Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: LET'S GET METAPHYSICAL  (Read 14484 times)

Ginny

Re: LET'S GET METAPHYSICAL
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »

Wednesday afternoon greetings!  Today I went to Dayton's

Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Service

for April's meeting of volunteer administrators.  The blood bank treated us well - served pizza for lunch and gave us great tote bags and T-shirts and a behind the scenes tour of the facility.

It was nice to see my volunteer admin friends - hadn't been to a meeting since the December holiday luncheon.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to Keith, DH of DR Jane!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »

Well, if I'm found dead, check out the neighbor above me: I just filed a complaint with the landlord. I went back to my emails to the neighbor above me: on Feb 7, I wrote to him:  I do want to talk to you because I don't want any bad feelings between us.  He has never responded. I wrote to him on 3/01 about the falling ceiling in my bathroom; again, no response or apology, since it was his unreported loose, shaky toilet causing the problem and he was aware the toilet was unsteady. I want him dead now.

Maybe he'll just want to have sex with you.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2010, 12:25:11 PM »

Sorry, DR George, about your Tivo not getting LOST. I'm pretty sure I deleted it after I watched last night.

As for the GLEE cutoff, IDOL running over is just ridiculous since they had already slotted the show to run over and it ran over EVEN MORE. They've been on the air almost a decade now. Seems like they'd have this down to a science by now.

It bugged me too that they went over. But was IDOL scheduled to go over? On my guide it had it from 8-9pm.

I think they either purposely go over or else they just don't care. The judges seemed to be speeding up last night. But then ryan would blab to some of the contestants.

Jennifer

« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2010, 12:25:35 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY To DR Jane's DH Keith!

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:26 PM »

DR Elmore good luck with calling the landlord. Hopefully he will help.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »

Sorry about your DVR problems DR George!

Thanks, Jennifer.  It's VERY annoying. :P

Is there a way to check on your DVR if something is not going to record?

On my PVR you press "scheduled recordings" and it shows a list of what should record.  But it doesn't always happen (sometimes a network will change the time of one of their shows (example 8:59pm-10pm and if have it set at record only from 9-10pm) then it won't record.

But i can double check by going to a grid of the tv schedule and it will show up in red if it is going to tape.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »

I"m not sure if that made sense. But hopefully it did.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »

On my PVR you press "scheduled recordings" and it shows a list of what should record.  But it doesn't always happen (sometimes a network will change the time of one of their shows (example 8:59pm-10pm and if have it set at record only from 9-10pm) then it won't record.

But i can double check by going to a grid of the tv schedule and it will show up in red if it is going to tape.

Yes, I can and did on Monday.  I made sure that everything was set and scheduled, but it just didn't record...and because I wasn't there, I couldn't manually start the recording when it didn't automatically start. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »

I"m not sure if that made sense. But hopefully it did.

Yes, you made sense. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »

DR MATTH - there was only a threat of a sing-off in the parking lot - things were smoothed over in the next couple of sentences of dialog and it never took place.....last few minutes was more singing.

J. Groff looked a little uncomfortable in the big group number....it's amazing how everyone else fits right in as a group....which they should....he may have been "acting" his part as a newbie.

For obvious reason I will be skipping GLEE next week.

I went to fox.com this morning to watch the show to get to that last number. Fox very thoughtfully allows a viewer to place the pointer at the spot in the show where he wants to begin downloading, so I didn't have to watch the entire show to get to that last number.

I enjoyed it ("Like a Prayer") though why they felt the need to bring in that church choir at the end was just a bit of overkill. Yes, Groff was definitely not given any solo moments in that number (nice to hear Kurt's soprano get some attention) and seemed to be playing almost catch-up with the choreography. We'll see if being a part of New DIrections continues to seem awkward for him.

DR MattH - The addition of the choir at the end of "Like A Prayer" may have been overkill, but it was also a tribute to the original video and recording.

Thanks for the explanation; it makes much more sense now since the show was a total tribute to Madonna. And it was the finale number for the episode so I suppose a grandiose element wasn't inappropriate on second thought.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2010, 01:16:25 PM »

It's happened to me before as well. Sometimes these machines just reset themselves. You can do all the checking and doublechecking in the world and if they are feeling temperamental, they will just botch the job. Nothing is more infuriating when you're counting on something doing its job and it doesn't.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2010, 01:18:36 PM »

Before I started on lunch, I skimmed through last night's IDOL. Nothing bowled me over, but I did think Lee did the best job last night. Tim, Aaron, and Siobhan seem to be the most vulnerable to me as I thought their vocals were the shakiest. Casey may not get a lot of votes either though I thought his song was just fine even if it didn't quite capture the tone of the evening.

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »

While I ate lunch, I watched two more BONES episodes. Yes, DR Elmore, this year's Christmas episode was also a very memorable one and I also watched the next episode as well which dealt with going on the double date with Sweets and his older girl friend which was a fun segment at the ceramics class.

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »

Next I watched THE DESERT SONG in HD recorded the other night on TCM-HD. The color was very lush, but this is a slow-moving musical, and Gordon MacRae and Kathryn Grayson didn't have much chemistry at all.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2010, 01:22:20 PM »

Just ordered the new book, BK!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #136 on: April 21, 2010, 01:23:11 PM »

Zero chemistry.....but Gordon certainly looked like Clark Kent & Superman when he put on and took off his eyeglasses.

A little Dick Wesson goes a LONG way for me as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: April 21, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »

I had recorded the rebroadcast of THE BIG GAY SKETCH SHOW, but Logo tricked me and rebroadcast the season premiere in the later time slot instead of the second episode, so I deleted it and will record the new episode tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: April 21, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »

I am listening to some BLUE HAWAII outtakes from Mr Presley.....

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »

Zero chemistry.....but Gordon certainly looked like Clark Kent & Superman when he put on and took off his eyeglasses.

Dick Wesson always seems to have too many teeth for his mouth and is never as funny as he seems to think he is. I do like him in CALAMITY JANE but not so much here.

Laura

« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2010, 01:25:28 PM »

Happy Birthday, Keith!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS, but there was nothing of interest. Luke and Reid did turn up in the previews for tomorrow, so I'll look forward to seeing them then.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2010, 01:32:51 PM »

The real surprise for me in THE DESERT SONG was Allyn Ann McClerie's dancing.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: April 21, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

The real surprise for me in THE DESERT SONG was Allyn Ann McClerie's dancing.

All of her make-up and costumes really popped in HD. She was far more exotic and glamorous than Kathryn.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: April 21, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »

I really only knew from WHERE'S CHARLEY.

Matt H.

« Reply #145 on: April 21, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »

I see Fox is repeating this week's GLEE episode on Friday night. Good! I'll record it so I can see that last number on the big screen TV.

The ratings were again "gleeful" last night with 13 million viewers.

George

« Reply #146 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »

Dick Wesson always seems to have too many teeth for his mouth and is never as funny as he seems to think he is. I do like him in CALAMITY JANE but not so much here.

So many people on TV nowadays (to me) seem to have teeth that are too big for their mouths...or their upper teeth are much wider than their lower teeth.  It's all I see, when they're on TV.  It's just weird. :-\

George

« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2010, 01:37:45 PM »

I see Fox is repeating this week's GLEE episode on Friday night. Good! I'll record it so I can see that last number on the big screen TV.

The ratings were again "gleeful" last night with 13 million viewers.

Cool!  I can re-record it, too!  Thanks for the info!  Do you know what time?

Laura

« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: April 21, 2010, 01:44:10 PM »

Well, if I'm found dead, check out the neighbor above me: I just filed a complaint with the landlord. I went back to my emails to the neighbor above me: on Feb 7, I wrote to him:  I do want to talk to you because I don't want any bad feelings between us.  He has never responded. I wrote to him on 3/01 about the falling ceiling in my bathroom; again, no response or apology, since it was his unreported loose, shaky toilet causing the problem and he was aware the toilet was unsteady. I want him dead now.

Maybe he'll just want to have sex with you.   ;D

That may be your fantasy, and I'm flattered and uninterested, but it ain't his. :-*
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up