Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HORSE BEFORE THE CART  (Read 18289 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE HORSE BEFORE THE CART
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »

Happy Birthday, DFR François!
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2010, 04:33:41 PM »

The DirecTV/Panasonic issue may have just been a faulty HDMI cable.  I had changed it once and it didn't make any difference, but I got a bunch of budget cables on Amazon.  I just tried one that I knew was working with a PS3 and I'm getting a signal.  Won't know for sure until we turn it off--in 2045. :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »

Burning some DVD copies of the film version of BLITHE SPIRIT in case someone in the cast hasn't seen it.

You let your cast see the film-version before they do the show?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Hello, all!

So little time, so much to say.

I'm logged on in the Occupational Therapy Room of Rehab.  5th Floor of the same megahospital.

Joe was discharged on Sunday, even though he had blood in his brain, fractured ribs and scapula.  And he is having a bit of a hard time at home, although the nice neighbors (not Lady Macbeth who divorceth the Thane--but that's another story) have been helping him out a bit.

I have freactured pelvis and one knee, and I will be in rehab for at least another week.  What happened is that Joe was driving to the doctor, skidded on an exit ramp on oil, and the car hit a tree on his side.  His MB SLK was, of course, totalled, as were my students' finals.  I am still working on assigning grades for the semester, but at least this happened a the end of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  And thanks for all the vibes.  ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        Youse guys is great         ~~~~~~~~~~~~
On my own computer I keep Character Map open on the task bar so I can copy in fancy shmansy  letters whenever I want.

More later.

Luvs ya.

Prayers and vibes to WFO and Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2010, 04:55:35 PM »

It turns out these ultra high-tech new DirecTV receivers do not always work with some Panasonic flatscreens.  Guess what brand was left in the house mounted to the fireplace?  It's a minor inconvenience, I guess--when the HDMI handshake doesn't take place, we have to press the reset button and wait for a few minutes.

Give them back the damn house and move out!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »

What is the code to do two dots over the u?

Never mind, thanks to JRand & http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/accents/codealt.html I found it. ü
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 05:08:15 PM by Jane »

JMK

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »

I have survived Celtic Thunder:  It's Entertainment, and lived to write about it.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2010, 05:26:52 PM »

I have survived Celtic Thunder:  It's Entertainment, and lived to write about it.

If I ever read your posts, I would ask how you liked it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

Six more episodes of HIGH SCHOOL STORIES are being shown Friday on MTV2.  My episode is not one of them.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »

Finished watching last night's Lost.  At least it did what one would want at this point, although I really don't see how they're going to pay off the "sideways" timeline without being very convoluted - but Sunday night will tell us.  But the episode was a good one, I thought.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »

I'm now on hold with my bank.  This morning I got an e-mail from someone asking why I hadn't sent a check at the end of January.  Yes, they were asking this question on May 19th.  Before responding to the e-mailer, I called the bank and found that the check that I had, in fact, sent at the end of January had not only been received, but cashed.  So I relayed that information.  Now this person has e-mailed back saying they had no memory of receiving and cashing the check and would I be so kind as to have the bank provide a photocopy of the front and back of the check.

Now, keep in mind that these people have been a royal pain in the ass many times.  Now, what they are basically saying to me is that they do not believe me when I tell them that the bank shows the check as cashed.  So, I am on hold and will ask for a photocopy of the front and back of the check.  Once I have that, I suppose I'll have to send it to these people.  And once they see the check I will, I'm sure, get some sort of weak apology, but unfortunately this, added with a few other things, will cause me to have to do something that will not please them - and do it I shall because I am over this sort of thing in a major way. 

Jane

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2010, 06:07:02 PM »

Does the bank charge to send a copy of the check?

Jane

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »

Oh, and it doesn't mean they don't believe you, it means someone didn't record the information & they have no way of knowing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »

Oh, I'm sure they do, and I'm sure I'll be passing that charge along and will not send the photocopy until I receive it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »

But I don't know that yet because I'm still on hold - fifteen minutes now.  And each minute makes me more annoyed.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

Good idea.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2010, 06:09:58 PM »

Can you turn your phone to speakerphone & do other things while you wait?  Obviously you are also on the computer while you wait ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »

Yes, just playing on the computer while I wake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2010, 06:11:04 PM »

I gotta tell you.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2010, 06:15:06 PM »

My phone has a headset.  It keeps my hands free & my neck from hurting.  That is normally, now I can't hold the phone for long at all.  Maybe by the time my two years, the surgeon said it would take, of healing are over with.

JMK

« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

Yes, just playing on the computer while I wake.

BK is sleep-typing.   ;D

Jane

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2010, 06:17:18 PM »

I noticed that. ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2010, 06:17:46 PM »

I'm now on hold with my bank.  This morning I got an e-mail from someone asking why I hadn't sent a check at the end of January.  Yes, they were asking this question on May 19th.  Before responding to the e-mailer, I called the bank and found that the check that I had, in fact, sent at the end of January had not only been received, but cashed.  So I relayed that information.  Now this person has e-mailed back saying they had no memory of receiving and cashing the check and would I be so kind as to have the bank provide a photocopy of the front and back of the check.

Now, keep in mind that these people have been a royal pain in the ass many times.  Now, what they are basically saying to me is that they do not believe me when I tell them that the bank shows the check as cashed.  So, I am on hold and will ask for a photocopy of the front and back of the check.  Once I have that, I suppose I'll have to send it to these people.  And once they see the check I will, I'm sure, get some sort of weak apology, but unfortunately this, added with a few other things, will cause me to have to do something that will not please them - and do it I shall because I am over this sort of thing in a major way. 

Can't you go online and print out the check yourself?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »

John Shepherd-Barron, the Scotsman credited with inventing the world's first automatic cash machine, has died after a short illness. He was 84.

He came up with the idea of the cash dispensers after being locked out of his bank. He also said that his invention was inspired by chocolate vending machines.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

Charlie Sheen is going to be paid two million dollars an episode!!!  That is ridiculous.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »

Can't you go online and print out the check yourself?

If not you could copy a snippet of the back of the check & print that, or email it.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »

Charlie Sheen is going to be paid two million dollars an episode!!!  That is ridiculous.

I think everyone should stop watching the show in protest.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

TCB did you read if there is a big penalty clause in the contract if he misses shoots due to drugs or spousal abuse?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: May 19, 2010, 06:34:23 PM »

Finally off hold, and I have ascertained that the endorsement on the back of the check is by the person to whom the check was sent -  I am getting a printout and will fax it to them as soon as I have it.  And that will be the end of that, and by end I mean not in a good way for the party involved.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up