Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MACARONI AND CHEESE NOTES  (Read 47917 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MACARONI AND CHEESE NOTES
« on: April 15, 2004, 11:59:45 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, so post away, my pretties.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 12:01:22 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MACARONI AND CHEESE NOTES
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 12:05:37 AM »

Sorry to have been so abrupt above but I was just trying to get everything posted while I was still able to be online.  Hopefully I'll at least have intermittent service until Mr. Fix-it arrives.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 12:13:24 AM »

Welcome six GUESTS.  Come join me while I'm still online.  Who knows how long this will last.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:14:24 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] Good Adelphia Vibes to bk. [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o [/move]

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2004, 12:58:27 AM »

Media check:
DVD: Simon & Garfunkel "The Concert In Central Park"
CDs: 4 CDs of songs from the Eurovision Song Festival - songs covering the period 1958 to 2000. A DR is about to be swamped by Eurovison pop.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 01:04:04 AM »

Media check:

Right now in the DVD player, Starship Troopers.  Der Brucer found the original book in paperback on sale, which reminded me that I still hadn't watched the film.

I've a hunch that, if I were to suggest having it as a double bill with "A Bug's Life," the grandlad's mother wouldn't approve.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 01:22:43 AM »

Coincidence: I eventually bought the DVD of "A Bug's Life" yesterday - before it disappears into the Disney vaults - have only seen it lately in a 2 pack with Toy Story so grabbed the single Cd (great price too) whilst I could.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 03:33:38 AM »

DVD: Final season of Babylon 5
Never stop dreaming.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2004, 05:00:07 AM »

CD Player - music to accompany my chores domestic, before I get to work.

High Spirits. What a great overture (and score). IMHO, this show is worthy of an Encores production. (The orchestrations are by Harry Zimmerman, whose name is unfamiliar to me.)

Coming up shortly: "legrand/grappelli," which my brother recently sent to me.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2004, 05:07:58 AM »

All this talk is giving me a macaroni-and-cheese craving. The difficulty is that the household's other diner is on South Beach induction. On the other hand, I (the Anti-Atkins) had no trouble polishing off yesterday's wild rice salad for four.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2004, 05:19:12 AM »

Just finished Starship Troopers.  What a bad movie it is!  What's all the more interesting is that it appears to deliberately have been constructed as a bad movie.

I think I need to watch a couple of Bugs Bunny shorts to get my equibrium back in whack.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2004, 05:19:31 AM »

It was nice to see Anne Francis on last night's Without A Trace. She's aging very gracefully, and gave an understated and effective performance.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2004, 05:31:57 AM »

Wild Rice salad sounds great! I love wild rice. I could eat gallons of it, simmered in chicken broth with steamed green beans and carrots stirred in. I just had breakfast!

I'm listening to the 1993 London Carousel. I love this recording. I was never a big fan of the show and then I saw the show at Lincoln Center and heard this recording (two different birds, I know). Audra McDonald in New York and Michael Hayden in both London and NY. IMHO, wonderful. After Carousel, I will listen to one of my favorite shows, City of Angels. Anthony has clown shows on the Island this weekend so he'll be away. I'll be tweaking the computer (again) since we just replaced the DVD and CD writer drives. Arrgh. 3 major components fail in a year (we replaced the hard drive about a month ago). Luckily everything was still under warranty. Everything seems to be working right now. No plans for VCR or DVD watching this weekend. I'll listen to CDs as I play domestic God and clean the apartment (it's supposed to be a beautiful weekend in NYC so I don't think I'll be in cleaning all weekend).

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2004, 05:44:36 AM »

Just finished Starship Troopers.  What a bad movie it is!  What's all the more interesting is that it appears to deliberately have been constructed as a bad movie.

On the other hand, it has the saving grace of a gratuitous nude co-ed shower scene that has something for everyone (a Hal Prince reference!)

In My DVD player:  nothing.  But there's a copy of Kill Bill that's a-waitin' for a viewin'.

CD Player (Home):  Once again, I listened to the recent Wonderful Town recording.  I have become thoroughly addicted to this score.  In fact, I just received a copy of the Roz Russell TV version on VHS that I'll be watching this weekend.

CD Player (work):  The Sophisticated Ladies OCR.  Another eBay purchase that I'm just getting around to listening to.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2004, 06:15:48 AM »

CD (work): Laurie Beechman/"Time Between the Time"

CD (Car - I finally hooked up one of our portable CD players through the tape deck with one of those doo-hickeys):  PROMISES, PROMISES

DVD: Empty

VCR: Set for tonight's Joan of Arcadia, I believe.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 06:46:36 AM »

DVD - Judy, Judy, Judy - Five films, 6 discs and oodles of extras

VHS - Set for more Judy tomorrow morning when Fox Movie Channel shows "Pigskin Parade"

CD - Barbara Cook since I'm seeing her tonight; MOST HAPPT FELLA since I'm seeing it tomorrow
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

Good morning all.

Re: last night's AI results.  I was very surprised when I turned over to AI and saw Diana, John, and Jon Peter standing there as the bottom three.  I really expected Diana to be there.  But the other two have never been in the bottom, even when they were bad.  So I really thought that they would be safe this week.

I was hoping that Diana would go (even though I like her well enough).  When she got sent back safe, I was not happy.  Although I like John Stevens more than I like JPL (he is so wacky).

I really thought JPL would go farther because he seemed to have so many fans.  Not sure if they just assumed he would be safe.  I believe he's going to be on Regis & Kelly next week (Monday I think).  And I'm sure he'll be on the Ryan Seacrest tv show On Air later today.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2004, 07:05:36 AM »

As for Survivor,  Rupert was in last season's Pearl Islands show.  And now he's been brought back for All-Stars.  So no, he has not been voted out yet on All-Stars.

Anyone see the Apprentice Finale?  

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2004, 07:33:42 AM »

Well, yesterday was rather exciting for me, as my schools production of "Where's Charley?" was reviewed in the local section of the Washington Post.  Bad news--the show in general got a rather bad review.  Good news--I got a good one.  It was a very small mention, but the review said that the guy cast opposite me and I "cultivate amiable chemistry."  

If anyone wants to see the whole review, let me know and I'll link you!

DVD and VHS--nothing lately, although I taped "Zelig" and "The Man Who Wasn't There" so I plan to watch those over the weekend.

CDs--"On the Twentieth Century" OCR, "Man of La Mancha" OCR, "Bells are Ringing" OCR

BK--I saw "The Cat's Meow" and I rather liked it.  I was impressed by Kirsten Dunst as Marion Davies in particular.  Then again, I really don't think I've seen any other Bagdanovich films--even "Paper Moon."  Isn't that sad?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 07:46:12 AM »

To answer your question DR RLP without giving anything away to SURVIVOR fans, no, Rupert was not on the list as having been voted out twice.

I will greatly miss Jon Peter Lewis, not because he had the greatest voice, but because I found his shenanigans entertaining. His personality and antics hid a voice that was erratic very well. Poor bland John Stevens has no such cover. But he should be safe with Manilow's "Copacabana" if that's what he chooses to sing next week.

Yes, I made no secret that Matt Rogers was my choice, so I had the greatest fun taken out of the show for me after the second week of the finals. Now, I vote for who I think does the best (and call everyone's numbers late in the voting to see who's busy and who isn't; that's how I'm keeping my interest up.) But I don't have a real rooting interest in the show any more. I want the best singer to win, obviously, but that's not always what happens so that, too, keeps me interested.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 07:49:05 AM »

Friday Media Alert:

CD - Nelson Eddy & Jeanette MacDonald INDIAN LOVE CALL (collection of their old RCA studio recordings)

DVD - MURDER BY DEATH to be followed by KISS ME DEADLY

DVR - last Sunday's DEADWOOD

MBarnum

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 08:05:43 AM »

We just got a security alert that the infamous Fred Phelps and his band from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka Kansas will be protesting same-sex marriage out in from of my work (Justice Bldg/Supreme Court Bldg) on Monday. Lovely.

If you aren’t familiar with this group their website is www.godhatesfags.com
That should tell you all you need to know! I am gonna need some extra strong coffee for Monday morning I think! LOL!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 08:11:10 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2004, 08:06:38 AM »

Maya, congrats on the good review for your performance. Please do a link to it!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2004, 08:10:30 AM »

CD -Bill Evans - Conversations With Myself

Nothing anywhere else. As well as the writing I've been working on, I was asked late yesterday to put together a sitcom idea that has to be ready today in order to be considered by the actress it would be for. As she's already leaning towards another idea, this may be an exercise in futility, but I'll give it a try.
..Which is a long explanation for why I have nothing else to report for media check.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2004, 08:23:48 AM »

We just got a security alert that the infamous Fred Phelps and his band from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka Kansas will be protesting same-sex marriage out in from of my work (Justice Bldg/Supreme Court Bldg) on Monday. Lovely.

If you aren’t familiar with this group their website is www.godhatesfags.com
That should tell you all you need to know! I am gonna need some extra strong coffee for Monday morning I think! LOL!

Phelps is the devil incarnate.  Apparently he believes he is above the Christian tenet of "Love Thy Neighbor" and disregards the notion that God loves all his/her children.  What evil is it that drives this semblance of a person to the antics for which he is infamous?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 08:29:49 AM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 09:07:59 AM »

These loony "Christians" give all religions a bad name.

Nothing has given me quite as much pleasure in my life than to cross two picket lines organized  by these "devout" minions who were protesting one time MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN and the other time THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST.

Listening to the vile language hurled at those wanting to attend gave new meaning in my mind to the word "Christian."

It also did my heart good that the theaters were packed for both those films.

Jennifer

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 09:21:34 AM »

Hey where are all the posts?  BK ain't gonna be happy when he wakes up!  

I need more to read.

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 09:25:52 AM »

It is a slooooow morning, isn't it!

I will post my media check when I get home from work...off work at 10am then have to go to eye doctors appt, then some shopping at Border's Books, then posting...in that order! LOL!

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 09:28:15 AM »

I recently acquired a set of the complete symphonies of Gustav Mahler, conducted by Leonard Bernstein.  Numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 occupy the CD player in my car.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2004, 09:34:01 AM »

Well, so far I'm able to get online this morning, so that much is good.

This whole week the mornings have been very light, and yesterday we barely squeaked by without achieving a new all-time low - I mean squeaked by by one post.  Is everyone on vacation?  There are a few regulars who I notice are almost never here anymore - too bad, really.  But we shall carry on, oh, yes, we shall carry on.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up