Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DRAMA AND CHAOS  (Read 20500 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: DRAMA AND CHAOS
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »

Hi, DR PennyO!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 08:08:52 AM »

Bye, DR PennyO!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 08:10:23 AM »

DR PennyO - Thanks for your Balanchine review. -I caught the "All Balanchine" program last week presented by NYC Ballet - and they revived(?) "Tschaikovsky Piano Concerto, No. 2".  -Did the L.A. company use a live orchestra or a track/tape/CD?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 08:14:20 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to Office Depot and then a casting session - I suspect that the person who caused the drama yesterday will be contrite - it's what usually happens after.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 08:17:16 AM »

PAGE THREE "CLASSIC" MARVIN HAMLISCH DANCE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18:00 AM »

A Very Merry Un-Birthday to One and All!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 08:27:51 AM »

DR Jose i just read your comment re: the olympics and the dutch skater being DQed in the 10 000. No i did not see his pre-race interview. Why? I did however, yesterday, see a post race interview with both the skater and the coach, which was interesting.

DR Jennifer - It was actually the interview right after he had won a Gold medal on the first day of competition. After being asked his name, country and event by a reporter, he replied, "Are you stupid?"  You can get a breakdown of the exchange HERE.  *It looks like most of the video clips have been pulled from net by the IOC.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »

TOD -

Songs:  Dreamers, The Way We Were
Stage: They're Playing Our Song,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »

Well, I need to head out to run some errands - which I had "planned" to run earlier, but I let myself sleep in a bit this morning.  Time to lace up the snow boots! :)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »

I just came across this, Bill Cosby's AFI tribute to Sidney Poitier.  Very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDFUTNnyJqQ
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »

The auto repair has been made with no drama.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »

From Matt H:
So did Scott Hamilton. He couldn't speak at all during the performance (none of the commentators did), and you could tell he was shaking with emotion as he tried to talk after it was over.

It was really something.  I hope she can hold it together one more time.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »

Today I must go make a complaint about my most recent auto repair.

:(  Good luck!!

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:13 AM »

And, I hope, no chaos!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2010, 09:30:02 AM »

From Matt H:
So did Scott Hamilton. He couldn't speak at all during the performance (none of the commentators did), and you could tell he was shaking with emotion as he tried to talk after it was over.

I wouldn't wish what happened to Joannie on anyone for anything, but it sure was nice to watch a competitive routine without commentary.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2010, 09:31:01 AM »

DR Jose i just read your comment re: the olympics and the dutch skater being DQed in the 10 000. No i did not see his pre-race interview. Why? I did however, yesterday, see a post race interview with both the skater and the coach, which was interesting.

The skater said that he would continue with the coach since they had been together for so long and had so much success.

The coach took full blame. But the interesting part to me was that he said that normally at any race he is allowed to have another person there to write down the lanes. But they are strict at the olympics and he had to do that himself and made the error. I wonder why they would allow this in other races (i'm assuming he meant that) but not at the olympics when it could be extra beneficial.

I can understand why the error would have if he was inexperienced.  Of course if he had known ahead of time he had to keep track of the lanes one would expect him to practice doing so beforehand. 

Laura

« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2010, 09:33:57 AM »

No drama, no chaos, and no charge.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:49 AM »

I'm just reading DRs Jane and MattH's comments about the ladies short program.

RE: scott hamilton being near tears during Joannie Rochette's short program (her mother went to vancouver to watch her and died unexpectedly of a heart attack a few days ago).

I don't know if NBC showed brian orser (canadian olympian and now yu-na kim's coach). He was crying too.  And the canadian announcers didn't speak at all either. AFterwards Elizabeth Manley (who is one of the commentators on CTV) said she wasn't talking because her and the other announcer were crying.

I did not see any of that.  Thank you even if I'm all teary eyed again ;)

We had a moving interview with Dan Jansen (speed skater who's sister died the same day he had to skate in the '94 Olympics. He was set to win the Gold & fell) talking about his personal experience & the email he sent to Joannie.  He was hoping the few days gave her the time she needed before skating.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2010, 10:02:54 AM »

It's still only flurrying here (though the wind is blowing it all sideways), but it's still not sticking.  I'm beginning to think this storm is just a load of hooey...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2010, 10:08:16 AM »

:D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »

Cilla did you catch the wheel to your car? ;)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »

From Vixmom:
Have I mentioned that the Vixter willbe singing at Carnegie Hall on March 11?

Exciting news!!! 

Thank you for the link Jose.

DR Vixmom I hope you can record the ice skating tonight.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »

I keep waiting for the day someone sues PETA & wins big time.  This billboard, of course, was not authorized by Woods.  I hesitate to share it & give them the attention they want it to receive.  I find it hard to imagine this would encourage anyone to spay or neuter their pets.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2010, 11:04:41 AM »

RE: scott hamilton being near tears during Joannie Rochette's short program (her mother went to vancouver to watch her and died unexpectedly of a heart attack a few days ago).

I don't know if NBC showed brian orser (canadian olympian and now yu-na kim's coach). He was crying too.  And the canadian announcers didn't speak at all either. AFterwards Elizabeth Manley (who is one of the commentators on CTV) said she wasn't talking because her and the other announcer were crying.

We had a moving interview with Dan Jansen (speed skater who's sister died the same day he had to skate in the '94 Olympics. He was set to win the Gold & fell) talking about his personal experience & the email he sent to Joannie.  He was hoping the few days gave her the time she needed before skating.

I haven't been watching NBC the past few days. I did not see dan jansen talk about this. Although i did see him on CTV last week being interviewed re: one of our speedskaters (jeremy witherspoon). Jeremy is considered one of the greatest long track speedskaters of all time. But he has not won gold. And they were interviewing jansen to see his opinion (since he was one of the greatest and almost didn't win).

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »

DR MattH we are still a few weeks behind on Project Runway. But don't be surprised if it's not new tonight. It's not listed as being new on tv guide.com (although they do sometimes forget things). They have Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and The Mentalist as being repeats.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »

I haven't been watching NBC the past few days. I did not see dan jansen talk about this. Although i did see him on CTV last week being interviewed re: one of our speedskaters (jeremy witherspoon). Jeremy is considered one of the greatest long track speedskaters of all time. But he has not won gold. And they were interviewing jansen to see his opinion (since he was one of the greatest and almost didn't win).

At first I read that he didn't win, yet I remember watching him win the following Olympics.  Now I see "almost" didn't win :)  I don't normally watch speed skating but I did watch him because of his story.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »

From Matt H:

I wouldn't wish what happened to Joannie on anyone for anything, but it sure was nice to watch a competitive routine without commentary.

Sometimes i wonder if the announcers know when to speak. I personally don't like it when they babble. But i do like it when they tell which jumps are coming up. And what jump they did do (for example if they do a double instead of a triple).

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 11:13:17 AM »

I am very confused about AMERICAN IDOL. Why were some contestants amazing during hollywood week. Yet they have no clue what to sing on live tv. Maybe it is the hugeness of doing it live that is making the difference. But last night they were almost all bad.

My favorite two are casey (who actually was the only one who did well). He is the guy with long blonde hair who kara has been drooling over. And Andrew Garcia (he went last). Hopefully he will be much better next week.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2010, 12:02:03 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Just waiting for some forms to be processed, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

As for "AI"... I do like(?) the theory(??) that Simon Cowell deliberately sabotaged his final season. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up