Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 15427 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: GREEN DAY
« Reply #240 on: March 17, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »

I'll be going to Seattle for sure.  And probably Indiana as well.  That's going to be my little vacation this year.

Of course, the show is in Olympia, not in Seattle.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: March 17, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »

I forgot I have Lost to watch.  Tomorrow for sure, along with The Princess and the Frog. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: March 17, 2010, 11:09:39 PM »

I'll be going to Seattle for sure.  And probably Indiana as well.  That's going to be my little vacation this year.

;)

How far is one from the other?  Which airport do I fly into.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2010, 11:13:13 PM »

As for siblings...

I'm the oldest of four boys, and we all basically were born one right after the other - good Catholic family. ;)

My brother, Don, was born a month premature. If he was born "on time", we might have had the same birthday (not birth date).  Consequently, for a month every year, we are the same age. He currently lives in Fairfax, VA, and is the father of my niece, Alexandra.

Michael is brother #3. He currently lives in Fairfax, VA, too, but since he's also been stationed with the Coast Guard in Wilmington, NC, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii.  He's the father of my nephew, John Michael, and my nieces Alyssa and Emily (my god-daughter).

Jay is my youngest brother, and he currently lives in San Diego, CA.  No nieces or nephews via him. Yet. ;)

In general, we all got along while we were growing up, and have gotten closer as we've gotten older.

And that's the Cliffs Notes version.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: March 17, 2010, 11:17:36 PM »

Oh...

And earlier this evening I headed back to Carnegie Hall for a recital by Dawn Upshaw and Emanuel Ax.  They performed songs by Chopin and Schumann (part of the anniversary year celebrations for both composers), as well as the U.S. Premiere of a set of songs by Stephen Prutsman based on texts by Billy Collins, "Piano Lessons".  Emanuel Ax also performed a set of Chopin Mazurkas and Nocturnes. It was a wonderful recital.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: March 17, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

And now... To sleep.  I have another full day of auditions tomorrow.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #246 on: March 17, 2010, 11:24:03 PM »

;)

How far is one from the other?  Which airport do I fly into.

Seattle is a little more than an hour (about 60 miles) north of Olympia, but the SeaTac airport is about 10 miles south of Seattle, so the airport is closer to Olympia.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: March 17, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »

Well, I'm sure there will be a car there to pick me up and take me wherever I need to go :)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #248 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:44 PM »

I fixed low-fat corned "beef" and cabbage tonight. Pathetic, really.

Woody had precooked a brisket the other night. He took the beastie from the frig, trimmed the fat, and re-heated the meat to add to the plate of boiled potatoes, carrots, onions and cabbage; dress with low fat butter and Dijon mustard and serve with rye bread for a yummy heart-healthy meal.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #249 on: March 17, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »

I found something like it at Macy's & was excited because it has a quilted outer layer, much better to deal with dog fur.  I looked up a photo & it fits like a robe & looks like a robe.

The Slanket gives a portion of the profits to a non profit organization.  The color you purchase determines where the money is donated.

Both The Slanket and The Snuggie have sponsored versions which support various local organizations: schools, sports teams, etc.  Check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond.

*And there's even a Snuggie for dogs.  Although, I'm not sure they come in "Sherlock Size". ;)

That's so funny---I wrote this exactly same thing as your last line, but I guess it wasn't posted. Two great minds with a single thought!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34:46 PM »

I saw the story on CBS Sunday Morning with Greg's mom. We both thought the guy who invented it was cute!

Greg's dad came home today but his mom is still in the hospital. She may go into 2 weeks of rehab before she comes home to get her strength back up. I hope his dad can deal with not having her there.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2010, 11:51:20 PM »

Well, I'm sure there will be a car there to pick me up and take me wherever I need to go :)

Well...I probably can I'd be happy to pick you up from the airport and if you want a hotel in downtown Olympia, there are a couple that are within walking distance from the Washington Center.  And there are plenty of good restaurants downtown, too. :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:55:13 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2010, 12:01:53 AM »

I'll need a complete list of local bookstores, too :)  Hotel suggestions would be good, and we'll need to plan our HHW gathering.  Maybe Jane and Keith can come.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up