Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM  (Read 14720 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »

I have to make a trip up to NY to lock the film sometime soon, before THE CLOSER cranks up. I wonder how late in the year the City Bakery sells hot chocolate?

The City Bakery Hot Chocolate is available year-round.  -And they introduce an "Iced Hot Chocolate" usually starting in mid-April.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »

It's a sunny but chilly day here. I hope to spend a little time continuing my spring cleaning of the yard and garden. I got a lot done yesterday but am kind of sore from pulling weeds---which I call my pull-out-ese exercises.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:54 AM »

And Jose takes us to page 3!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »

I've been reading the reviews for Twyla Tharp's latest Broadway "show", Come Fly With Me, and even thought some of them seem like raves, I still can't tell if the reviewers actually thought it was an actual show, or just an amped up stage version of "Dancing with the Stars"?

I have a friend who is involved with it, Charlie Pignone. I wanted to see it when it was here in Atlanta but never got around to it.

Edisaurus

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »

I've been reading the reviews for Twyla Tharp's latest Broadway "show", Come Fly With Me, and even thought some of them seem like raves, I still can't tell if the reviewers actually thought it was an actual show, or just an amped up stage version of "Dancing with the Stars"?

I don't understand why they called it "Come Fly Away" instead of "Come Fly With Me". Guess they couldn't get the rights? It was called "Come Fly With Me" in Atlanta... ???

Edisaurus

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

COME FLY AWAY, BASED ON THE MUSICAL COME FLY WITH ME BY SAPPHIRE...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

I don't understand why they called it "Come Fly Away" instead of "Come Fly With Me". Guess they couldn't get the rights? It was called "Come Fly With Me" in Atlanta... ???

Oh... That's right, it is now called "Come Fly Away".  -From what I understand, part of the reason of the title change was to make it more generic on purpose, and, in turns, more inviting.  Apparently, some audience members were expecting a full-on Frank Sinatra impersonation evening, not a dance piece set to the original Frank Sinatra vocals - with a live band.

*I just have to wonder just how "deep" the audio back-up system is for those original vocals.  Although, I think I heard that there is an "emergency male vocalist" on stand-by just in case - in addition to the female vocalist who sings some of the songs, and sometimes with 'Ol Blue Eyes.

...And I guess I could just check the Playbill that's sitting just a few feet from me...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »

Favorite artists: Bosch, Breugel, Van Gogh, Monet

I've seen a lot of work by the last two. We're having a Monet exhibit in Atlanta right now but I haven't made it there, even though it's right down the street!

Edisaurus

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »

Oh... That's right, it is now called "Come Fly Away".  -From what I understand, part of the reason of the title change was to make it more generic on purpose, and, in turns, more inviting.  Apparently, some audience members were expecting a full-on Frank Sinatra impersonation evening, not a dance piece set to the original Frank Sinatra vocals - with a live band.

*I just have to wonder just how "deep" the audio back-up system is for those original vocals.  Although, I think I heard that there is an "emergency male vocalist" on stand-by just in case - in addition to the female vocalist who sings some of the songs, and sometimes with 'Ol Blue Eyes.

...And I guess I could just check the Playbill that's sitting just a few feet from me...

Come Fly Away is harder for me to remember...

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2010, 10:21:10 AM »

Will you be observing Earth Hour tonight?

Well, I'll leave the lights off at the house and will be in a dark theater watching movies....does that count?

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »

They finally found an actor to play CAPTAIN AMERICA. When I met with the producer in LA, this seemed to be their biggest obstacle. They couldn't find a young actor with the right "build"...it's too popular to be skinny.

Looks like Chris Evans is very qualified!    ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »

I am off to a rehearsal. The book shelves look fantastic, although every muscle in my neck and shoulders aches.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2010, 10:25:24 AM »

I like lots of different art. I now like more abstract art although I never used to.  I collect local artists and people I know.  I have about 10-12 different paintings by locals.  I love all of them and it's fun to collect the works of people I know

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2010, 10:30:29 AM »

When we interviewed Johnny Mercer's daughter, we videotaped some of his watercolors that she had on her walls. Thanks to shooting in HD, I was able to blow up a frame and have a very nice Johnny Mercer watercolor of my very own!

Johnny did a watercolor of Sandy Koufax that I used in our baseball film.

When films collide!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2010, 10:32:34 AM »

Awww... Cheyenne Jackson/"Danny Baker" finally gets featured in The New York Times.  Sort of.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »

Hmm.... No posts in over an hour?!?!?

HARUMPHH!!!!

Oh, the horror!

:o
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »

Will you be observing Earth Hour tonight?

I'm not sure if i will do it.  They have notices in my town about doing it. So maybe.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

Hmm.... No posts in over an hour?!?!?

HARUMPHH!!!!

Oh, the horror!

:o

DR Laura said last night that there's too much talk about TV and movies.

Actually, that was what drew me here in the old days.   HainesHisWay used to be primarily about such things.    Now, for me, there's "too little" talk about entertainment issues.   Many -- most? -- aren't interested in such things at all.   Usually, when I attempt to start -- or "steer" -- a discussion,  it is met with a resounding absence of interest.  I later may find that someone did, eventually, see it and comment upon it, but by that time I was on FaceBook engaged in a round or two of Mafia Wars...in short,  spending my time in a way that interests me at the time.  It will, of course, pass. 

And no, TCB , Facebook in and of itself isn't very interesting or entertaining unless you are engaged in some game or other in which many other people  are also actively engaged.  In Mafia Wars, for instance, I have a "personal" mafia of 650 players....all of which were added one-by-one to help me grow and increase my strength in the game.  And the stronger I am, the more useful I am to other players who have different numbers of people in their mafias.  It's interesting, it's fun and it's not at all judgmental about how I spend my time there....nor does it care if I visit other sites.

;)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:06:06 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2010, 10:50:59 AM »

TOD - I've been a fan of Mark Tobey ever since seeing his abstract painting, "Broadway Melody," in the University of Michigan Museum of Art when I was an undergraduate.  He and I share a Dec. 11 birthday; I was born on his 60th birthday.

I also like Charley Harper, a beloved Ohio stylized wildlife artist.  About a year ago, Richard and I attended an exhibit of needlepoint adaptations of his work that were exquisite.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »

BK,

This is probably old news to everybody else, but I just discovered where the "Guy Haines" name (probably) originated.

It's Farley Granger's character's name in STRANGERS ON A TRAIN.

;D

Did Farley ever sue?

::)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »

Roger Ebert just posted this over on Twitter, and, well... Just watch it (if you haven't seen it already).

"@ebertchicago I don't wanna hear one more WORD about how awful depressed you are. If this doesn't cheer you up, end it all http://j.mp/b8O2Fu "
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2010, 11:02:13 AM »

Hello, everyone.

I've had a very busy last several weeks. I've lost one day each week to dental work. Yesterday should have been a relatively easy day procedurewise, but I came home and fell right to sleep. This is becoming the norm. I'm taking a break from it for a few weeks, then will try to finish it up.  It needed to be done, though, and it'll soon be history.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 11:11:14 AM by Jeanne »

Kerry

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2010, 11:05:22 AM »

Dental vibes for Jeanne!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »

Coping vibes for Jeanne!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »

It's cooler and windier here again today too!  Hooray!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »

Continued house vibes of all sorts for JMK.
I like boat races.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2010, 11:10:01 AM »

Re the post count:

Bruce, I know the post count is important to you, but for those of us who come here to chat or learn or just enjoy the amusement, I don't think it matters. From my viewpoint, another hundred posts a day doesn't make it a better site or a more entertaining one. And I think we learned that there are a few people who we don't want here. This site isn't for everyone; it's a select group, but it usually works pretty well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2010, 11:10:27 AM »

Thank you, Kerry.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2010, 11:10:35 AM »

Roger Ebert just posted this over on Twitter, and, well... Just watch it (if you haven't seen it already).

"@ebertchicago I don't wanna hear one more WORD about how awful depressed you are. If this doesn't cheer you up, end it all http://j.mp/b8O2Fu "

Wow!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »

Yes, house vibes to JMK! I hope your house is bid up and you can show THAT to any naysayers!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up