Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: SLEEP AND SHEEP  (Read 19376 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SLEEP AND SHEEP
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 06:40:34 AM »

Good morning, all! The neighbor was particularly noisy and the dog particularly frisky last night so I slept late this morning. It all began around 10 or so with the loud arrival of company (I think) that put the dog into hyperactivity, with much loud scolding, chatter, and a lot of thumping around the ceiling from the dog and company. Around 1:30 or 2, I woke up unable to breath from the gunk in my sinuses, so I had to get up to blow my nose, have some water, and I foolishly removed the ear plugs because I hate them. Shortly thereafter, the neighbor returned home (Noisily), clomped about the apartment in what I swear are cleats weighing a ton each. I want him dead.

I am off to do laundry. Later, lunch with my friend Daniel.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:27 AM »

Page 2! Cranberries. Post deleted . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 06:44:11 AM »

And I ordered THE BOOK!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 06:49:26 AM »

Signed copies available for preorder now at www.kritzerland.com

There's Mel, There's Woody, and There's You
My Life in the Slow Lane

Bruce Kimmel has managed to eke out a career in one form of show business or another for over forty years. A successful Grammy-nominated record producer, Kimmel began his show business journey as an actor, in a time when being a young up-and-coming thespian was fun, thrilling, and when anything seemed possible. It was a different world for a young actor in the 1970s, and Kimmel’s journey is paved with laughs, tears, success, and an amazing cast of players. At twenty-seven, he wrote, co-directed, and starred in a film that would become a major cult success, The First Nudie Musical. He did TV pilots, guest shots, series, plays. He met and worked with incredible people. It was the kind of time we will never see again.

And then things changed. The nature of the business changed. And the path to dealing with those changes—getting older, trying to survive in an ever increasingly negative and cutthroat world—becomes a story of reinvention and rebirth. Through it all, Kimmel tells his tale with wit, candor, affection, and self-effacing honesty.

Enjoy being the fly on the wall as Kimmel hangs out with Elsa Lanchester, Christopher Isherwood and Don Bachardy; goes to Groucho’s house and plays the piano for him; works with Shirley Jones, David Cassidy, Susan Dey on The Partridge Family. We observe his long friendship with Cindy Williams, watch as he works with screen legends Patricia Neal, Jean Simmons, Leslie Nielsen, Patrick Macnee, Bud Cort, and Geraldine Fitzgerald, and as he hangs out with Hugh Hefner at the Playboy mansion.

Bruce Kimmel’s showbiz tales are loaded with laughs, wide-eyed wonder, and heart.

Bruce Kimmel has written nine other books—his acclaimed Kritzer trilogy (Benjamin Kritzer, Kritzerland, and Kritzer Time), Writer’s Block, Rewind, How To Write A Dirty Book and Other Stories, and his popular Adriana Hofstetter mystery series, Murder At Hollywood High, Murder At The Grove, and Murder At The Hollywood Historical Society. He has done many other things, the majority of which you can read about in this book.

Ordered.
You can dream…or you can do.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »

Re: TOD.  First of all, any chili MUST NEVER HAVE BEANS!

I love my Cincinnati Chili. And I am very happy that I have a Gold Star close at hand near where I live.  I can also buy various varieties of Cincinnati chili in cans at the grocery.  What the unintiated really don't understand about Cincy chili is that it must sit atop something...a hot dog or spaghetti...and then must be topped with something...defintiely heaping mounds of shredded cheese...and, for me, onions.  If you eat Cincy chili undressed by itself in a bowl, you are likely to be disappointed, even though it will retain its excellent, unusual taste.  It is a Greek recipe.

I also like Texas chili, thick and meaty where the fork can stand up in the bowl.  There was a place in Dallas, Texas where I ate after a show once that had the best chili ever.  I do not remember its name and I suspect it no longer exist.

My wife actually makes an excellent turkey chili that requires Corona beer in it.  I love it when she makes a big pot of it along with corn bread and it lasts for days, so I can dole it out whenever I want.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »

BK,

Take this as a compliment:

Every time you fly, I LOL...particularly when you're sitting next to an annoying passenger.

You're like my former publicity client, comedian Jack Carter.

He was funniest when he was angry.

:D

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 06:56:50 AM »

TOD:

Would you believe that two dishes that I dislike are chili and barbecue?

And, I moved to Texas....

:-\

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »

TOD:

I've never been a fan of clili, but the chili described by DR Pogue above sounds like something I might be willing to try.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:18 AM »

No UPS deliveries thus far, so it looks like Peter Lorre and I have a rendezvous for later today. (Thankfully, I'm not a child so I have nothing to fear from him.)

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 06:58:57 AM »

Heading down now to take a hit, hot shower and hope for the best. (Getting in and out of the shower will be a chore, I suspect.)

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 07:00:16 AM »

It may be much warmer today.  And that's okay.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 07:05:42 AM »

TOD - I'm a Skyline 4-way bean (spaghetti, chili, beans, cheese) kind of gal, but really prefer my homemade chili.  It's very tomatoey and a double recipe is just right for the crockpot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:05 AM »

Now, I'm off to find brunch and to the library...bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

TOD - I'm a Skyline 4-way bean (spaghetti, chili, beans, cheese) kind of gal, but really prefer my homemade chili.  It's very tomatoey and a double recipe is just right for the crockpot.

And DR Ginny makes very good chili! So did my mother, when she was functioning.

I've been to pharmacy, laundromat, and now it's time to mop the floors. After that, OZ edits. My trip to the pharmacy was for paper towels. I got toothpaste, light bulbs, first aid supplies, vitamins and forgot the towels. Damn!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 07:16:39 AM »

Correct or not. I love kidney beans in chili and I love love love chili on hot dogs with chopped onion and grated cheddar.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 07:35:29 AM »

And of course the Mercury retrograde starts today, bringing slow downs and delays in all areas....particularly computers, electronics, and all communication.

Rest easy - it only lasts until May 11.

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 07:37:21 AM »

Well, i ordered the book last night.  i was hoping it would be here by now.  I checked this morning's packages, and no sign of it.

Seriously, i really can't wait to read this, bk!

:D LOL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 07:39:24 AM »

I like home made chili. I also make it with kidney beans and love it on hot dogs

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 07:41:17 AM »

Last night I discovered an alumni website from my college dorm. It was called Hashinger Center for the Creative Arts but known as Hashinger Hall or just Hash.  It was a crazy place to live.  I was up much later than I should have been reading posts and reminiscing.  Lots of people I knew were on the site and on the companion facebook page.  What fun!

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »

DR MattH, I know this may sound weird but have you tried walking with your sore back? Or does it make it worse?

For some reason my lower back always feels better when i walk or bike (yet hurts when i sit or lie down).  I have no idea if this is totally abnormal, cause i also thought i would not be able to exercise with a sore back. But i just tried it and it felt amazing.

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 07:56:24 AM »

I make chili and i also use red kidney beans.

I don't think i've ever had a chili dog. Not sure that they are very popular here.

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 07:57:37 AM »

DR Cillaliz, i was wondering since DWTS is on tonight, have you and your mom picked your favorites yet?

I'd say my first favorite is nicole and derek. And my second favorite is evan and anna. Even though i've never liked her she's growing on me and i find she works very well with him, so i'm liking them as a team even though i didn't think i would.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 08:00:05 AM »

Thanks for the tips re: sore backs.

DR Jeanne will the homeopathic arnica really help?  It's a recurring lower back thing. I have a health food store like 5 minutes away.

Also DR Jane, i do have a heating pad although not one you can soak with water. I wonder if i should use it more. I feel like there is a spot on my left lower back that is constantly inflammed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 08:17:33 AM »

My luncheon date has been canceled, although I wish I'd known an hour ago. We're on for tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 08:28:44 AM »

Last night I discovered an alumni website from my college dorm. It was called Hashinger Center for the Creative Arts but known as Hashinger Hall or just Hash.  It was a crazy place to live.  I was up much later than I should have been reading posts and reminiscing.  Lots of people I knew were on the site and on the companion facebook page.  What fun!

The real purpose of the inner web - no matter what Avenue Q says.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »

Not sure if this is password protected.....I submitted it to the INDY STAR this morning for publication.  Not optimistic, but the patented HHW vibes may help get it onto the page.

http://photos.indystar.com/photos/371914?template=default

Please let me know if the link brings up the photo for you.   ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 08:31:29 AM »

My luncheon date has been canceled, although I wish I'd known an hour ago. We're on for tomorrow.

Miss Otis Regrets.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 08:41:05 AM »

So sad to be all alone in the world.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:24 AM »

DR ELMORE - I have never received such booty in the mail....please thank Mr Hercules.  I shall now watch the DVD again, and hopefully he received some of the money I spent on it.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »

Hmmm...I wonder how many HHWers have ever seen this 1969 made in Florida version of THE WIZARD OF OZ.

The films producer/director claimed that he was negotiating with Judy Garland to do the n'arration. I wonder how many milliseconds it took her agent to say "No!" Hee, hee!

The actress playing Mombi seems to be channeling Dorothy Neumann as the witch in Roger Corman's The Undead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RxLBjf0t1k&feature=PlayList&p=5AA5E490583D5DA0&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=17
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:54:02 AM by MBarnum »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up