Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: IF I HAD A HAMMER  (Read 10994 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: IF I HAD A HAMMER
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »

Favorite songs: too many to name, but definitely "Brother Can You Spare a Dime", "Freight Train", "Puff", "Blowin' in the Wind"...

...oh, now I'm remembering---Arlo Guthrie, Steve Goodman...so many great ones.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2010, 02:25:06 PM »

And...page 4.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

DR Jennifer - Let's hope that DialIdol is correct.  Gawd knows that that contestant should have gone home last week. Or the week before. Or even the week before that.

I disagree.  I think that nicole is clearly the best. And i think that evan is quite good.  I do think that the judges overscored erin and chad. There is no way that they should have gotten 9s or 10s.  I think that erin is better than chad. Although i think chad is more popular than erin.  I am curious how popular nicole and evan are with fans.

Jennifer, are you sure that you and Jose aren't talking about two different things?  I got the impression that Jose was talking about Idol, but you are talking about  DWTS.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Here's Atlanta's answer to the Big Gay Ice Cream truck:

http://kingofpops.net/

Handcrafted popsicles, and you can follow him on twitter, etc. to see where he's at. I haven't had one yet but I hear they're delish!  Examples: White chocolate with raspberry top, Chocolate sea salt, lemon lavender, canteloupe basil, Strawberry Pineapple, endless variety!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »

Handcrafted popsicles, and you can follow him on twitter, etc. to see where he's at. I haven't had one yet but I hear they're delish!  Examples: White chocolate with raspberry top, Chocolate sea salt, lemon lavender, canteloupe basil, Strawberry Pineapple, endless variety!

I would much rather have ice cream (gay or straight) than a popsicle.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2010, 02:59:21 PM »

Killjoy!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

td

• td
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2010, 03:02:16 PM »

My review of BK's marvelous book is stuck somewhere in Amazon Hell.  However, that same review is posted at Barnes & Noble.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »

BK, I know this isn't Wednesday, but is this new project you are working on with David; is this a screenplay, a play, a musical, or none of the above?

Screenplay.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »

BK, I know this isn't Wednesday, but is this new project you are working on with David; is this a screenplay, a play, a musical, or none of the above?

Screenplay.

Cool!  How exciting.  Be sure to write in a role for me.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »

DR Jennifer - Let's hope that DialIdol is correct.  Gawd knows that that contestant should have gone home last week. Or the week before. Or even the week before that.

I disagree.  I think that nicole is clearly the best. And i think that evan is quite good.  I do think that the judges overscored erin and chad. There is no way that they should have gotten 9s or 10s.  I think that erin is better than chad. Although i think chad is more popular than erin.  I am curious how popular nicole and evan are with fans.

Jennifer, are you sure that you and Jose aren't talking about two different things?  I got the impression that Jose was talking about Idol, but you are talking about  DWTS.

I guess we'll have to ask DR Jose which show he is talking about.  I am definitely talking about DANCING WITH THE STARS. And i assumed that he was too, since dialidol only puts up their results after the show airs. And since IDOL is only on tonight. There are no results up now for IDOL.

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2010, 03:27:23 PM »

I need to read before tv begins tonight.  I have a book i need to give to my sister by friday. And another one that is due next wednesday. And i see the library has another book i requested. And there are quite a handful of other requests that come out in april and may which i should be getting soon.

Jennifer

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »

It is finally getting warmer out here. It had been so hot like a month ago. And then it got cool again. BUt this week it will be sunny and hot every day. Which is great for everything except using the oven. So it's BBQ!  Today i made grilled boneless chicken breasts,  which came out delicious.

And i cooked my sliced potatoes in the toaster oven!

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2010, 03:30:55 PM »

I"m not sure what to watch tonight: GLEE, LOST or THE GOOD WIFE. I really like them all. So it's a tough choice!

And oddly enough even though i prefer LOST to the CELEBRITY APPRENTICE I guess on sunday i'll have to decide which show to watch (since both finales will be on at the same time). And i'm assuming the end of LOST will be discussed a lot, as will the winner of CELEB APPRENTICE.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »

I"m not sure what to watch tonight: GLEE, LOST or THE GOOD WIFE. I really like them all. So it's a tough choice!

And oddly enough even though i prefer LOST to the CELEBRITY APPRENTICE I guess on sunday i'll have to decide which show to watch (since both finales will be on at the same time). And i'm assuming the end of LOST will be discussed a lot, as will the winner of CELEB APPRENTICE.

I don't watch either "The Good Wife" or "Celebrity Apprentice," but I'm recording both "Glee" and "Lost" tonight because I'm making one DVD of each for a co-worker and a friend.  I'll watch "Lost" "live" tonight and Sunday (and as I record it onto my DVD burner) and then watch "Glee" later tonight.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

td

• td
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »

On THE TONIGHT SHOW this evening, we have a rare television appearance from Joe Nichols.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »

I have been following the story of the little girl in Detroit that was shot by the police.  I just want to know where they dig up these attorneys that are always there to sue on behalf of the family?  I can't believe that this man ever passed the bar!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »

Oh, the medication is wearing off.  Time to go back to bed.
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2010, 04:32:33 PM »

If you wait a little bit, I'll come over and tuck you in.  ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »

I'm a big Woody Guthrie fan, and I love the recording of the cast of "Woody Guthrie's America." I even have it on my MP3 player, so I can listen to the likes of "Deportee" (very topical today), "Lonesome Valley," "Better World a Comin'," "End of My Line," "Hard Ain't It Hard" and, of course, "This Land Is Your Land."

I once visited a friend who was teaching in Cyprus and I tagged along when the faculty was invited to an upscale Cypriot home for a luncheon. The dishes, such as grilled haloumi cheese, were served and the family started singing their own folk songs, filling the air with some gorgeous and painful songs about the history of their then-torn island. They asked us for a song about America, and the only song that all of the professors knew was the first verse to "This Land Is Your Land." A few knew a couple of the others, and I ended up reciting a couple of the verses (few want to hear my singing) they either forgot or didn't know:

In the shadow of the steeple I saw my people,
By the relief office I seen my people;
As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking
Is this land made for you and me?

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway;
Nobody living can ever make me turn back
God blessed America for me.

I remember that afternoon as one of the most beautiful of my life.

Such a nice story, thank you.  One of the best concerts we have ever gone to was Arlo Guthrie, such a wonderful story teller.

Edisaurus

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2010, 04:38:08 PM »

I haven't had one of these popsicles yet but I intend to, probably when my partner comes in from NY to finish our baseball film. He's a foodie, and this is two blocks form where we're mixing, so...

And for TCB, we also have:

http://www.morellisicecream.com/

No relation to Ben's Anthony...

It's just a little walk up ice cream stand in a rough part of town but so yummy! Some flavors:

-Coconut Jalapeno
- Sweet Corn
- Death by Chocolate
- Red Bean
- Karachi Kulfi
and my favorite: Salted Caramel.

Sorbets:
- Tangerine
- Blackberry
- Mango-Coconut

And if you dance for them they take 20% off the price of the ice cream!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »

Had lunch, and finished our meeting.  I am going to see this staged reading this evening, and a package just arrived at the mail place so I'll go pick that up at some point before they close.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »

It's funny to think that Blythe Danner once starred in BLITHE SPIRIT and that Anne Shirley played Anne Shirley in ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.

Except Ann Shirley decided to take the name during the filming of Anne of Green Gables.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

Regarding LOST-lol DR Laura :)

Jane

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »

What medication-for your cold?

Jane

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

From Edi:
Today we saw a handsome dog at our local Starbucks. The owners said it was a Swiss Mountain Dog. He looked like Sherlock, except with short hair. Nice doggy! 

There are four breeds of Sennenhund-type dogs from the Swiss Alps.  They are all tri-colored & marked similar to Sherlock.  The Greater Swiss Mountain Dog was bred from the Bernese Mt. Dog for short hair.  The other two breeds, Appenzeller & Entlebuch, are medium sized dogs with short hair.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »

After 12 hours I have left work. And I get to come home and, you guessed it, work. Work is a four-letter word. Hope all of you are enjoying your evening.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »

I've finished all the work I need to accomplish today, and I can fall down and watch tv for a bit. I have to be up early for the McGlinnventory.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »

Keith will never do dual eye check-up with me.  He was done half an hour before I was.  I get motion sickness & eye strain from the exams and my eyes are still having trouble focusing.  I should really get off the computer, take my glasses off & read.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2010, 06:01:58 PM »

Must be on my way.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2010, 06:23:46 PM »

Staged reading.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up