Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED, MYSTERIES WILL BE SOLVED  (Read 18029 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED, MYSTERIES WILL BE SOLVED
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 05:38:18 AM »

TOD:

The Mary Tyler Moore Show......

All In the Family - which lead to Archie's Place...which I didn't like much

"All That Glitters" - the final Superman episode in which Jimmy & Lois got super powers and got to fly!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:03 AM »

DR Druxy - You may want to put a SPOILER warning before your "Lost" questions.

Sorry about that, but I figured that, since it was over, all secrets had been revealed.

The secrets may have been revealed, but that doesn't mean that ALL DRs have watched the Finale yet.  I believe DR Michael Shayne would appreciate a SPOILER warning.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 05:39:42 AM »

Not from that episode.

Page Two Superman, Lois, and Jimmy Dance

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 05:40:02 AM »

Sorry about that, but I figured that, since it was over, all secrets had been revealed.

Oh, and I watched the Finale last night. So there was no need to apologize to me. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »

Off to check out the table & chair selection at Goodwill....we shall see what we shall see.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 05:42:02 AM »

And...

Congratulations to Christopher Fitzgerald for his Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical!  -That musical being DR elmore's beloved Finian's Rainbow!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 05:46:14 AM »

And as for other people's - both DRs and non-DRs - musings concerning the whole "Lost Phenomenon", well... We all invest our time - and emotions(?) - in different things.  For some people it's a TV show. For others it's a book.  A favorite movie or series of movies.  Doesn't really make one form better than the other. Just different.

And here's my 2 cents: for a novel, a film, a play to work for me, whether it's a fantasy or a kitchen sink drama or something in between, there's a logic and sense, perhaps, that everything's heading to its logical conclusion that, if not inevitable, at least is satisfying. I don't always think the continual red herring approach to your story necessarily leads to anything beyond a lot of sloppiness - David Lynch's work is is an example, especially in the ridiculously overrated TWIN PEAKS (I am abig fan of BLUE VELVET and ERASERHEAD) - and in the case of LOST, when you throw into the mix a tv series that can be canceled on the whim of its network, a writers' strike, a change in producer, network executive requests, or a bored cast member wanting out, a lot of good intentions get brushed aside to create a number of episodes to fill a season.  Then, along, comes the finale, and someone has to reconcile this stew. Good luck covering all of the territory, the red herrings, the moments of "symbolism" or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 05:50:45 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 05:46:27 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEANNE!!!!! Here's to a year of good health and great teeth!!!
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 05:46:35 AM »

DR Druxy - And to answer your questions....

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

Eye relut rayece ilov uso moheha. Tis otav bisode nic iporasa! Nife tebiv ha relaf lasoka mifiri nanidat. Ice ha rar eva tos; te saho lawise hodat. Ro ge yin mal idey otoloh befomi upititi anewi. De biy pasoti guteyi. Pepi ra ced no oti terep fir cicasor ferasic hacecat. Pa eregero neven. Bev cerises linieri: Ce rihuna car iyolu tatosan ra pite emecerur ehin. Losesu sit ni
1-Yes. And No. 2-Yes. Or No. 3-No. And Yes. relut rayece ilov uso moheha. Tis otav bisode nic iporasa! Nife tebiv ha relaf lasoka mifiri nanidat. Ice ha rar eva tos; te saho lawise hodat. Ro ge yin mal idey otoloh befomi upititi anewi. De biy pasoti guteyi. Pepi ra ced no oti terep fir cicasor ferasic hacecat. Pa eregero neven. Bev cerises linieri: Ce rihuna car iyolu tatosan ra pite emecerur ehin. Losesu sit ni

END OF POSSIBLE SPOILER

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 05:47:21 AM »

Oh, you do want to get DR Michael Shayne's panties in a bunch, don't you?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 05:48:02 AM »

And the word of the moment is: MODIFY

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 05:48:17 AM »

The secrets may have been revealed, but that doesn't mean that ALL DRs have watched the Finale yet.  I believe DR Michael Shayne would appreciate a SPOILER warning.

But he wants it for the next six months!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »

And now to begin the rest of my very long Monday.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 05:50:54 AM »

Doesn't anything spoil in six months?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 05:51:35 AM »

Doesn't anything spoil in six months?

Guests.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 05:51:42 AM »

They still have not found the lone thief who stole the five paintings from the Paris Museum of Modern Art....and the paintings may NOT have been insured.....

I suspect le travail intérieur.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2010/05/perpetrator-behind-french-art-theft-hardly-sophisticated.html

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 05:52:16 AM »

And...

Congratulations to Christopher Fitzgerald for his Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actor in a Musical!  -That musical being DR elmore's beloved Finian's Rainbow!

And his calves!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 05:52:26 AM »

Off to the Goodwill to check out the chairs.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 05:54:46 AM »

We've not been a LOST household, but DS Rob went to Cincinnati last night for a Last Episode Luau with his friends.  I'll be interested to hear his reactions.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 05:55:01 AM »

And the word of the day is: PHLEGMATIC!

I always hated the daily dull drudgery of phlegging, but now it's quick, simple and fun--thanks to my new Phlegmatic™!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 05:58:52 AM »

! ! ! ! !  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JEANNE  ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 06:09:08 AM »

Otherwise...

I liked the Finale of "Lost".

However, bk, I do know some "Lost-ies" who were not at all happy with the way the series ended.

And as for other people's - both DRs and non-DRs - musings concerning the whole "Lost Phenomenon", well... We all invest our time - and emotions(?) - in different things.  For some people it's a TV show. For others it's a book.  A favorite movie or series of movies.  Doesn't really make one form better than the other. Just different.

As for myself, I did watch the entire series over the past six years.  However, it was not my life for the past six years.  And I don't think it was anyone else's LIFE for the past six years.  For an hour, sometimes two hours each week - it was something to watch, to enjoy and to puzzle over for a couple of weeks at a time.  -Just like any other TV show.  It's been fun reading some of the "naysayer" posts on Facebook and Twitter from people who had never watched an episode of "Lost".  To me, it makes me think that they think that we spent every minute of every day of the past six years watching, living and breathing "Lost".  Basically, the people who hadn't watched "Lost" were getting caught up in all of the hype too.

You either watched it, or you didn't.  -Just like "Seinfeld". Just like "M*A*S*H*". Just like "Newhart", "Will and Grace", "Friends", "Doctor Who", etc., etc., etc.

Just my $.02.

Here, here, DR Jose!  Well said!

I enjoyed the LOST finale very much.  I was a bit hesitant to completely embrace everything that happened, but it was such an emotional rollercoaster for me otherwise--I think I started bawling out loud three or four times.

-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 06:10:30 AM »

They still have not found the lone thief who stole the five paintings from the Paris Museum of Modern Art....and the paintings may NOT have been insured.....

I suspect le travail intérieur.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2010/05/perpetrator-behind-french-art-theft-hardly-sophisticated.html

I've heard that the French police are on the lookout for Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2010, 06:32:32 AM »

TOD:

The Mary Tyler Moore Show......

All In the Family - which lead to Archie's Place...which I didn't like much

"All That Glitters" - the final Superman episode in which Jimmy & Lois got super powers and got to fly!

ALL IN THE FAMILY's "finale" was so emotionally downbeat and completely unexpected for a network TV show.  That final image of Archie and Edith just sitting in their separate chairs and experiencing their sadness over Mike and Gloria's departure and not consoling each other--it was stunning.  They would never do anything like that on TV today...
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2010, 06:36:11 AM »

And...

I hope this is the first of a lot of Finian awards in the next few months. I am very happy for Chris; he is one of the best.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2010, 06:37:58 AM »

And greetings from Toyland! The cleaning man has been here and now I cannot find the carton of scores for THE ROSE OF ALGERIA. He is a constant annoyance.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »

Congratulations to Christopher Fitzgerald, whom I enjoy on the Finian's Rainbow CD.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »

Add my congrats for Christopher Fitzgerald - I will listen to the CD today in his honor!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »

Greetings from NYC!  I arrived yesterday, met my friend from Florida and went immediately to Brooklyn. He's working on a project where he takes photos of locations where certain movies were filmed.

Afterwards I went to see A Little Night Music--it was very enjoyable.  Angela Lansbury is one of a kind. The entire cast was great, though I'm not sure Catherine Zeta-Jones deserved the ovation she got for Send in the Clowns (all I could compare her to was Barbra).

I also saw our own Kevin Spirtas in a show called Mother Tongue.  I said hello after the show,but he apologized for not being able to chat since he was on his way to the Drama Desk Awards. I just found out (here) that Christopher Fitzgerald won one-that's great-he's so deserving.

Today my friend and I have to pick up our tickets for tomorrow's Book Expo--the main attraction is Ms. Streisand herself,promoting her book called "My Passion for Design," which comes out in the fall.

Hope to see DR elmore if possible.

That's it from 8th Avenue!

Kevin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2010, 07:21:43 AM »

Greetings from NYC!  I arrived yesterday, met my friend from Florida and went immediately to Brooklyn. He's working on a project where he takes photos of locations where certain movies were filmed.

Afterwards I went to see A Little Night Music--it was very enjoyable.  Angela Lansbury is one of a kind. The entire cast was great, though I'm not sure Catherine Zeta-Jones deserved the ovation she got for Send in the Clowns (all I could compare her to was Barbra).

DR KevinH, if all you've heard of "Send in the Clows" is this production's and Streisand's, get your butt to a CD location and lay hands on the original Broadway cast recording. Glynis Johns is, for me, the best Desiree Armfeldt ever, and the original production was one of the most gloriousthings I've ever seen on a stage. My second best version of "Send In The Clowns"? Cleo Laine on her Carnegie Hall album, which seems to be sadly out of print. She was one of the most amazing performers I ever saw live.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up