Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE  (Read 12244 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2010, 11:28:37 AM »

PAGE THREE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

Betsy's doing much better, Jane, thanks for asking.  Her parents halved the number of pills.  What bugged me is they just made a unilateral decision without asking Betsy, and it's not what the doctor prescribed.  It's a passive aggressive control issue thing, something they're experts at.  :)

Perhaps you can get the unused half to help ease the pain of dealing with "them" :D

der Brucer

Have you contemplated socruscide?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »

TOD: I don't know that I've ever looked my best, so we can scratch that half of the discussion in short order. I think the worst or weirdest was in a high school skit that we did in which the guys were barmaids and the girls were the cowboys. I wore some handmade horror in shiny blue material with drag queen-painted eyes, sat on top of a make-shift piano and croaked out "Most Ladies Don't Like Love." It wasn't pretty.

If you have never looked your best, how can you tell when you have looked your worst?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:24 AM »

Yes DR TCB - but I NEVER get it - the attention I need that is.

Continued vibes for BETSY.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »

Merlin the Magickal Cat chose Butler for the win - you heard it here first....well second....I heard it HERE first....but you heard it here, that's for sure.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:24 AM »

Jokes Fall Flat Department - may I interest you in something short?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 11:36:42 AM »

Yes DR TCB - but I NEVER get it - the attention I need that is.

Continued vibes for BETSY.

Forgive me Jack, that should have been posted with a smiley. That was the way it was intended.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »

And yes, continued vibes to DW Wife.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »

CAPE GAZETTE

The civil suits against our Pediatrician Pedophile Posterboy are now in the works.

It’s a shame that the only really deep pockets belong to the hospital – if they lose, the community loses.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »

Our co-author of the long musical has, according to several actors who've contacted me, continued to give acting direction to them.  I was promised this would not happen.  I haven't even begun doing any acting direction, as we've been assembling and blocking and all that stuff.  Today and tomorrow actors get notes.  So, I called him and put my foot down and said no contact with the actors other than hello, goodbye, and compliments.  Period.  Once again, he promised.  If he has notes, he can give them to me.  It's really bad when this stuff happens - when a writer goes to an actor and says "bring it down" the actor doesn't always know how to interpret that, because it's a pretty amorphous thing to say.  Bring WHAT down?  One line, the entire thing - and what you're usually left with is NOTHING.  Whereas if you're specific and say "maybe a little less on this line" an actor knows exactly what you're talking about and doesn't turn the performance into boring.  And I don't have time to fix anyone else's "direction."  My assistant and the stage manager have been instructed to stop anything like this should they see it happening.  And the actors have received an e-mail saying they should come to the stage manager if they're receiving any acting direction from anyone other than the director.  Hopefully we'll get through the next few days without incident.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »

And for anyone that is considering dying Easter eggs today, just remember............

“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2010, 11:51:32 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I am listening to GREENWILLOW.

That is all.
Saw a wonderful production of "Greenwillow" staged in a dinner theater in Sarasota, Fla., about 12-14 years or so ago. Walter Willison, I think, had rewritten the book and jiggered a few songs around. The production was lovely. Wish somebody else would do it again.

I worked on the adaptation by Walter Willison for the Utah Festival Opera which was truly magical, and it was the opera broadcast I was listening to, but the adaptation is mo longer available and that's a lot of gossip in itself! Big can of worms.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:54:36 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »

That is all.
Saw a wonderful production of "Greenwillow" staged in a dinner theater in Sarasota, Fla., about 12-14 years or so ago. Walter Willison, I think, had rewritten the book and jiggered a few songs around. The production was lovely. Wish somebody else would do it again.

It was 1998, 12 years ago.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »

I nicked my lip while shaving - really stupid - and it was quite a bloody little scene - it's calmed down now, and I hope I don't have a big, ugly something on my lip when all is said and done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »

Shortly I shall be on my way to rehearsal.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »

Cyber son, Jed, and daughter-in-law, Ann, are off on a cruise.  I am assuiming that Toby is with them and not Home Alone!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »

TOD: I don't know that I've ever looked my best, so we can scratch that half of the discussion in short order. I think the worst or weirdest was in a high school skit that we did in which the guys were barmaids and the girls were the cowboys. I wore some handmade horror in shiny blue material with drag queen-painted eyes, sat on top of a make-shift piano and croaked out "Most Ladies Don't Like Love." It wasn't pretty.

If you have never looked your best, how can you tell when you have looked your worst?
The mirror.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »

That is all.
I heard a few of those stories coming out of the Sarasota production. Too bad. The show can be as sweet and warm as the score. Think plenty of community theaters would love doing it.

I worked on the adaptation by Walter Willison for the Utah Festival Opera which was truly magical, and it was the opera broadcast I was listening to, but the adaptation is mo longer available and that's a lot of gossip in itself! Big can of worms.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »

Sorry about the bloody lip, BK. Hope it doesn't look like someone else gave it to you.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

That is all.
I heard a few of those stories coming out of the Sarasota production. Too bad. The show can be as sweet and warm as the score. Think plenty of community theaters would love doing it.

Some folk have bigger egos than talent.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »

Our wind storm yesterday was not a no-show as I previously thought.  Instead, it arrived about 8 hours late.  Just as I was getting ready for bed, everything started rocking and rolling outside.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2010, 01:24:06 PM »

DR TCB _ I knew what you meant.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2010, 01:26:00 PM »

I think getting acting notes from a director with a big bloody thing on his lip would make me more inclined to listen.  :o

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »

First shorts of 2010.

Goodness! - You've been "going commando" for over three months?

der Brucer

Talk about jokes falling flat.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »

I only managed to get two PERRY MASON episodes watched in their entirety this afternoon. Lots of phone calls and other activities that took some time away from viewing.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »

This was also a first. The first MASON show I watched this afternoon didn't one recognizable "name" actor as past of the guest cast. None even on the level of a Frank Cady or Parley Baer. I think that must have been a first for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »

The second one had Stuart Erwin and George Macready as the primary guest stars. I started a third episode by got interrupted. Raymond Bailey is playing a doctor in that one.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

While I ate lunch, I had time to watch PROJECT RUNWAY.

I liked the selection of the winners and found the results completely accurate and fair. I had no problem with the losing design, really a hopeless, shapeless mess, but I think after last week, that designer just figured it was a lost cause and stopped really trying.

But I was REALLY angry that the person who finished third from the bottom was given yet another pass. This person has been in the bottom A LOT in the last month, and yet still skates by with these close calls. The last two designs have been completelymundane and defenseless in terms of the subject of the challenge and how far off the mark it was.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »

OK, that was a quick internet surf and now I'm heading down to continue with PERRY MASON.

WBBL.

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2010, 02:52:11 PM »

Good Afternoon. I've spent the day researching the history of my house and the people who have lived here.  I found some really interesting information.   Esther and Bert built the house in 1934.  It turns out Esther's father is a local legend.  Back in 1892 there was a horrendous flood here. Her  father Andrew saved 27 people before his boat was capsized by a tree in the river and he lost his life.  People had repeatedly tried to stop him from going back into the river, but he wasn't going to let people die.  There is a monument to him at the cementery. Actually a whole section of the cemetery is named after him. There used to be a park too, but I don't think it's here anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up