Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF PITH  (Read 11423 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OUT OF PITH
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:42:40 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had only a small amount of pith, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently having the pith kicked out of them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: OUT OF PITH
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:43:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: BEDIZEN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:52:59 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Ann!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 04:07:28 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 04:40:08 AM »

Good morning. Got an early morning meeting on the magazine, and who knows what the rest of the day will bring. I'm hoping to get to Pilates, but I can't tell at this point. Then it's time to start cleaning house  before Easter and maybe get some more work done on taxes. (I'm missing one or two documents and it's going to drive me crazy.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:04:06 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm up early to see DS Rob off for his first day of paramedic training and to get started on preparations for tonight's "Green Eggs and Ham" dinner.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:11:46 AM »

Good morning, all! I had strange dreams about the Al Carmines show PROMENADE, which is being given in concert in April and I'm thinking about attending, all depending on whether the concert will be with piano or the wonderful Eddie Sauter orchestrations. The dream was mostly about my debating on whether or not to go, weird happenings in the dress rehearsal and then I was working on a production of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA; it was weird.

Today, I have a meeting with my friend, record producer Judy Sherman, about some recording for the McGlinn executor, john Vogel. The three of us are meeting at 10:30 to discuss all the preliminaries: AGVA fees, calendar, schedule, studios, budget, etc. Mr Vogel has never met Judy, whom I've known since 1985 when she produced the McGlinn "Songs of New York" recording for the Book-of-the-Month Club and the NYC Gay Men's Chorus albums between 1985 and 1992.

After that, I have work here on the never-ending Montgomery & Stone Medley and THE WIZARD OF OZ before I pack for my trek tomorrow to the wilds of DC and the Library of Congress. I am going with a bit of trepidation since I have no idea if the people I wish to avoid will be there or not and I'm still feeling bruised over the hostility of LIFE BEGINS AT 8:40. I have things to research and photocopy, so I'm taking the train to DC, come hell or high water.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 05:15:51 AM »

I'm awake and off to work.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 05:25:40 AM »

The Dream-0-Matic 6000 says that DR ELMORE is more interested in working on songs and musicals already established rather than brand new untried material - but that there must be a new approach and lots of discussion before he is interested in beginning his work.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:02 AM »

Wednesday - and it promises to be a lovely day weather wise.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:31 AM »

My first question for ASK BK day - what feature on your new motor car would you now be unable to live without?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:44 AM »

Out of pith is better than being out of pitch.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 05:34:03 AM »

The good weather is on the way to New York. It has stopped raining, though it's still grey and cloudy and by the weekend we may have an 80 degree day.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 05:34:27 AM »

Back to work.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »

The Dream-0-Matic 6000 says that DR ELMORE is more interested in working on songs and musicals already established rather than brand new untried material - but that there must be a new approach and lots of discussion before he is interested in beginning his work.

DR JRand59, you are amazing! I would amend that analysis by saying that it all depends on the new material; for instance, I would rather have my ears drilled than work on a show by a couple of writers I won't mention, but there are shows by other writers whose work I would be happy to orchestrate. I would love to do YANK!, for example. I love big band 40's music.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 05:47:20 AM »

Coffee.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Kerry

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 06:08:42 AM »

Cranberries!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 06:15:03 AM »

The Bravo Channel is showing the weirdest PROMISES PROMISES ads: we get it once with the band (sounds like a synth on a brass patch) playing the title song. Then after another commercial, we get the same PROMISES PROMISES ad, with the very same copy, and an underscore of "Say A Little Prayer." Very tiresome.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 06:37:51 AM »

The sun has returned to Manhattan!

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Ann!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 06:51:27 AM »

"Out of pith othen comth thertainty"
                                   --unknown
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 06:52:31 AM »

One of my favorite shows is starting again tonight, IN PLAIN SIGHT.  Unfortunately it is on the USA network which is not available in Canada.  So i just have to wait (hopefully soon) for Global tv to post their schedule.

Hopefully i won't have to wait as long as i've had to wait for THE CLOSER.  The station W that shows it still has not shown season 4. Although when i emailed them they said they would be showing it this year.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 06:52:32 AM »

! ! ! ! !  Happy Birthday to DR Ann (of the beguiling eyes)  ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 06:56:46 AM »

Re: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS results

one two three alkj klj iou oiu oiu  and then there wanted to see and then happy and then one and and much too soo
I was a little bit bummed about the bottom 2. Although these two teams were not the best, they were not the worst.
They had announced pamela anderson right at the beginning of the show as being in the B2. I thought her name would have made her more popular. Then they had shannen dougherty and kate gosselin (one would make it and the other would be in the bottom). They announed it was mark and shannen in the bottom. I really like mark ballas a lot. And thought that this week he was great (the routine was great). And shannen was really so much improved. So i was upset when they were voted out.  However after the vote was revealed, it was revealed that mark had injured himself (his knee) in rehearsals that day and would be out for 6 weeks. So shannen actually sort of seemed happy because she said she didn't want to dance with anyone but him. And she would have had to switch partners. So i was then sort of happy. Because i also would not have wanted to see her with another partner.
one two three alkj klj iou oiu oiu  and then there wanted to see and then happy and then one and and much too soo

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 06:57:37 AM »

We still have cool weather today. But starting i think thursday or for sure friday it is supposed to get really warm. I think saturday and sunday are supposed to be like 24C (which is 70s). Yeah!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 07:02:44 AM »

BK,

The other day you mentioned that Louis Lepke was a major character in the long musical.  So, is this a musical about Murder, Inc. or is that just a subplot?

On a similar subject:

Several years ago, I had the idea of turning my original script of DILLINGER AND CAPONE into a musical.  I had sold it to Roger Corman, who produced the film.  Unfortunately (after his experience with THE LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS),  were unable to negotiate a realistic deal for me to regain the rights, so I dropped the project.

But, one of the numbers I was planning for the show was "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre Polka".

You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 07:10:35 AM »

Good morning!

Very cool this morning (38), but the walk went well. This was the first morning since the time change that the street lights were off by the time I got to the last half of the walk (due to daylight taking over).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 07:11:51 AM »

After I ate a light breakfast, I went out and mowed the front yard this morning, the first time in 2010 (first of many, I'm UNHAPPY to say). Can't stand doing it, but it was over in 15-20 minutes.

However, from now on, I'll either walk in the morning or mow the grass, but I WON'T do both!

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 07:12:50 AM »

Unless the UPS truck sneaked by me when I was away from my desk this morning, there has been no delivery and thus, I'm looking at another day off. Maybe the delivery will be later this morning.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 07:13:21 AM »

Guess I'll speed through last night's IDOL later this morning. I see that it was soul music night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up