Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: I PULLED SOMETHING  (Read 9715 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I PULLED SOMETHING
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes pulled something and we're not sure what, and now it is time for you to post until the pulled cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: I PULLED SOMETHING
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 12:19:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASPERITY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 12:20:01 AM »

Kiss my ASPERITY!

Ben

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:01:57 AM »

Morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:02:32 AM »

Sorry to hear about your pulled whatever, BK. Hope it heals quickly.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 03:07:08 AM »

I have no memory this morning for the TOD. The only person I can think of is Jennifer Warren, who was always a welcome presence, warm and relaxed, even if her acting wasn't of the broadest range. I saw "Night Moves" again recently and enjoyed seeing her again.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:07:22 AM »

TOD

It's a little difficult since I don't know their names, but a good deal of them showed up on Barney Miller
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:28 AM »

Bruce -- good luck with the back and the "helper."

"I Pulled Something"-- would make a great song title.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:54:50 AM »

Act Three went well last night....and so tonight is our first run thru of the whole show.....we shall see.

I am re-doing the Sound Cue cd's.....and then we shall see what happens.

TOD:

Rad Fulton
Andrew Prine

Louise Latham
Randy Boone

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:11:05 AM »

There is a whole lot of running and pouncing going on in this room.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 06:12:55 AM »

TOD:

Some of my very early publicity clients fit into that "unknown, stalwart" actor category.  Among them:

Charles Waggenhiem, who did 100s of small roles, but might best be remembered as the assassin in Hitchcock's FOREIGN CORRESPONDENT.

James Griffth, who (among his 100s of parts) played the deputy on the old John Bromfield series, SHERIFF OF COCHISE.

Reed Hadley, "Captain Braddock" or RACKET SQUAD and possessor of one of the best known voices in movies.

You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 06:15:41 AM »

Act Three went well last night....and so tonight is our first run thru of the whole show.....we shall see.

TOD:

Andrew Prine

He had a great career going for him, but then his name was (innocently) tied to the Karen Kupsenut murder...and that was it.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »

And the word of the day is: ASPERITY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  TREAT ME ROUGH

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 06:51:37 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I really screwed up and for some reason thought I had the day off. I called my brother Randy for his birthday around 8:45 and told hm that I had slept in and had to be up tomorrow at 6:30. At 9:15 Zak Stains called to ask me where I was; I totally missed the McGlinnventory today. Oy!

So, I do have LADY OF THE SLIPPER things to work on, as well as WIZARD OF OZ, and that's what I'm doing. I also got a phone call from the shippers about resending the Fed Ex delivery that was all screwed up, and I learned we never received a delivery notification because the cartons had been sent to the address of our office 10 years ago. That's all corrected now.

Andrew Prine married the Oxford OH townie Heather Something who played Kim MacAfee in the 1968 disaster of BYE BYE BIRDIE for Miami U Summer Theatre. There were a lot of local high schoolers in the production, many of them talented and wonderful and I hope they are well and thriving. Several of them are friends today and I would love to know where some of the others are now. Heather and her clique - I believe there were three of them - were what we would now call "mean girls," very pretty, sexy, and very evil. I didn't like her then and I haven't changed my opinion in 40 years.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:57:48 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 06:59:58 AM »

How Lovely to Be a Woman

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 07:00:18 AM »

Zachary Stains never calls and asks where I am.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 07:06:27 AM »

Andrew Prine was on THE VIRGINIAN several times and I first remember him from THE WIDE COUNTRY tv series with Earl Holliman, MR BK's neighbor.

Of course to me he will always be SIMON KING OF THE WITCHES

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 07:16:30 AM »

Like this

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

I am not sure if Simon was a fan of volleyball or bowling.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »

Andrew Prine was on THE VIRGINIAN several times and I first remember him from THE WIDE COUNTRY tv series with Earl Holliman, MR BK's neighbor.

He had a great role in THE MIRACLE WORKER w/Anne Bancroft  and Patty Duke.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I really screwed up and for some reason thought I had the day off. I called my brother Randy for his birthday around 8:45 and told hm that I had slept in and had to be up tomorrow at 6:30. At 9:15 Zak Stains called to ask me where I was; I totally missed the McGlinnventory today. Oy!

So, I do have LADY OF THE SLIPPER things to work on, as well as WIZARD OF OZ, and that's what I'm doing. I also got a phone call from the shippers about resending the Fed Ex delivery that was all screwed up, and I learned we never received a delivery notification because the cartons had been sent to the address of our office 10 years ago. That's all corrected now.

Andrew Prine married the Oxford OH townie and cocktease Heather Something who played Kim MacAfee in the 1968 disaster of BYE BYE BIRDIE for Miami U Summer Theatre. There were a lot of local high schoolers in the production, many of them talented and wonderful and I hope they are well and thriving. Several of them are friends today and I would love to know where some of the others are now. Heather and her clique - I believe there were three of them - were what we would now call "mean girls," very pretty, sexy and slutty, and very evil. I didn't like her then and I haven't changed my opinion in 40 years.

Heather Lowe is a sweetheart.  Saw her with Andy at the Hollywood Autograph Show a few years back.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »

Andrew Prine married the Oxford OH townie Heather Something who played Kim MacAfee in the 1968 disaster of BYE BYE BIRDIE for Miami U Summer Theatre. There were a lot of local high schoolers in the production, many of them talented and wonderful and I hope they are well and thriving. Several of them are friends today and I would love to know where some of the others are now. Heather and her clique - I believe there were three of them - were what we would now call "mean girls," very pretty, sexy, and very evil. I didn't like her then and I haven't changed my opinion in 40 years.

Heather Lowe is a sweetheart.  Saw her with Andy at the Hollywood Autograph Show a few years back.

Times change. She's 60 now, if she's a day. 1968 is 42 years ago. In 1968, she was an evil bitch who did mean and humiliating things to a guy in the cast who found her attractive (so evil I cannot mention them on a family site).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:02:55 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 07:53:18 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  The tree guys are back today taking out another tree that Richard discussed with them while I was away.  They could have trimmed it now for a couple hundred dollars and then come back in a few years to take it out completely, but we decided just to have them go ahead and remove it.  Things are pretty exciting outside our family room right now and I'll have some pictures later.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »

TOD:

Andrew Prine

He had a great career going for him, but then his name was (innocently) tied to the Karen Kupsenut murder...and that was it.

I remember that he had been identified as the boyfriend -- or ex-boyfriend -- of Karen Kupcinet.  But I always associated the end of his career with his Playgirl layout...which made him seem sort of desperate to revive his career with beefcake titillation.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »

Actually DR RP - Andrew's layout was in the May 1974 issue of VIVA magazine.....not that I know anything about it or ever saw it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »

Mt friend Steven LaBrie has just gone from vocal student to recognition on the Barihunks site. I sent him an email to congratulate him. I think he's singing in the Glimmerglass Opera season this summer. In the fall, he records Victor Herbert songs for us.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 08:02:15 AM »

Actually DR RP - Andrew's layout was in the May 1974 issue of VIVA magazine.....not that I know anything about it or ever saw it.

LOL!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:19 AM »

Not Actually TOD:  This doesn't fit the true sense of BK's wanting to hear of our favorite actors/actresses who were "backbones" in films of the 60s or 70s, but I would be remiss if I didn't single out Catherine Burns as one of my favorite actresses from the late 60s-early 70s.  She scored a supporting actress Oscar nomination for her role as Rhoda in "Last Summer" alongside Richard Thomas, Barbara Hershey and Bruce Davison., and she was totally wonderful in Hal Wallis' "Red Sky At Morning."

In both of those films, she more than held her own with Thomas.  In "Red Sky", Desi Arnaz Jr. was also very good. Richard Thomas had made a strong impression on me in the Paul Newman-Joanne Woodward-Robert Wagner film "Winning".  He played Woodward's son, and he had a wonderful scene with Newman in which he got inebriated (on very little alcohol).  Those three films, plus a very-little-seen film called "Cactus in the Snow" are the only "films" in which I've seen Thomas.  He, of course, went into "The Waltons" and became part of TV history.  I really thought he was one of the finest actors of his generation.  His random appearances on TV now annoy me a great deal as he's always cast as someone just a bit "off", or someone undeserving of his wife or girlfriend or job, etc.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:10:11 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »

He had a great role in THE MIRACLE WORKER w/Anne Bancroft  and Patty Duke.

I Believe He Was Compared to ANTHONY PERKINS
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up