Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE CLICKS FASTER  (Read 15482 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FIVE CLICKS FASTER
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »

I'll be on my way to rehearsal in about fifteen minutes.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #241 on: April 04, 2010, 06:03:48 PM »

Bedtime for Bozo.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »

I really should do laundry, but just don't want to. Guess I can do it tomorrow night during DWS

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

I just performed "Waters of March" a week or so ago.  And of course I've shared the priceless story of Sergio's debut of the song on the Tonight Show when Bonnie Bowden went completely up on the lyric.  Live television at its best.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »

Oy, this board is a hassle to upload pics on sometimes.  Here's a map of our new neighborhood.  It was one of the first planned communities in the U.S. and is full of common areas and walking trails:
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2010, 06:46:02 PM »

How nice to live where you will have trails to walk the dogs.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2010, 06:46:49 PM »

I really should do laundry, but just don't want to. Guess I can do it tomorrow night during DWS

Except for a break when we were hiking I've been doing laundry all day.  I'm pleased to say the last load is in the dryer.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »

When I went down, I was unsure what I wanted to start with to begin my evening viewing. Then I spied a DVD-R I had burned last June. It was filled with Adam Lambert's performances from last season's AMERICAN IDOL competition. There were about 12 performances of his on there.

My, god, I couldn't believe what a finished performer he was compared to these ninnies who are starring on the show this season. Even the best ones this year aren't in his same league AT ALL. It's almost embarrassing to see how impressive these performances are compared to what I've seen this season on IDOL. Really makes me want to stop watching.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »

After I finished those, I rewatched a couple of figure skating performances from this year's national championships: Rachael Flatt's, Marai Nagasu's, and Ryan Bradley's. They were SO on their game at Nationals.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: April 04, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »

Then I watched DUPLICITY recorded from HBO-HD. The premise is intriguing and I liked the surprises which kept getting revealed throughout the film.

But who in their right mind would have written that ending? No WONDER the film flopped so badly! NOBODY wants to see a romantic caper film with an ending like that. Compare it to the worldwide box-office smash of something like MR. AND MRS. SMITH, more action oriented than a thinking man's film but still with glamorous leads and a witty script and with an ending that EVERYONE would want for the movie, and there's the difference. CHARADE is also something much closer to to mark of what an audience would want.

I wonder if the studio tried to reason with Tony Gilroy to go for something completely different in that last 15 minutes of the movie? I can't believe anyone who knows anything about the movie business would think that would be the kind of ending audiences who had gotten caught up in this caper for two hours would want.

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »

When I finished DUPLICITY, I noticed on one of the Showtime channels was Bud Greenspan's documentary on the 1998 Nagano Olympics, and they just happened to be at the part of the movie that concerned the ladies event that year. He didn't focus on the battle for gold, though (Lipinski winning over Kwan). His focus was on Lu Chen, the former world champion from China who had fallen from 1st in 1995 to 25th in 1997. The story of her overcoming her demons to land on the podium at Nagano was very touching, and it made me want to fish out those Olympics from the archives so I could watch the whole program. (I didn't, but I may find time to do that later in the week.)

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: April 04, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »

So, I still didn't get to GRAN TORINO nor to LAW & ORDER from last week. Maybe tomorrow since nothing recorded tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »

Patricia Heaton was supposed to speak at our United Way Women's Power Lunch but she can't be there. One report said "health reasons" another said "Personal reasons"   does anyone know what's up and if she's ok?  Sure hope so.  Doris Roberts is filling in for her, which will still be fun

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2010, 07:34:25 PM »

I haven't decided if I'm going to work tomorrow or take the day off. It might be wise to get one of those Criterion Blu-rays out of the way even though they aren't due until the 20th. I guess I'll see if the mail brings anything and see how I'm feeling tomorrow in terms of doing work.

Matt H.

« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

I'm closing up shop in the office and heading downstairs to bed.

Good night!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2010, 07:37:22 PM »

Enjoyed my annual watching of KING OF KINGS, the best of the the biblical Jesus epics because it gives the story a political-historical context, has a great Miklos Rozsa score, a terrific cast, an great unsung performance by unsung Ron Randell, and the Frank Thring lisping,  "DansssssSalome!"

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

I just ordered the FOREVER PLAID Las Vegas 10 Year Anniversary CD.

I am hoping to interest my theater in opening out 50th season with the Plaids......I am not optimistic, but I AM persistent!
I saw the flat film version of "Forever Plaid" last year and wondered whatever happened to it. Anybody know?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #257 on: April 04, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »

Well, the dinner went well, but I have to wonder: Why goose instead of duck? I honestly don't know. Duck is cheaper and tastes better. Work better with pinot noir, too. But after five bottles of wine for four people, who cares?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »

I am hoping to interest my theater in opening out 50th season with the Plaids......I am not optimistic, but I AM persistent!
I saw the flat film version of "Forever Plaid" last year and wondered whatever happened to it. Anybody know?

My next door neighbor back in Los Angeles was the producer of that film.

I'll ask him.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »

Then I watched DUPLICITY recorded from HBO-HD. The premise is intriguing and I liked the surprises which kept getting revealed throughout the film.

But who in their right mind would have written that ending? No WONDER the film flopped so badly! NOBODY wants to see a romantic caper film with an ending like that. Compare it to the worldwide box-office smash of something like MR. AND MRS. SMITH, more action oriented than a thinking man's film but still with glamorous leads and a witty script and with an ending that EVERYONE would want for the movie, and there's the difference. CHARADE is also something much closer to to mark of what an audience would want.

I wonder if the studio tried to reason with Tony Gilroy to go for something completely different in that last 15 minutes of the movie? I can't believe anyone who knows anything about the movie business would think that would be the kind of ending audiences who had gotten caught up in this caper for two hours would want.
And yet I liked the ending of "Duplicity" better than the ending of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." I liked most everything better than watching "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Dreadful waste of time. The bossa nova elevator music was the only time I cracked a smile and I think it was the wrong kind of smile. I liked hearing the music, not the reverse.
Yet, lazy and alienating as the ending of "Dupliity" was, I liked it better. As least, I remember it. I don't remember much of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" except thinking that both stars deserved better.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

My next door neighbor back in Los Angeles was the producer of that film.

I'll ask him.

I just spoke to my former neighbor, and they are still trying to negotiate a DVD deal for the film.
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2010, 08:19:15 PM »

I hope they do; I'll buy it, even though I have no tv to play it on.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

Thanks, DR Druxy. I wasn't thrilled with the final product, but it was better than nothing.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2010, 08:23:25 PM »

Watching "Easter Parade" now and, in reference to something I posted earlier, I wonder why directors just don't trust their material and their actors anymore. The medley that starts with "I Love a Piano" and ends with "When that Midnight Choo-Choo Leaves for Alabam" is a lesson in how you shoot musical numbers. 
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »

I hope they do; I'll buy it, even though I have no tv to play it on.

That's got to be the best endorsement of a film I've ever seen!

Cillaliz

« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »

OK, time for bed.  Night!

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »

Happy Easter.

Hi  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

John G.

« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »

OK, so "Easter Parade" is over and it's not the bestest that MGM did in that period, but it's betterer than a heap o' musicals from the era. And that's it from here. Night, all.
― Voltaire

Sam

« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:58 PM »

The internet is on again, 5 weeks off was too long.  :-[

It's raining outside, but I'm warm and cozy in my new home,  which was built in 1912.  It still has the original wood floors and original wood window frames.    The glass panes are super cool, not flat at all.    

I'm happy happy happy.   8)

And happy happy vibes to everyone.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »

I will never move again.
All kitchen things are in storage, I feel like I live in too many places.  Not even going to try to pull it all together for another couple of months.   It's too much.  I feel too old.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up