's no earthly reason for them not to air them live...and without breaking them up into small bits.  They can show all the commercials they want as there is more than enough time between skating groups...and they don't show them all anyway.  I resent having to watch 20 minutes of snowboarding just to see a 5-minute skate.

Vancouver is just a hop and skip from Bellingham WA.  Everything they're cramming into the primetime feeds is pre-recorded from the day time.  The figure skating, if live in your area, started up at 10 p.m or 11 p.m. est.  I was checking my computer for updates and knew the results an hour before the last six skates ever aired.  That would have been in the 9-10 p.m. time slot jere....which, in Charlotte, if live, would have aired at mindight or thereafter.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:58:58 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2010, 03:03:03 PM »

RLP, I always encourage other opinions - why would you think otherwise?  We all don't have to agree.  I don't hate Lost this season, I just think it's going the way of Alias, with a lot of flailing around.   There are VERY important characters from past seasons who haven't even been referred to, even though, according to previous seasons, they were the reasons everything was happening.  Sorry, but the producers can't spend episode after episode with  those characters and then not even refer to them.

I never said or intimated that I thought otherwise.   I said, "I am not loath to disagree as I know you appreciate honest opinions whether they are the same as yours or not."

I do feel that others here may be less than open about their opinions when your own opinions have already been strongly stated.  You may not wish them to hold back, but given your trenchant evisceration of comments others make on other internet sites about movies you are discussing, one might certainly give pause toward stating an opposing point of view.

As to your comment at the end of your post, each episode, thus far, has given us some of the  characters from past seasons going their merry ways....including the dude who blew up when they were retrieving dynamite from the Black Rock.  They can't all be significant to the final solution of the story, but I'm sure seeing them in these episodes. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:12:15 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »

T.O.D.

Since it is Ask BK Day.  Have you considered moving your daily notes back from midnight on the West Coast, to midnight on the East Coast?  Some nights you seem so worn out, that it seems like it is a struggle for you to stay awake until midnight.  You could still post late whenever you have a rehearsal or are out to dinner or to the theater; but the rest of the time you could post early, and give the East Coast people more time to post about the topic of the day when they aren't half asleep.

Just askin'.

It's a good idea - now that the book is basically done, I won't be quite as tired at midnight, but I think I may start posting occasional notes earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up