Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CARAMELS  (Read 17831 times)

Jennifer

Re: CARAMELS
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »

DR Jane, you asked if anyone had watched the new sitcom, HOT IN CLEVELAND. I would have watched. But it's not available on any channel in canada yet.

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »

Wow, DR Cillaliz you are going through the books quickly.

I think both DR Jane and I also both preferred the 2nd book to the 1st.

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 07:25:37 AM »

DR Cillaliz, THE  NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR starts here on thursday. So i guess we will be a few weeks behind you. I never understand why they can't air them at the same time as in the US (they sometimes do but not usually).

My favorite Food Network show (well it's not on the Food Network in the US) is TOP CHEF. But unfortunately they will not be airing TOP CHEF DC (in Canada) until August. :(

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:02:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: COUVADE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  FATHERHOOD BLUES

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 08:06:28 AM »

Hi-ho!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2010, 08:09:37 AM »

I'm feeling very crabby this morning.  I had a night of tossing and turning and 6:00 am came way too soon.  I couldn't stop sweating after my shower.  The escalators at both PATCO Speed-Line train stations were not working.  The train to Conshohocken was filled with inane cell phone chatter.  And I'm stuck trying to muddle through SCHULZ AND PEANUTS which is not only a very heavy book (forget about this one, DR Jane!), but is also a depressing account about about a very disturbed man.  Charles Schulz was one of my boyhood heroes and this is very difficult reading for me...

On the other hand, I'm healthy, I have a job and my house is intact, so what do I really have to complain about?...

Oh....well, you have all those things that have made you crabby this morning.

Bygones!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: COUVADE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  FATHERHOOD BLUES

I was expecting "Papa, Can You Hear Me?"

:D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 08:12:12 AM »

I pulled the following photos off the internet to give you an idea of what is currently in our driveway.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13:18 AM »

That must make coming and going really tough.

Laura

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13:24 AM »

Looks noisy. Are you getting a brand new driveway?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We have a busy week, preparing for and then hosting (in Lima) the first synod of the Diocese of Mid-America of the Anglican Province of America.  Clergy and delegates from several states will be in attendance, along with a couple of bishops.  It's a big deal and quite an honor for Fr. Richard's church.  I have some cooking and hospitality responsibilities, but mostly my job will be to keep an eye on Richard and make sure he gets some rest.

Congratulations to DH Richard and your congregation on the honor.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:19 AM »

I'm feeling very crabby this morning.  I had a night of tossing and turning and 6:00 am came way too soon.  I couldn't stop sweating after my shower.  The escalators at both PATCO Speed-Line train stations were not working.  The train to Conshohocken was filled with inane cell phone chatter.  And I'm stuck trying to muddle through SCHULZ AND PEANUTS which is not only a very heavy book (forget about this one, DR Jane!), but is also a depressing account about about a very disturbed man.  Charles Schulz was one of my boyhood heroes and this is very difficult reading for me...

On the other hand, I'm healthy, I have a job and my house is intact, so what do I really have to complain about?...

Thanks for the warning.  How sad, I had no idea.  Why don't you stop reading?

Are you feeling better?  VIBES!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »

I've addressed a few packages and will do a few more.  Helper doesn't get here till eleven.

Jane

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 08:16:33 AM »

Wow, DR Cillaliz you are going through the books quickly.

I think both DR Jane and I also both preferred the 2nd book to the 1st.

Sure did!!!!!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »

That must make coming and going really tough.

LOL-You think ;)  I'm not taking Sherlock hiking today.  I'll go for a walk in the park before PT. 

Jane

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »

Looks noisy. Are you getting a brand new driveway?

Yes.  With luck it will be completed by the end of Friday.  We have been putting this necessary project off for a few years & can't delay any longer.  We can think of far more enjoyable ways to spend our money.

Jane

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 08:21:29 AM »

Oh, surprisingly it isn't very noisy with the windows closed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 08:26:47 AM »

I found the book to be very interesting. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

Jane, I do have odo-ban. That's what I initially used on the carpet.  I've decided to call a professional cleaner. It's not that big a room and hopefully they can get it out.  In the meantime, I closed the door to the room....Callie looked embarassed so I think i found the culprit

Cillaliz

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »

I sent Jose a message but he didn't respond.  Hope I didn't offend him

Jane

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 08:39:50 AM »

Jane, I do have odo-ban. That's what I initially used on the carpet.  I've decided to call a professional cleaner. It's not that big a room and hopefully they can get it out.  In the meantime, I closed the door to the room....Callie looked embarassed so I think i found the culprit

I've never had much success with a professional cleaner for major jobs.  I suggest interviewing a few.  Honestly, I have never found anything that really worked well.  When we replaced our bedroom carpet we had a sealer put on the floor to block the odors & then got a special pet mat.  If you are lucky it wasn't enough to soak into the carpet mat & the cleaning will remove the odors.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 08:40:42 AM »

There is a thick layer of dust outside.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:48 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We have a busy week, preparing for and then hosting (in Lima) the first synod of the Diocese of Mid-America of the Anglican Province of America.  Clergy and delegates from several states will be in attendance, along with a couple of bishops.  It's a big deal and quite an honor for Fr. Richard's church.  I have some cooking and hospitality responsibilities, but mostly my job will be to keep an eye on Richard and make sure he gets some rest.

Just between us, I'd really rather be going to Washington, DC, for ALA this weekend.  Fortunately, I'd already decided against that trip (by myself) before this honor was bestowed upon us.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2010, 08:44:04 AM »

DR Jane - After having those 2 trees taken out of our backyard, I sympathize with you.  It's stressful having major work done around your house, with the confusion and inconvenience it creates.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

Thanks for the warning.  How sad, I had no idea.  Why don't you stop reading?

Are you feeling better?  VIBES!

Thanks, DR Jane.  Feeling better in the cool coolness of my cubicle and with my coffee...

I've been trying to break my habit of leaving books unfinished so I don't want to give up on this one.  I was considering buying the Kindle version so that it would at least be "lighter" reading, but I'm afraid that it would not include the many illustrations and photos throughout the book.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »

Yikes!  Summer is roaring into SW Ohio like a lion - we have severe thunderstorms and heavy rain.  Don't be alarmed if I disappear abruptly!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »

TOD:

Oh--favorite monsters...

The Alien from ALIEN
The Whatever-it-was from CLOVERFIELD
The giant mantis from THE DEADLY MANTIS
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »

TOD:  Lillian Farmer in FRANCES.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2010, 09:29:55 AM »

Just between us, I'd really rather be going to Washington, DC, for ALA this weekend.  Fortunately, I'd already decided against that trip (by myself) before this honor was bestowed upon us.

DC sounds like more fun to me :)  I know I would rather me there than here at the moment, even with the heat.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 09:32:19 AM »

To All You Fans of the Series of books that started out with THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO-

Pleae be advised that the second film in that series will be coming to Movie Theatres the beginning of July- THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE

The First film I thought was excellent and Got Excellent Reviews. The Second Film did not receive Excellent Reviews(IMDB).

However, I am Looking forward to seeing The Second Film.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up