Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FEW REMAINING PACKAGES  (Read 11232 times)

Ben

Re: THE FEW REMAINING PACKAGES
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:53 AM »

Basically, all it asks for is your name, address, age, the type of dwelling in which you live and how many people live in your dwelling. If there is more than one person you fill out their name age, sex and their relationship to you. There is room for 7 (IIRC) entries and instructions to attach a separate sheet if there are more than 7

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »

I'm assuming Kevin is Jake's son or Grandson. 

It seems not:

WIKIPEDIA

(Jake) Garn married Hazel Rhae Thompson in 1957. Together, they had four children: Jacob, Susan, Ellen, and Jeffrey. Hazel was killed in a car accident in 1976. Garn was remarried in 1977 to Kathleen Brewerton, who had a son, Brook, from a previous marriage. Jake and Kathleen had two more children, Matthew and Jennifer. Garn has 18 grandchildren: Ryan, Allison, Kirsten, Spencer, Carlie, Hannah, Mckenzie, Daniel, Lauren, Nathan, Caitlin, Savannah, Collin, Erik, Taylor, Summer, Koa, and Abigail.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:07 PM »

Basically, all it asks for is your name, address, age, the type of dwelling in which you live and how many people live in your dwelling. If there is more than one person you fill out their name age, sex and their relationship to you. There is room for 7 (IIRC) entries and instructions to attach a separate sheet if there are more than 7

But it makes clear that this data is to be collected on folks residing there 1 April!

der Brucer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 12:21:19 PM »

I just saw the most incredible news story on tv:  a twin engine plane crash landed on a beach and killed a runner who was wearing an Ipod and didn't hear it coming in.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

Woody got tapped for an unscheduled 12-6 shift, so, since we have a 6-6:60 appointment, I drove him in and will pick him up. (I parked the car atop the hill on the street - the effort to do the backout while turning tightly maneuver is still a bit straining on my chest muscles.)

The "appointment" is with the local farmer we regularly patronize at the summer farmer's market; he also does winter business by Email. One of his offerings is:

Wild caught Alaskan Sockeye and Coho salmon:

Fillets are available in sizes from 1/2 to 1 pound. We are buying the fish direct from the fisherman. All portions were frozen quickly after being caught to preserve the fresh taste and health benefits. Orders may be placed immediately for pick-up on Monday and Tuesday.

The Sockeye, also known as red salmon, is a deep red color and is very flavorful. The Coho, also known as silver salmon, is pink and has a softer texture and milder flavor. Both are delicious! The salmon are harvested sustainably in the cold, clean North Pacific waters along the Kenai Peninsula. They are then vacuum packed without artificial colorings or preservatives.

The sale of salmon is not part of the CSA program. Please bring your payment to pick-up.

Please order fillets in the following size ranges:

8 - 10 ounces

10 - 12 ounces

12 - 14 ounces

14 - 16 ounces

Please specify Sockeye or Coho. The price for all sizes of both species is 11.00/lb.

As with most fish, you may find a few small, thin bones.

We're fond of baked salmon - and it has a good heart-healthy rep - plus the use of responsibly caught wild fish is ecological better than using farm raised (and the fish tastes better).

We can beat the price when salmon is on sale at our market, but I'd like to try this "from the fisherman-to-you" version.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »

Back from shipping - all caught up now.  Had some breakfast and the rest of the day is mine all mine until I convene with Grant at six-thirty.

Laura

« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »

JMK, I think the plane was gliding, and therefore would not have made much noise. One hardly expects to be hit by a plane while jogging on the beach.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »

Our census form arrived today. There are a lot of choices for "race" this time around. Yet I wonder what Mr. Goldstein will mark for Mae-Ling and Wae-Ling.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 12:42:42 PM »

I just saw the most incredible news story on tv:

Incredible is right!

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Plane Hits, Kills Man on South Carolina Beach

HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. (AP) -- A 38-year-old father of two was jogging and listening to his iPod when he was hit from behind and killed by a small plane making an emergency landing on the beach, officials said Tuesday.

Robert Gary Jones of Woodstock, Ga., was killed instantly on Hilton Head Island on Monday evening, said Beaufort County Coroner Ed Allen.

The single-engine plane had lost its propeller and the pilot's vision was blocked by oil on the windshield, Allen said.

Jones was married and had two children, the coroner said.

"Apparently he did not see nor hear the plane," Allen said. "The plane was basically gliding."
Hilton Head fire and rescue spokeswoman Joheida Fister said the identities of the pilot and a passenger on the Experimental Lancair IV-P plane were not released. The two were not injured.

The plane started leaking oil at about 13,000 feet and tried originally to make it to Hilton Head Airport, Fister said.

The oil on the windshield blocked the pilot's vision and he told authorities the propeller came off the plane. When he tried to land on the beach near the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa, the plane hit the jogger and came to rest a little farther down the beach, she said.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 12:46:25 PM »

I gotta tell you.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 12:47:29 PM »

Our census form arrived today. There are a lot of choices for "race" this time around. Yet I wonder what Mr. Goldstein will mark for Mae-Ling and Wae-Ling.

He can always take refuge in the "Some other race" choice.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »

JMK, I think the plane was gliding, and therefore would not have made much noise. One hardly expects to be hit by a plane while jogging on the beach.

So - you do watch TV!

der Brucer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »

Bruce, super nice blog! :D

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

I think it's time to fill out a 2010 census form and get the US government off my back.

I was irked that the Census questions of 1980, 1990, and 2000 were too invasive so I refused to participate -

As a genealogist, Keith would be horrified.  It seems to me you didn't have to answer the offending questions & responded with NOB (none of your business).;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

My census form came in the mail today, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »

What is it with these "perfect people" in Utah?

MUCKRAKING CENTRAL

Utah GOP Leader Resigns After $150G Nude Hot-Tubbing Payoff

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah's House majority leader resigned from the Legislature Saturday, two days after his confession about sitting nude in a hot tub with a teenage girl 25 years ago stunned this conservative state.
Republican Rep. Kevin Garn, in an e-mail message to House Speaker David Clark, apologized for becoming a distraction.

Garn said he paid the woman, Cheryl Maher, $150,000 to keep quiet about the episode when he unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2002.
But the now 40-year-old Maher began calling local news media last week to tell them about being naked with Garn when she was 15. Garn is more than 14 years older than Maher, who now lives in Derry, N.H.

Note to Ms Maher - taking $150,000 in hush money means you keep your mouth shut! Didn't you learn about "values" in Utah?

der Brucer

Hmm does she have to pay back the money now?    2002 wasn't that long ago, she certainly knew what she was doing accepting the money. 

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »

What didn't come in the mail, at least not yet, were the TOY STORY Blu-rays I was expecting. If they come today, it will certainly be too late to be able to do TOY STORY completely today. I can watch the film (or rewatch, of course, though this will be the first time in HD on my set) and if there's a commentary or PiP windows, I can watch and listen to those. (As you see, I haven't even looked at the press release to see what's going to be on these discs.)

Otherwise, I guess it'll be a day off like this afternoon has been (though I kept anticipating the doorbell ringing so I couldn't enjoy some of the things I was watching in anticipation of getting down to work.)

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2010, 01:11:52 PM »

I did watch LAW & ORDER while I ate lunch. Wow! Very gripping episode. CHeyenne was excellent, and Amy MAdigan, as usual, superlative. And Linus Roche gave a VERY powerful performance, especially in the plea bargaining sequence near the end. It was riveting!

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »

DAMAGES continued on its wonderful third season with guest star turns from Ted Danson and Craig Bierko (I had no idea he was going to be on). The show is really at its peak this season. I don't see how, if it gets renewed, it can ever match this season.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2010, 01:15:37 PM »

I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Nothing of interest. (I don't think the boys are back until Thursday.)

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS had the breakup between Luke and Noah, long rumored to be happening but a reality today. Dr. Pill was also around but most of his scenes were with others.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »

To finish out the afternoon I watched episode 10 of ROME, Season I. Caesar is crowned emperor for 10 years, and the first glimmers of Brutus' betrayal were planted in his mind by his mother. Pullo and Vorenus also came to a parting of the ways (though their reconcilliation will be in the future.)

Jane

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »

I'm still undecided on PARENTHOOD.

We ended up not watching.  Keith wasn't interested & I was fine with that. 

We have been busy with several wonderful English series, DOC MARTIN (Martin Clunes), FOYLE'S WAR (Michael Kitchen), LARK RISE TO CANDLEFORD, and WILLIAM & MARY ( Martin Clunes).  We are renting them all from from NetFlix. 

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

I will not wear anything that involves a headset while walking or jogging.  I have talked on the phone using a blue tooth, still leaving one ear free to hear with.  I can imagine I wouldn't hear a glider over the sound of the waves.

Sad story.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2010, 01:33:35 PM »

As a genealogist, Keith would be horrified.  It seems to me you didn't have to answer the offending questions & responded with NOB (none of your business).;)

Well, I did that one year - another time I answered all the questions with absurd falsehoods. Besides, any genealogist who stumbles upon me falls into a dark pit: I was adopted and provided with a phoney, but official, birth certificate.

Actually, when asked nicely I can be very forthcoming - I often cooperate with
detailed surveys and allow my name to be used.

der Brucer

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »

I guess I'll head down now and see what I feel like watching until joining NCIS around 8:12 or so. Can't decide if I want to do a regular DVD movie or a Blu-ray movie. I still have two of those Al Jolson Archive titles left (including GO INTO YOUR DANCE and THE SINGING KID, the latter I've never seen). But I have some Blu-ray sitting there too that I'd like to get to.

Decisions...decisions.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »

I guess I'll finish up with the computer and then head down now.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »

Back from picking up two packages - one with three Warner Archive titles, and one with two Blu and Rays - the new Almodovar film and the Princess and the Frog.  I may try to watch something before I go to Grant's.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »

So - you do watch TV!

der Brucer

I heard it on the radio while I was driving. That's how I heard about the coming census, too.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2010, 02:15:27 PM »

Is there anywhere online to watch last night's LAW AND ORDER?  I can't find anywhere.

I got THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG Blu-ray combo pack today for a mere $12.00 with my $10.00 off coupon.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up