Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LIPOSUCTION  (Read 26695 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: LIPOSUCTION
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 08:06:49 AM »

TOD:

Another much-loved favorite is Fred Astaire's Bojangles of Harlem number from "Swing Time".
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »

I've also been catching previews for the new MARMADUKE film and wondering, who else besides Michael Barnum is going to this?

A film of MARMADUKE is a baffling curiosity that must be filed under WHO EVER THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA.  It has to be one of the most pointless comic strips ever.  It's one punchline usually consists of some variation of "Oh, that Marmaduke!"  It's right up there with HENRY, THE LITTLE KING, and NANCY as one of the all-time worst comic strips ever.  I guess we can look forward to cinematic adaptations of these next.  Doesn't anyone remember the film of DONDI?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 08:45:58 AM »

Rue McClanahan has died of a massive stroke.  Our only surviving "Golden Girl" is Betty White!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 08:47:32 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:02 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I've been to have my hair cut and to pick up our dry cleaning.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:03 AM »

DR Jane for some reason i only moved up one place for GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST. Not sure why. Those 2 original people still did not pick up their copies. Hopefully they will skip them and move to the next people (they should have done this already).

I have at least 11 days to pick up a "held" book.  As of yesterday my library still hadn't received any copies.  I noticed the number of people with hold has gone up drastically since the book was released.

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

Nice article about Roberta Shore.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700035664/Shore-gave-up-fame-for-family.html

I adore Roberta Shore even more after having met her last time I was in Los Angeles. She is so sweet and nice. I was honored to have her ask me to fetch her a diet soda!

Jane

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:02 AM »

Congratulations DR JMK!!

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:09 AM »

Oh wow, how sad about Rue!

Jane

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 08:55:08 AM »

After we got our first big dog (really a medium sized dog compared to Sherlock) we would cut out the Marmaduke cartoons & put them on our frig.  Eventually they just seemed to duplicate themselves.  I cannot image an entire movie based on the snippets.

Jane

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 08:57:13 AM »

We have company arriving on Tuesday & I have a busy schedule before they arrive so I must get organized now.  Once I start playing at the computer I have trouble getting off, so I may lurk but I won't be saying much.

Laura

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 09:01:25 AM »

Once I start playing at the computer I have trouble getting off, ...

I so understand this.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »

Sad about Rue.....

DR MBARNUM - she couldn't have asked a nicer person....but as an LDS, she should not be drinking caffeine!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 09:11:34 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I am having a bit of lunch and checking my email before I jump back into the fray. DR JohnG, I meant to mention earlier that the "Dancing in the Dark" sequence from THE BANDWAGON is one of my favorite movie sequences.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 09:13:47 AM »

Finished one of the paintings for the BLITHE SPIRIT set.....Boy With Black Gloves after Chris Gollon's Girl With Black Gloves.

Acrylic on foamboard.  ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2010, 09:23:16 AM »

DR Jane for some reason i only moved up one place for GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST. Not sure why. Those 2 original people still did not pick up their copies. Hopefully they will skip them and move to the next people (they should have done this already).

I have at least 11 days to pick up a "held" book.  As of yesterday my library still hadn't received any copies.  I noticed the number of people with hold has gone up drastically since the book was released.

Do you have 11 days if the book is heavily reserved?  Here we have 2 days, which i think is fair. That is why i can't understand why those people were not removed from the list.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 09:39:42 AM »

Yes, sad about Rue McClanahan, too.  If it weren't for her illnesses during the past few years, I'm sure she would have been out there working.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »

I've finally won something on Twitter!  From @TheWing (the American Theatre Wing), I've won the Dictionary of Musical Theatre!

I wonder if there are any dirty words in it...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »

Finished one of the paintings for the BLITHE SPIRIT set.....Boy With Black Gloves after Chris Gollon's Girl With Black Gloves.

I like it.  You can see that the artist really painted something here...
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and must get ready for helper who will be here in sixteen minutes.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »

Congratulations, DR Dan(the Man) on your Twitter win!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »

Dictionary of Musical Theatre....

I bet Tyce D'Orio has a whole page entry!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:11 AM »

I like it.  You can see that the artist really painted something here...

Yes, mostly his fingers - but it washed off.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

This is the original painting by Chris Gollons

Jane

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 10:14:01 AM »

Do you have 11 days if the book is heavily reserved?  Here we have 2 days, which i think is fair. That is why i can't understand why those people were not removed from the list.

I don't know.  I'm tempted to find out now, only it wouldn't be right.  I'll remove myself from the list once the books come in.

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 10:30:32 AM »

I think the first Millenium movie is now out in the US, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. I can't remember if i mentioned this but the 3rd movie is now playing here in French. I'll see it on dvd but after i've read the 3rd book.

Interestingly, yesterday i think i heard Regis talking about seeing the first movie. I think he liked it. But there were 2 interesting points he made.

1. he liked the actors because he thought they looked like real people as opposed to most actors in US movies.

I totally get what he's saying. Because most of the actors we see are stunningly beautiful people. And in the Millenium movies they have pock marks on their skin and look worse that most people!

2. he remarked about the violence.

I mentioned this when i originally saw the first movie in french a few months ago. It's weird because there is violence in the books. but it is just not the same as when you see it on film. I also found the first movie extremely violent and that was my biggest complaint. It was such a good movie. But there was so much very graphic scenes. And watching people get raped or attacked is very hard for me to watch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:10 AM »

Well, I sure shut this joint down! Was it something I said?

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm still stunned by your comment about Kelly Rippa being the voice of reason.

That should give you a hint on how repellent Mr Philbin is!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »

Sad about Rue.....

....but as an LDS, she should not be drinking caffeine!

Well, as they say...what happens in Burbank, stays in Burbank!

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »

I have n't watched Regis Philbin since Kathy Lee left.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 11:05:29 AM »

And speaking of commercials in New York, have any of you NY'ers caught the new New York Lottery Ad? It is rather shocking, but funny. And to top it off the ad features two Bollywoood stars, the beautiful Bipasha Basu (John Abraham's long time girlfriend) and semi-has been actor Vivek Oberoi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s92CGESqtGk

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »

Wow DR MBARNUM they spent a lot of lottery money on that commercial!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up