Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME  (Read 11676 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: CALL ME
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:14 AM »

RE:  LOST

SPOILER WARNINGS

I, too, enjoyed last night's episode, but I was hoping that Desmond and Penny's meeting would pack more of a wallop.  I was also surprised that this wasn't the episode where Libby was to put in an appearance.

I've had a theory about what we were going to see in the sideways world.  I thought that the bomb going off back in 1977 had, in this world, popped the "cork" that Jacob talked about weeks ago and set the evil free and we would begin to see that this sideways world has become a hell on earth.  But with only five episodes left, there doesn't seem to be much time left to tell such a tale.  There doesn't seem to be much time left for LOST to do a lot of things that I hoped it would do...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »

PAGE THREE BLACK AND WHITE DANCE:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:53 AM »

And now that I've finally watched last night's "Lost"....

:) :) :) :) :)
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »

...came on the heels of our exhausting Easter weekend.  I came home last night to a yummy chicken dinner prepared by DH Richard, after which I vegged in front of the TV and went to bed early.  Looking forward to a few of days of puttering and no commitments.

Weekend retreats with family, homecooked meals, control of the remote, and comfortable bed times ahead of puttering days - (Boy! You have the Retirement Experience nailed.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »

More "Lost" talk...

DR Jennifer - Part of "Lost's" method has been to concentrate on one character every now and then from the first season. Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2010, 10:17:55 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2010, 11:10:46 AM »

Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »

Yes, DR der Brucer, I have become quite comfortable with the retirement routine. 

Now, I'm off to the grocery store...bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2010, 11:32:57 AM »

TV Series Finales that DELIVERED:

"Newhart" -- final episode "The Last Newhart" -- the final scene.  CLASSIC!  UNEXPECTED! BRILLIANT!
I would have to add "Six Feet Under" to that list.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 11:36:35 AM »

"Newhart" -- final episode "The Last Newhart" -- the final scene.  CLASSIC!  UNEXPECTED! BRILLIANT!

Agreed! I sobbed - violently! - throughout that final montage.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 11:37:47 AM »

Well...

This is one way to to void the warranty on your new iPad.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

Agreed! I sobbed - violently! - throughout that final montage.
And laughed hysterically through the tears at the image of Billy and Brenda.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »

OK... I've dawdled too long at the fair.  Time to get outside for a bit.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2010, 12:07:29 PM »

Congrats to BK!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ben

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

Well...

This is one way to to void the warranty on your new iPad.

;D

Laughed and laughed!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2010, 12:11:10 PM »

Nice day out today despite being a bit on the cool side
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »

Making final preps for my trip to Cincinnati next week...

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »

re: LOST

SPOILERS

this was and better then the dfoiuf lblah kl klj one two  oiu io  if f io iuo love and then they were two and them
this was and better then the dfoiuf lblah kl klj one two  oiu io  if f io iuo love and then they were two and them
I also thought that this was one of the best episodes of the season. But i agree with DR RonP that the sideways
story did completely monopolize the show. I wonder if loving desmond and or penny would make people love the show more. My sis who doesn't really like desmond or them as a couple was not crazy about this episode. but everywhere i've read, most fans completely love it. one two three four and then there were more one two three one two three four one two

NOT A SPOILER...JUST AN OPINION:

I feel that at this point, they aren't using any specific character(s) because audiences like them (not that that would be a bad thing, though)...the producers/writers of the show just need to impart the information that they need so that they can end the show on what will hopefully be a VERY satisfying ending.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2010, 12:20:52 PM »

Thank you DRs Cilla, John G, Sam, & Jose.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21:40 PM »

DR Sam I hope you never tire of your daily drive.  It sounds lovely.

DR George, good news about your friend Margo.  HEALING VIBES TO HER!!

DR John G., vibes the meds make you feel better!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:23 PM »

Looking forward to doing some networking, meeting new faces, listening to newand neat things and a bit of exploring..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2010, 12:23:59 PM »

Vibes to one and all...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »

Going to a Lao wedding this weekend. I have never been to one and I am looking forward to it

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »

Glad to hear that George's freind Margo is getting better

Jane

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

This morning I got up early, drove to meet my hiking group, and went on a beautiful hike to see the early wildflowers.  After the hike we stopped for hot chocolate.  :) 

It through me off my schedule & I didn't do my morning exercises.  I think I'll take Sherlock for a walk to the mailbox before getting out of my jeans & into something comfortable for exercising.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »

If the temps get as warm as they are saying for next week, the trees should start to bud here... oh and the annual ritual of spring for this area,,

The arrival of Skunkus Dinosauras aka the Beet Plant sloughs...

Jane

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »

Sherlock was extremely unhappy I left him at home.  He sat by my side while I put my shoes on & then Keith had to hold him so I could get out the door.  Keith said Sherlock waited at the door for several minutes after I left.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2010, 12:41:23 PM »

Poor Sherlock...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2010, 12:42:27 PM »

interesting how a pet acts when a person leaves the house
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up