Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HORSE BEFORE THE CART  (Read 18315 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE HORSE BEFORE THE CART
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2010, 06:35:01 PM »

My phone has a headset.  It keeps my hands free & my neck from hurting.  That is normally, now I can't hold the phone for long at all.  Maybe by the time my two years, the surgeon said it would take, of healing are over with.

Every once in a while, I'll get my bluetooth headset and use that if I think I need to be on my cell (and only) phone for a while.  What's really convenient is that if both of my batteries are very low, I can have my phone upstairs charging while using the bluetooth headset anywhere in my house...even two flights down.  It's pretty cool. 

Jane, do you have a cell phone?  Could that be an option for you...using a hands-free bluetooth earpiece?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2010, 06:35:16 PM »

I don't do the online banking thing.  I'll have it in a few days and am happy to pass on the three-dollar charge.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2010, 06:35:44 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »

My phone has a headset.  It keeps my hands free & my neck from hurting.  That is normally, now I can't hold the phone for long at all.  Maybe by the time my two years, the surgeon said it would take, of healing are over with.

Every once in a while, I'll get my bluetooth headset and use that if I think I need to be on my cell (and only) phone for a while.  What's really convenient is that if both of my batteries are very low, I can have my phone upstairs charging while using the bluetooth headset anywhere in my house...even two flights down.  It's pretty cool. 

Jane, do you have a cell phone?  Could that be an option for you...using a hands-free bluetooth earpiece?

ROTFLOL.  My cell rings in the house, however that doesn't mean I can carry on a conversation in my house.  Keith's cell works better at the house, mine works better on the hiking trails which I consider more important.

When I was researching new land line phones I found some that are blue tooth compatible & are used instead of your cell phone.  They look like a regular phone but work off the cell, without using cell minutes.  I don't remember the details how that can be.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2010, 06:43:32 PM »

Oh, and it doesn't mean they don't believe you, it means someone didn't record the information & they have no way of knowing.

I agree with DR Jane. While it is certainly possible that they are screwing with you, I think it's also possible that their bank did not send them back that cheque and therefore they really need the copy for their records.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2010, 06:44:01 PM »

Breaking news:

Dan (the cat) was the first to climb onto the Leopard-Spotted Fainting Couch.

That is all.

I don't know why - but for some reason this news made me feel very happy
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2010, 06:44:47 PM »

BK did you get my paypal thing for Bill?

I did and it shipped yesterday.

YAY!!!

thansk!

George

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2010, 06:46:04 PM »

ROTFLOL.  My cell rings in the house, however that doesn't mean I can carry on a conversation in my house.  Keith's cell works better at the house, mine works better on the hiking trails which I consider more important.

When I was researching new land line phones I found some that are blue tooth compatible & are used instead of your cell phone.  They look like a regular phone but work off the cell, without using cell minutes.  I don't remember the details how that can be.

Ahhh.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »

Oh, and it doesn't mean they don't believe you, it means someone didn't record the information & they have no way of knowing.

I agree with DR Jane. While it is certainly possible that they are screwing with you, I think it's also possible that their bank did not send them back that cheque and therefore they really need the copy for their records.

Jennifer, I'm glad you agree with me....however banks don't send back checks anymore, at least not in the States.  This check would have been returned to Bruce anyway.  This person obviously didn't write down paid in their records before cashing the check.

Jane

« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2010, 06:48:55 PM »

Breaking news:

Dan (the cat) was the first to climb onto the Leopard-Spotted Fainting Couch.

That is all.

I don't know why - but for some reason this news made me feel very happy

I know, it made me happy too.

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2010, 06:51:39 PM »

BK

Are any of the productions you did in LACC that you mentioned in your book available  for production?

I used to license Stages, but no, I've never tried to publish any of it through any of the licensing places.

Maybe it is something you should consider - or perhaps you might want to publish them yourself -

George

« Reply #161 on: May 19, 2010, 06:52:14 PM »

Well, I must be going.  I'm going to see a local production of Annie and the woman who's playing Grace is the same woman who played Grace when I did the show...in the mid-1990s!  However, she still looks quite young and is a wonderful performer and a very nice person! 

And she actually went to high school and was friends with Kevin Spacey and Mare Winningham!

Just had to share. :)

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: May 19, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

I think every musical should be reprocessed and given surprising new twists to make them Happening and Now and Modern and Different.  Many of them were just popular by accident and not because they were any good to begin with.

I would like to see FOLLIES updated and take place in the now-closed CBGB's and be about a reunion of 80's pop acts.

;D ;D ;D ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:03 PM »

Jennifer, I'm glad you agree with me....however banks don't send back checks anymore, at least not in the States.  This check would have been returned to Bruce anyway.  This person obviously didn't write down paid in their records before cashing the check.

Correct.  Which is not MY problem, but theirs.  It's the attitude really - stuff happens, but the attitude sucks, especially after I told them it had been deposited and cashed.  I don't know what else they really need, and the fact is I gave them the date of deposit and all that, and they could just look it up on THEIR bank statement.

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

I think every musical should be reprocessed and given surprising new twists to make them Happening and Now and Modern and Different.  Many of them were just popular by accident and not because they were any good to begin with.

I would like to see FOLLIES updated and take place in the now-closed CBGB's and be about a reunion of 80's pop acts.

Yes, and for heaven's sake drop that schmaltzy score!  We need DISCO!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »

RAPID RECOVERY VIBES FOR WFO & JOE

Jane

« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »

Correct.  Which is not MY problem, but theirs.  It's the attitude really - stuff happens, but the attitude sucks, especially after I told them it had been deposited and cashed.  I don't know what else they really need, and the fact is I gave them the date of deposit and all that, and they could just look it up on THEIR bank statement.

Stuff does happen.  It isn't the mistake but how one corrects it that makes a difference.  Unless the deposit was for a single check & not multiple checks they wouldn't find it in their bank statement.

vixmom

« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »

I spoke with WFO tonight - he is sounding stronger but he ii is still going to be a long road..there is a computer in the occupational therapy room and he was able to sign on during his break between therapy sessions

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »

Checks - check.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

td

• td
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »

~~~~~VIBES FOR ALL IN NEED~~~~~
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

DR TCB - just for reference.....if they haven't seen it, watching the movie version may save me hours of explanation about this or that.....don't watch it to COPY anything.......just watch it......two people took the DVD's which is fine.....hopefully they will enjoy the film.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:22 PM »

I am verifying another DVD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »

And soon I shall go to bed.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:42 PM »

We have company coming next month that have multiple food restrictions.  I want to make a dessert but every time I think of one it has too much sugar in it.

Does anyone have a recipe they like that doesn't have much sugar, and is still tasty?

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »

fresh fruit? Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries - angel food cake?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:19 PM »

A dessert I like that has no sugar is a cheeseburger.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Finished with my viewing for the evening.

Laura

« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »

How about some yummy oatmeal?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2010, 08:42:26 PM »

Happy Birthday, Francois. (Hey, George, how did you get the cedilla under the c?)

I always copy & paste to get it.  If there is an easier way I would like to know.

DR Jane - If you're on a Mac: "Alt/Option" + "c" = ç or Ç

On a PC/Windows: "Alt" + 0199 = ç - "Alt" + 0231 = Ç  -At least those should still be the codes.  Does Windows still have "Character Map"?

Thanks, only it didn't work.  I'll have to ask Keith why.  I'm sure the response will be that I'm an idiot ;)  We don't have a Mac and I'm not sure about Windows.  I haven't a clue where the character map is.  I think it is easier to copy & paste ;)

Oh...I (and Jose) forgot to mention that the numbers MUST be typed on the 10-key pad on the right side of your keyboard.  You can't use the numbers above the letters.  AND you have to hold down the Alt key while you're typing all four numbers.  Try that.
Place a foot in a bucket andhave the other wrapped in a mustard wrap. Facce east and then recite the pledge of allegiance before trying?

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »

I'm listening to some Herbie Hancock CD of Fat Albert.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up