Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: IRVING BERLIN GERMANY  (Read 19187 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: IRVING BERLIN GERMANY
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »

PAGE FOUR!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:23:33 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »

Well, stunt casting has happened for Night Music

Peters and Stritch

The first thought that went through my head was "Bernadette Peters and Billy Stritch?"
I thought Catherine Zeta-Jones was stunt casting, too.

Actually, I have heard that she is very good in the part.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 04:23:09 PM »

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow. That is all.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »

Congratulations to JMK on his two nominations!
“One thing’s universal,

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2010, 04:42:48 PM »

And the word of the day is: BALLETOMANE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  AT THE BALLET

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:27 PM »

It is probably because he is a lesbian.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:35 PM »

I gotta tell you.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »

Peters and Stritch

It's a lot less Stockholm and a little more Hoboken in concept now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

Peters and Stritch

It's a lot less Stockholm and a little more Hoboken in concept now.

I am sure that you have your first night ticket.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »

Peters and Stritch

The first thought that went through my head was "Bernadette Peters and Billy Stritch?"
I thought Catherine Zeta-Jones was stunt casting, too.

She probably was, but she is British, and at least got to work with the original misguided director. Stritch and Peters may be rehearsing with the stage manager and that may not be too good: one of the reasons Peters sucked as Annie Oakley was because she needed a strong director and she was completely lost. Her performance, to be charitable, was pathetic and inept. Her strongest asset, her singing, was pretty much absent as well. She will probably be the first to approach the role of Desiree as a kewpie doll.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2010, 04:49:41 PM »

Where is Fred when you need him?  Perhaps: "Here's to the Liaisons Who Lunch"
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »

The article says that Trevor Nunn will return to New York to work with the actresses.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2010, 04:57:39 PM »

When they announced earlier that a "Woman of the Year" actress was going to play Mme. Armfeld, I thought it was going to be Lauren Bacall, not Debbie. Lauren would have been an interesting choice, and I would have liked to see her.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »

The article says that Trevor Nunn will return to New York to work with the actresses.

I didn't read the article since there's been too much on the Stritch-Peters rumor for a week and i'm sick of it. Well, at least he can help them fit into his misconception.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »

Finished with all my stuff and there was a lot of stuff.  We got everything addressed and stamped, shipped a few packages, ate some lunch, did stuff on the computer, and then got the news we already knew was coming - the new iPhone 4G announcement.  I immediately called both the Apple Store and ATT - and as long as I return my new phone within the thirty days, then I can get the 4G instead, which is exactly what I'm going to do.  They start taking reservations next week and I'll make mine.  If it looks like I'll get mine before the thirty days, I'll return the old one and get the new one at the same time.  If there's ANY doubt, then I'll return the new phone, get my dough back, and then purchase the new one when it comes in.  Luckily, if I have to do the latter, I still have my old iPhone and can activate that until I get the new one. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »

I then picked up several boxes o' books (my reorder - was totally out of the Kritzer books and Murder at Hollywood High, and very low on the new one).  Then I had to do stuff for book promotion and now I think I'm done for the day.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »

Peters and Stritch

I don't consider it stunt casting when you have a broadway legend like Bernadette Peters.

KevinH

« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:35 PM »

TOD--it never occurred to me to buy a cast album in a different language-I'll have to do so!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »

There were some wonderful moments at this afternoon's memorial service: Rebecca Luker sang a glorious "How Could I Ever Know" from THE SECRET GARDEN, and she and George Dvorsky closed the service with the moving duet from BRIGADOON, "From This day On." My friend Jeanne looked wonderful and the church was packed with people. There were tons of friends at the reception after, and it was great to see so many people I like and care about. I hadn't seen the wonderful conductor Jack Lee in several years and we're going to meet soon for a snack and gossip. I was really happy to see a friend from my dinner theatre actor days, Michael Hayward Jones, with whom I last worked at Goodspeed in 1998. Michael had been in A TALE OF TWO CITIES, which I saw, but we hadn't visited in 12 years. I also saw friends from the NYC Gay Community Marching Band and the Men's Chorus, Donna Lynne Champlin and her new husband, Danny Burstein, who is so wonderful as Luther Billis that I am ecstatic his performance will be committed to video, Mrs Ron Raines aka Dona D Vaughn, mother of my beloved goddaughter, and a lot of others.

I just had a half of a sub and potato salad for dinner, and I will now open today's mail and chill out.

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for sharing about the memorial service.  Those events are so important to the surviving family and friends and it sounds like this one was truly a celebration for Mr. French.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2010, 05:44:02 PM »

I have nothing to say today, except that Mother Jeanne LOVES to be brushed.

I'm glad she doesn't purr so I'm not tempted, aside from that she seems almost perfect. :)

Jane

« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2010, 05:45:27 PM »

For anyone other than vixmom who may have gotten a Facebook message from me saying I am sad....I am not sad.

There are "issues" at FB...hacking or whatever...with things being sent out purporting to being from your friends.

Again...I'm not sad.  I'm tired.

I'm ready to go home.

But not sad.

I'm glad you aren't sad, and will know better if I receive such a message from "you".

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »

I am watching Elaine Paige on PBS.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »

Speaking of my beloved goddaughter, she just got a full summer scholarship to Shakespeare and Company. I am thrilled for her.

John G.

« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2010, 05:46:40 PM »

There were some wonderful moments at this afternoon's memorial service: Rebecca Luker sang a glorious "How Could I Ever Know" from THE SECRET GARDEN, and she and George Dvorsky closed the service with the moving duet from BRIGADOON, "From This day On." My friend Jeanne looked wonderful and the church was packed with people. There were tons of friends at the reception after, and it was great to see so many people I like and care about. I hadn't seen the wonderful conductor Jack Lee in several years and we're going to meet soon for a snack and gossip. I was really happy to see a friend from my dinner theatre actor days, Michael Hayward Jones, with whom I last worked at Goodspeed in 1998. Michael had been in A TALE OF TWO CITIES, which I saw, but we hadn't visited in 12 years. I also saw friends from the NYC Gay Community Marching Band and the Men's Chorus, Donna Lynne Champlin and her new husband, Danny Burstein, who is so wonderful as Luther Billis that I am ecstatic his performance will be committed to video, Mrs Ron Raines aka Dona D Vaughn, mother of my beloved goddaughter, and a lot of others.

I just had a half of a sub and potato salad for dinner, and I will now open today's mail and chill out.
Thanks for the update. But I thought Danny Burstein was married to Rebecca Luther. Am I wrong? Is that over?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:09 PM »

DR Elmore - thanks for sharing about the memorial service.  Those events are so important to the surviving family and friends and it sounds like this one was truly a celebration for Mr. French.

DITTO!

John G.

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »

Speaking of my beloved goddaughter, she just got a full summer scholarship to Shakespeare and Company. I am thrilled for her.
Congrats to her.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2010, 05:48:01 PM »

DR elmore, congratulations to your beautiful goddaughter!

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2010, 05:52:33 PM »

Congrats to Charlotte - tell her I said Go Blue!

Laura

« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »

Congrats to Charlotte!
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up