Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 15518 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: GREEN DAY
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »

I have the vinyl of "On the Flip Side." Always wanted to see what it looked like.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

page eight dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »

I know they say DVD is hurting. But are the people who are saying that the same people who think there is no market for cast albums?
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »

ON THE FLIP SIDE is available on CD, in one of those cool LP sleeve reproductions, from Japan.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2010, 09:02:25 PM »

Night all. I want my hour back.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »

Good evening.    I've had the blinds pulled up in my office for the past 10 days and today I walked into my office and wondered why it was so bright....THE SUN!!!!  It was delightful

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2010, 09:46:42 PM »

Even more of the snow melted today.  We have very little left.  Tomorrow we will have a nice day for part of the day and then Friday....the rain and snow will be back.  But just having a two day reprieve makes all the difference in the world.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »

Finished viewing another Warner Archive title.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »

And actually I'm watching another Warner Archive title in the bedroom.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »

Now I'm relaxing.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »

I wonder if Dustin remembers my uncle Charlie Keith and calling him for some reason in NYC many years ago.  I answered the phone and didn't have a clue who "Dusty" was until Charlie told me.

I doubt it; not because his memory is going but because he meets so many people!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2010, 10:17:51 PM »

Being both Irish and Jewish means, as a family "slogan" goes, we have the Irish temper and the Jewish intellect to back it up.  :)

Dustin christened me as an "honorary Jew", based on my knowledge of Minsk, schmaltz and other things Jewish. He arrived wearing a green lei. He loves off-color jokes, so I immediately said "Looks like "somebody" got lei-ed".  That made him laugh and we had a great recording session. He went way beyond what we expected, time-wise and energy-wise. Once again Peter and I both felt that he was not only the most gracious, kind and thoughtful person we had ever met in the biz, but in our lives.

Afterwards, we spent the afternoon wandering around Venice and then took a drive into Hollywood to have the most wonderful hamburgers at Umami, followed by drinks at the Formosa, a place that struck me as something bk would probably like. Very old-school Hollywood!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »

Good Evening!

I really should be in my bed asleep by now, but I'm not. So...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »

We had a good recording session with Dustin. I have to say he was one of the nicest, most down-to-earth and friendly famous people I've ever met. Drove himself to the session, picked up his own coffee, worked very hard and no attitude, just wanting to make sure we were getting the best that he could do. A real mensch. We're finishing up with him today, and this time he will probably forgo the creamy cold, phlegm-producing coffee drink.

It's always nice when you meet one of your faves and they turn out to be so great.

I love him. I've worked for him a couple of times and I think he's one of the best.

Oh, darn...I wish I had known! I told him how much I had loved Harry Nilsson and the narration Dustin did for The Point, and he sang me a song from a show he was in with Cleavon Little which he thought Harry had written. He told me he couldn't sing, but he can certainly stay on pitch.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »

DR edisaurus - :) :) :) :) :)

I always love finding out that "they" are real people (too).
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

Nice to hear nice things about Dustin Hoffman.

He's very shy but very sly. I worked for him and his company Punch Productions on THE MERCHANT OF VENICE when I was at Drama Book Shop. I got a great Christmas gift from him and the staff. I first helped him as a clerk at DBS in summer 1979. I cannot remember now what he was looking for. When I was managing the Minskoff Rehearsal Studios in 1983, while he was rehearsing DEATH Of A SALESMAN, he was really wonderful to me. Did you know he paid for his acting classes by playing piano for dance classes? I always thought he'd be a wonderful Koko in THE MIKADO.

A friend of Peter's told him that Dustin had helped her get her start as an actress by helping her get a part in DEATH OF A SALESMAN. She's now a teacher at Peter's daughter's school. She had a lot of stories about how generous he was and always tried to help people coming up. He also told us a few stories about rooming with Robert Duvall---they sound like quite a pair!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:12 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2010, 10:27:50 PM »

DR JMK - Pics please of your piano in it's new surroundings! -Glad everything went smoothly.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »

Oh, that clip with Bette and Dustin is so great! I wish I'd been able to read all of this before our session today!

Edisaurus

« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:01 PM »

I fixed low-fat corned "beef" and cabbage tonight. Pathetic, really.

They had corned beef and cabbage at the studio, as well as colcanoon (sp?) and other Irish stuff. There is a lot of revelry going on below my hotel window. The hotel is a block from the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, big party area apparently.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »

Good evening.    I've had the blinds pulled up in my office for the past 10 days and today I walked into my office and wondered why it was so bright....THE SUN!!!!  It was delightful

It indeed was a gorgeous day here in NYC. Alas, I never made it to Central Park due to my quasi-last minute recording session.  However, after I finished the session, I walked down to Madison Square Park and Union Square Park and even took a little stroll through part of the West Village. Of course, since it was St. Patrick's Day, the sidewalks were filled with post-Parade "celebrants". And from what I could see - and smell - it looked like some of them had started "celebrating" quite early today. :-\

But that's New York City on St. Patrick's Day! -For better or worse.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:27 PM »

I fixed low-fat corned "beef" and cabbage tonight. Pathetic, really.

They had corned beef and cabbage at the studio, as well as colcanoon (sp?) and other Irish stuff. There is a lot of revelry going on below my hotel window. The hotel is a block from the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, big party area apparently.

Can you see the Pacific Park ferris wheel from your hotel window? If not, you can CLICK HERE. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »

I've just had three alarming e-mails about skipping problems on the man who would be king.  I just played two different copies in two different players and they played fine, so I'm hoping this is a small, random problem.  If it's more widespread than that, then the pressing plant will have to repress discs only, as many as are needed, and they're also going to have to cover any postage that's required because this is not a fault of the master we sent them, since the two copies I played play fine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »

I found something like it at Macy's & was excited because it has a quilted outer layer, much better to deal with dog fur.  I looked up a photo & it fits like a robe & looks like a robe.

The Slanket gives a portion of the profits to a non profit organization.  The color you purchase determines where the money is donated.

Both The Slanket and The Snuggie have sponsored versions which support various local organizations: schools, sports teams, etc.  Check your local Bed, Bath & Beyond.

*And there's even a Snuggie for dogs.  Although, I'm not sure they come in "Sherlock Size". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2010, 10:57:56 PM »

DR TCB - when the PNW production of BRAIN was first announced, and DR George was cast, I'd hoped to plan a vacation for us around it.  Richard has never been to Washington and Oregon and I haven't been there since a 1984 conference in Seattle.  This spring turns out not be be the time for us to take a trip that elaborate.

I'm very sorry you won't be coming to Oregon. 

Me, too! :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:16 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »

I'll be going to Seattle for sure.  And probably Indiana as well.  That's going to be my little vacation this year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

I picked up Adam 12, Season Four - hoping for lots of local locations again - this time circa 1972.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:11 PM »

Very interesting LOST article DR Jose!

I really like their whole "Watch" blog entries for various shows - especially for "Lost".
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up