Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE  (Read 12377 times)

Cillaliz

Re: SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »

Tonight I'm going to see Avenue Q.  I've never seen it before and am really looking forward to it

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2010, 03:03:29 PM »

We had a delightful trip to Deshler, OH, and a fun visit with our niece Rev. Amy and her family.  Had to get back in time to see the basketball games - Go, Spartans! - and later we will order pizza.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Here's a link to the info on Esther's fatherhttp://www.siouxcityhistory.org/people/more2685.html?id=4_0_2_0_M  Kind of cool that I live in the home of the daughter of a hero!  The woman I talked to from Texas is Esther's daughter.   

I've traced all but one of the other owners. Including me, there have been 7 owners since 1934.  Esther was here for 37 years and she and her husband (who died 9 years after the house was built) built the house.  So, I think of it as Esther's house.   I went out to the cemetery today and found the monument to her father. She and Albert are buried right next to it.  I really feel a connection to her. It doesn't look like she ever remarried, so most of the time she was here, she lived alone.  Just like me!

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

four of the people who lived in this house were lawyers (counting me)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »

We had a delightful trip to Deshler, OH, and a fun visit with our niece Rev. Amy and her family.  Had to get back in time to see the basketball games - Go, Spartans! - and later we will order pizza.

Go Bulldogs!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 03:07:19 PM »

Go Bulldogs!

Sorry, Ginny, I have to go for the underdogs (get it bull-dogs)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 03:11:45 PM »

I always found the day between Good Friday and Easter to be a strange day.  You were through with the crucifixion, but you weren't quite ready to celebrate the Resurrection.  A non-entity stuck into Holy Week.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope you like AVENUE Q.  Richard and I saw it in NYC right after they announced it was closing.  It's now moved to an off-Broadway space and I'd go see it again in a minute.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »

I always found the day between Good Friday and Easter to be a strange day.  You were through with the crucifixion, but you weren't quite ready to celebrate the Resurrection.  A non-entity stuck into Holy Week.

Guess that's as good a time as any to watch basketball  ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »

DR Cillaliz - hope you like AVENUE Q.  Richard and I saw it in NYC right after they announced it was closing.  It's now moved to an off-Broadway space and I'd go see it again in a minute.

Thanks Ginny, I can't believe I didn't go see it on Broadway, but I just never did.  There were always other things that I wanted to see more.  It will be fun. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

T.O.D.

I think the best I have ever looked was for my ten-year high school reunion.  High school was not a fun time for me.  I was a drama nerd at a time before computer nerds would take our place on the bottom rung of the caste system.

I changed a lot after high school inclding growing three inches taller.  As we got close to the ten year reunion, I was working as the Assistant Manager for the Garden Shop at Sear's.  Not a high class job, but I was certainly in shape.  By the night of the reunion, I was tanned, buff, and had a great fro.  Girls that never talked to me in high school suddenly couldn't get enough of me.  I guess it was the one time that the ugly duckling became a swan.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »

Ok, time to find something for dinner and get ready to go tonight.  Laters

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »

I think we need to get busy moving us onto Page Five!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »

Go Bulldogs!

That's OK, DR TCB.  I really don't care who wins this tournament.  Mary Linda's from a very loyal Michigan State family (both parents went there), so we're rooting for them now.  But I do have some fondness for Butler, because my mother is from Indianapolis and Richard and I spent a great Sunday there with DRs Jose and JRand for Mamma Mia.  And then there's WVU - my uncle taught in the med school there and we visited Morgantown many times.  My cousin Dan and I had a great time at a Mountaineer football game 30+ years ago.

td

• td
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

TOD:  as Tony Bennett once warbled, "The best is yet to come."
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »

TOD - I suppose my best day was January 17, 1981, our wedding day.  The day I wore a really embarrassing outfit was my 8th grade confirmation at St. Andrew's Methodist Church in Detroit.  All the other girls wore gauzy pastel party dresses, but I had my mother make me a shift out of white fabric with 1" navy blue polka dots.  In the photo, which I have hidden away, that dress sticks out like a sore thumb.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 03:33:34 PM »

Matt H., thanks for your concerns about whether I would be healthy enough to do the role in SLEUTH.  Actually, I think that I am up to doing the show.  I have played the role of Andrew three different times, and with three different Milos.  I have always felt that it was a role written for me.  I would truly love to do it one more time before I am done.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 03:35:19 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 03:37:42 PM »

Go Bulldogs!

That's OK, DR TCB.  I really don't care who wins this tournament.  Mary Linda's from a very loyal Michigan State family (both parents went there), so we're rooting for them now.  But I do have some fondness for Butler, because my mother is from Indianapolis and Richard and I spent a great Sunday there with DRs Jose and JRand for Mamma Mia.  And then there's WVU - my uncle taught in the med school there and we visited Morgantown many times.  My cousin Dan and I had a great time at a Mountaineer football game 30+ years ago.

Actually, Ginny, I don't really care who wins either.  It just seems like everyone is saying that Butler doesn't have a chance (which they probably don't); so, of course, I have to go with them.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »

I am a little disappointed with the new preview for PRINCE OF PERSHIA.  The new one seems to focus on all the thrills and excitement of the movie, rather than the body of Jake Gyllenhaal.  What's with that?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2010, 03:45:47 PM »

DR TCB - don't count Butler out yet.  Are you watching the game?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

Oh, you bet I am!   :D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2010, 03:52:14 PM »

During the second half, I will probably forsake the computer for my cat and my recliner, but for now I am typing and watching.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2010, 03:54:05 PM »

Well, here in Lima, the girls are glued to the TV and the boys have gone to pick up the pizza.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2010, 03:56:45 PM »

Well, here in Lima, the girls are glued to the TV and the boys have gone to pick up the pizza.

And where do you get pizza in Lima?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

Fat Jack's was recommended to us by someone at church.  We're trying it for the first time tonight.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »

DR Cilla, I'm enjoying reading about your house & the people who have lived in it. :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:17 PM »

Matt H., thanks for your concerns about whether I would be healthy enough to do the role in SLEUTH.  Actually, I think that I am up to doing the show.  I have played the role of Andrew three different times, and with three different Milos.  I have always felt that it was a role written for me.  I would truly love to do it one more time before I am done.

I'm glad to read this as I also was concerned.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:47 PM »

Fat Jack's was recommended to us by someone at church.  We're trying it for the first time tonight.

Well, please let me know if it is any good.  I just might visit Lima someday.  I have alwasy been fond of their beans.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »

I'm glad to read this as I also was concerned.

Thank you, mother!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2010, 04:08:35 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up