Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT  (Read 13534 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: PUT A LITTLE PEPPER ON IT
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2010, 07:57:56 PM »

Cranberries!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:12 PM »

DR TCB - I hope you are OK, and I hope your car will be back to OK soon too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »

Yes, DR's - it was the most fun I have had in a long time.

Met some very nice ladies and gentlemen - danced in front of an appreciative crowd - and got to wear my John Travolta suit and hair.

I did also get one of the biggest laughs of the night when Beau the emcee asked me a question about my wig.....and I took a nice beat and asked him:  "What wig?"

And certainly our 26 was a respectable score - for what we did.

Great Score!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2010, 08:23:31 PM »

And we raised $26,000 for the Putnam County Youth Foundation.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2010, 08:31:38 PM »

R.I.P. Dixie Carter

:(
Sad news, indeed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

Yesterday was a very sad day for me.  I stopped at the credit union, and as I was pulling out, a kid in an older clunker ran into my brand new car.   I just barely have 4,000 miles on it.

~~~Vibes for a Stress-Free Insurance Resolution for TCB!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »

Did you want me to mention your impending visit to BRAINEX when I see it tomorrow, MR BK?

I've mentioned it to the director - as a possibility.  It's going to have to be this coming weekend - looking forward to your report.  I think I'd fly directly to Indianapolis, since that's where the theater is, stay overnight, and then go visit the Pogue's for a couple of days.

BK, are you still planning on coming to the May 7th performance in Olympia and not April 30th?

George

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:37 PM »

And congrats to JRand on his successful Disco Dance Fundraiser!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2010, 09:12:03 PM »

Did you want me to mention your impending visit to BRAINEX when I see it tomorrow, MR BK?

I've mentioned it to the director - as a possibility.  It's going to have to be this coming weekend - looking forward to your report.  I think I'd fly directly to Indianapolis, since that's where the theater is, stay overnight, and then go visit the Pogue's for a couple of days.

BK, are you still planning on coming to the May 7th performance in Olympia and not April 30th?

Yes, looking like it will be May 7th - definitely not the 30th now.  I'll probably book the trip this week at some point. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2010, 09:12:47 PM »

I dropped over to muse Margaret's - had to deliver something - and got to have yummilicious homemade strawberry cream pie.  Most excellent.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »

Found a nice downtown hotel through Quikbook and since Pogue will have his car we can just drive to wherever the theater is.  Boy, hotel rates are sure cheaper when you're not in NY.  Shockingly cheap for a really nice room.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:11 PM »

The hotel gets really nice reviews, too, but happily with Quikbook, you don't pay up front and one can cancel up to forty-eight hours before arrival, so if something better comes along I can cancel and book elsewhere, although I think this sounds fine.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »

Well I had a most amazing evening at this month's Rave in the Nave.  We presented two groups of young performers, a troupe from Eugene and the acclaimed Dance West, a youth dance group from Beaverton's Arts Magnet Academy.  Now here's the cool part:  they danced to some tunes Mr. BK produced!  There was one that wasn't familiar, but it sure sounded like a BK production, and the lyric had something to do with Love is like sand.  Does that sound familiar, BK?  Almost, but not quite, sounded like Susan Egan.

Now here's the most amazing part.  They were doing this medley of Broadway stuff and broke into I Hope I Get It and their Director and Choreographer leaned over to me and said, "That's the original Michael Bennett choreography--I worked with Michael."  I asked her when, and I was amazed when she said, "Why, I'm a 'Turkey Lurkey' girl--I was the one in the middle!"  She replaced Donna on Broadway after Donna left to do 'Company.'  Her name is Julane Stites.  Isn't that cool?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:30 PM »

DR JMK - Very Cool!  -She was also in the original cast of The Happy Time.  -That's cool too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »

DR JMK - Very Cool!  -She was also in the original cast of The Happy Time.  -That's cool too.

I asked her about Baayork--they're still friends.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

Found a nice downtown hotel through Quikbook and since Pogue will have his car we can just drive to wherever the theater is.  Boy, hotel rates are sure cheaper when you're not in NY.  Shockingly cheap for a really nice room.

-Especially since there's no college basketball game in town to drive the rates up that weekend. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »

OY!

Since I actually fell asleep about about an hour ago and just woke up...

Goodnight.

*I was not sleep posting the above two posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

Yes, looking like it will be May 7th - definitely not the 30th now.  I'll probably book the trip this week at some point. 

Nice...I'll spread the word!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2010, 10:30:50 PM »

Well I had a most amazing evening at this month's Rave in the Nave.  We presented two groups of young performers, a troupe from Eugene and the acclaimed Dance West, a youth dance group from Beaverton's Arts Magnet Academy.  Now here's the cool part:  they danced to some tunes Mr. BK produced!  There was one that wasn't familiar, but it sure sounded like a BK production, and the lyric had something to do with Love is like sand.  Does that sound familiar, BK?  Almost, but not quite, sounded like Susan Egan.

Now here's the most amazing part.  They were doing this medley of Broadway stuff and broke into I Hope I Get It and their Director and Choreographer leaned over to me and said, "That's the original Michael Bennett choreography--I worked with Michael."  I asked her when, and I was amazed when she said, "Why, I'm a 'Turkey Lurkey' girl--I was the one in the middle!"  She replaced Donna on Broadway after Donna left to do 'Company.'  Her name is Julane Stites.  Isn't that cool?

Very cool.  Sand is from Sondheim At The Movies - indeed one of my productions - vocalist is Christiane Noll, orchestration is, of course, by elmore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Is Julane the one in the middle on the Ed Sullivan broadcast of the number?  Donna was long gone by that point.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »

Since it's past midnight here....HAPPY 83rd BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM.  I'm going up to see her tomorrow.  Better get some sleep

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »

Conspiring against the consumer, Chapter MMIV:

LA TIMES

Fox, Universal new releases delayed 28 days on Netflix
April 9, 2010

Netflix customers who want to see "Avatar" or "It's Complicated" on DVD will have to wait for more than just their mailman.

20th Century Fox and Universal Pictures have signed new distribution deals with the DVD-by-mail service that include a 28-day delay on new releases.

The agreements are similar to one signed by Warner Bros. in January.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

Happy birthday mom.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:20 PM »

I'm in the mood for a nice, hot shower.

George

« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »

Since it's past midnight here....HAPPY 83rd BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM.  I'm going up to see her tomorrow.  Better get some sleep

A Very Happy Birthday to your mom, Cilla!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:23 PM »

Well, it seems our area is competing for the Sleezeball Capital of the US Award:

WBOC

Court Records Detail Accusations Against Arrested School Coach

LEWES, Del. - The head football coach at Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes was arrested Thursday and charged with repeated sexual assault of a teenage girl.

Thomas A. Ott, 39, of Lewes, is charged with second-degree rape, fourth-degree rape, unlawful sexual contact, continuous abuse of a child and unlawful imprisonment, Delaware State Police said.

Police said they were called to a home on Savannah Road Thursday evening to investigate a possible sexual assault. Police described the victim as a 16-year-old girl.

{More lurid details are included with the article}

The High School is within walking distance of the pedophile pediatrician's office.

So much for the innocence of rural America.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:09:55 PM by DERBRUCER »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2010, 11:10:42 PM »

MR BK I sent you a link to a more convenient hotel.....let me know that it arrived.

I don't think you need to be downtown.....the airport is WEST of town....and the theatre is SOUTH EAST.....this hotel will be easier for Mr Pogue to get to....via the Interstate system.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2010, 11:18:35 PM »

I'm in the mood for a nice, hot shower.

So was Marion Crane - and look what happened to her.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2010, 11:25:02 PM »

I just booked the more convenient hotel and will cancel the downtown hotel in the morning.  I just saved seventy bucks and get free Internet, so that's great.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up