Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: GREEN DAY  (Read 15425 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GREEN DAY
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:03:07 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were green, and now it is time for you to post until the green cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: GREEN DAY
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »

And the word of the day is: RADICLE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 05:05:40 AM »

It is hump day, and aren't we glad?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:06:21 AM »

Wow, the first post after BK.  That is very unusual.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 05:07:36 AM »

Where is Ben?  Where is Michael S?  Where is elmore?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 05:08:13 AM »

Where is this thing called love?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

Five A.M. and all is well!
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 05:13:09 AM »

Morning all.

I overslept. A rare occurrence for me.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 05:13:30 AM »

And now I must return to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 05:13:39 AM »

Bye all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17:01 AM »

Good morning, all!

I'm listening to Irish songs sung by my late friend, tenor Frank Patterson, and mourning my other Irish-American heroes, Victor Herbert and the wonderful actor Barnard Hughes. I miss running into Barney on his daily jaunts up and down Broadway. I don't know if Barney and Frank ever met, although I suspect they must have at some point. I knew Frank from the early 1980s when he was doing one of his first Radio City St Patrick's Day shows with, I would swear, every Celtic performer in the eastern USA. I still get ASCAP royalties from his recording of one of my arrangements, "America the Beautiful," I believe.

I met Barney when I was working at Drama Book Shop, just before he went to Dublin to play the grandfather in "You Can't Take It With You" with the Abbey Theatre. I had known his wife Helen Stenborg for several years, and I adore her. When I did BABES IN TOYLAND for the Houston Grand Opera in 1991, I wanted Barney to play the Toymaker, and he was interested but tied up with the tv series BLOSSOM. I still miss him.

So, today I am having breakfast with Peter and Susanna Tarjan, Jerome Moross' daughter and son-in-law. After that, I have BABES IN TOYLAND work in my search for all the "Evaline McCook" corrections.  Not much else after that except work on WIZARD OF OZ.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 05:41:06 AM »

Happy Saint Patty's Day to...ME!

And the others who might be so inclined, although I ignore the usual folderol that takes place on 5th Avenue and is usually attended by those who are, or will be drunk and unpleasant soon into the proceedings.

I had Irish soda bread and coffee (without the alcohol) for breakfast.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 06:08:27 AM »

If you're interested in

Jacques Brel

BBC 2 is running a documentary. Here is the link to Part 1 which aired last night and is available for 6 more days.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 06:10:06 AM »

Good morning, all!

I'm listening to Irish songs sung by my late friend, tenor Frank Patterson, and mourning my other Irish-American heroes, Victor Herbert and the wonderful actor Barnard Hughes. I miss running into Barney on his daily jaunts up and down Broadway. I don't know if Barney and Frank ever met, although I suspect they must have at some point. I knew Frank from the early 1980s when he was doing one of his first Radio City St Patrick's Day shows with, I would swear, every Celtic performer in the eastern USA. I still get ASCAP royalties from his recording of one of my arrangements, "America the Beautiful," I believe.

I met Barney when I was working at Drama Book Shop, just before he went to Dublin to play the grandfather in "You Can't Take It With You" with the Abbey Theatre. I had known his wife Helen Stenborg for several years, and I adore her. When I did BABES IN TOYLAND for the Houston Grand Opera in 1991, I wanted Barney to play the Toymaker, and he was interested but tied up with the tv series BLOSSOM. I still miss him.

So, today I am having breakfast with Peter and Susanna Tarjan, Jerome Moross' daughter and son-in-law. After that, I have BABES IN TOYLAND work in my search for all the "Evaline McCook" corrections.  Not much else after that except work on WIZARD OF OZ.
I remember Hughes from a TV series with Christine Ebersole called "The Cavanaughs." It didn't last long, but I remember enjoying the show thoroughly for its wicked sense of humor and the timing f the entire cast.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 06:19:51 AM »

Jane, just read the e-mail. Congratulations on all the hard work and improvement!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 06:39:15 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's going to be in the mid-60s today here in NYC! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:41 AM »

Happy St. Paddy's day to all! My family immigrated to Toronto from Ireland many moons ago. Actually, they were English Cromwellians, so they were probably run out of Ireland.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:20 AM »

We had a good recording session with Dustin. I have to say he was one of the nicest, most down-to-earth and friendly famous people I've ever met. Drove himself to the session, picked up his own coffee, worked very hard and no attitude, just wanting to make sure we were getting the best that he could do. A real mensch. We're finishing up with him today, and this time he will probably forgo the creamy cold, phlegm-producing coffee drink.

It's always nice when you meet one of your faves and they turn out to be so great.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:42 AM »

DR elmore - If you're heading down to Toyland via the 1 Train later, you may want to take the bus. Apparently, the downtown service on the 1, 2 and 3 trains has been majorly delayed this morning due to a "switch problem" at 72nd Street.
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:56 AM »

Ah yes-- faith and begorah, glory be and have a magically delicious day and all that.  :)
I like boat races.

Edisaurus

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 06:45:58 AM »

I hereby apologize to anyone of Irish descent on behalf of my a##hole relatives.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 06:48:55 AM »

In honor of St. Patrick's Day:

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O'Leary's apartment when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table.  Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up.

Michael O'Connor looks around and asks, "Oh, me boys, someone has got to tell Paddy's wife. Who will it be?"

They draw straws. Paul Gallagher picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse.

"Discreet?" says Gallagher.  "I'm the most discreet Irishmen you'll ever meet. Discretion is me middle name.  Leave it to me."

Gallagher goes over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door. Mrs. Murphy answers, and asks what he wants.

Gallagher declares, "Your husband just lost $500, and is afraid to come home."

"Tell him to drop dead!,"
says Murphy's wife.

"I'll go tell him," says Gallagher.
You can dream…or you can do.

Edisaurus

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 06:49:05 AM »

I met some LA foodie friends (he's a producer for Lifetime whom I missed seeing when I was here last) at a great restaurant a block from our hotel in Santa Monica. Then my partner Peter, also a passionate foodie, met up with us later. It was fun just to sit back and listen to them talk! The restaurant is The Yard---great food, affordable, and owned by a very TALL Top Chef named C.J.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 06:49:30 AM »

I hereby apologize to anyone of Irish descent on behalf of my a##hole relatives.

I have a few on my side as well, though not Irish, Mr. George Armstrong Custer being one of them.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:56 AM »

Quote from: Edisaurus link=t[i
opic=2443.msg654491#msg654491 date=1268833558]

I have a few on my side as well, though not Irish, Mr. George Armstrong Custer being one of them.

How does the song go?

"Oh, were waiting for you
To really come through
And defeat the Sioux,
General Custer."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »

And, then there's:

"Please, General Custer.
I don't want to go...."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:01 AM »

Green Day--one of my favorite rock groups.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »

One of my favorite Irish ditties:

Oh, me father's a drunk
And me mother's a drunk
And me sister's a drunk
And me brother's a drunk
And me uncle's a drunk
And me cousin's a drunk
And the rest of them are dead!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 07:15:52 AM »

Good morning!

A cool and pleasant morning, and the day, which was supposed to have rain, is now forecast to be dry, so I'm glad about that. My walk was very enjoyable this morning.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:48 AM »

"It's a Great Day for the Irish," my favorite St. Paddy's song written by the glorious Roger Edens for Judy Garland and company to sing in LITTLE NELLIE KELLY. I love this song!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up