Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GREASE IS THE WORD  (Read 15418 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: GREASE IS THE WORD
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

I took Sherlock to the hiking trails this morning.  While walking back to the car I was truly embarrassed by the layers of dust, sand & dirt.  This afternoon I went to the drive through car wash, the drug store & the market.  I couldn't drive it on our new driveway with all that dirt.

Jane

« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »

As I was checking out at the market I had the feeling I missed something.  Just after putting the groceries in the truck, including ice cream, I remembered the milk.  By the time I got home the ice cream was a little on the soft side.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »

I didn't want to be the first person to drive on our driveway.  Keith said multiple times do not turn the wheels if the car isn't move.  I swear the car was moving as I turned into the garage.  Keith looked at the driveway and said I wasn't. :(

Jane

« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

I had a little melted ice cream, just the way I like it.  Now I'm eating watermelon.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »

I wish I had bought some ice cream.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2010, 04:53:14 PM »

It was on sale.  I didn't plan on opening it.  Now I have two open cartons of coffee ice cream.  That happens sometimes.  I don't like when the ice cream re-freezes so I must eat the melted part right away-such a chore ;)

Jane

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »

Laura how are the kittens today?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2010, 05:58:56 PM »

I didn't want to be the first person to drive on our driveway.  Keith said multiple times do not turn the wheels if the car isn't move.  I swear the car was moving as I turned into the garage.  Keith looked at the driveway and said I wasn't. :(

Keith is now at the Ashland A-Boy renting a paver and buying some asphalt.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

It was on sale.  I didn't plan on opening it.  Now I have two open cartons of coffee ice cream.  That happens sometimes.  I don't like when the ice cream re-freezes so I must eat the melted part right away-such a chore ;)

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »

Keith is now at the Ashland A-Boy renting a paver and buying some asphalt.

LOL.  He said he won't obsess about it.  I think he is too exhausted.  For the last day two days he has been moving rocks back onto the edge of the driveway.  He has at least another day of doing this.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »

It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!

:)  In the winter I don't "need" to do it as often ;(

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »

Worked 13 hours of pure overtime today and I fear it may be the last. So, I came home and created a strawberry-basil martini for the evening. Pure pleasure. And refreshing after that much work.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »

Great note on "Kiss Me, Kate" score, DR Elmore. Yes, that score is far more complex than one might think on first hearing. And yet, it's beauty lies in how enjoyable it is. If it can survive Ann Miller and Kathryn Grayson, then it's nearly indestructible, right?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2010, 06:15:49 PM »

Here's the martini.

― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »

Well, there's an update on our library's executive director search...as you may remember, on Tuesday, the library board made the offer to the candidate of choice (and a very, very good choice was he), HOWEVER (sigh) it was announced today that for personal reasons, the candidate chose not to accept the offer to become the new executive director.

Crapballs. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »

Sorry to hear that, George. But I like that word "crapballs." Will have to add it to the vocabulary.

If that were a word of the day, what would the song be?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2010, 06:27:52 PM »

Am enjoying "Hornet's Nest," too, though I'm only about 175 pages into it.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that, George. But I like that word "crapballs." Will have to add it to the vocabulary.

If that were a word of the day, what would the song be?

Thanks, John.  And as for "crapballs," I didn't make it up.  Former DR TPunk (aka Antonia) used it first...I just stole it.

The musical Zombie Prom has a song called, "The C Word," and it's about saying one of the most horrible swear words, "crap." :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »

Here's the martini.

I'm not a martini fan.  This looks intriguing enough to sample.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2010, 06:38:07 PM »

Sorry George.

George

« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »

And, I just reached 2000 posts!

;D

Congrats!  And here it is:

George

« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2010, 06:39:55 PM »

Sorry George.

Thanks, Jane.  It's been weird at work, today.  And a lot of people are gone on Fridays, so there aren't a lot of people to talk to.

John G.

« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »

I remember that song.

They did a local high school production of "Zombie Prom" a year or so ago, and a friend was helping in the orchestra. So, his wife and I went to see it. I have to tell you the star of the production was a drag queen who played the principal. She was fabulous -- and a head taller than anyone else in the cast. If any guys in my high school had ever wanted to do that, the law would have rained down from above and there would have been no production. Am glad to see schools getting a little looser about that stuff.

The production itself wasn't above the usual high school level, but that kid certainly was.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »

Congrats to those with record postings.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »

And why are we still on 5?
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »

Sorry George.

Thanks, Jane.  It's been weird at work, today.  And a lot of people are gone on Fridays, so there aren't a lot of people to talk to.
Maybe they have a 2nd choice who will turn out to be better than the first pick-VIBES!!

Jennifer

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:26 PM »

TOD
Book : THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST.  really not enjoying this one.   I could have stopped after the second book

How many pages have you read? I loved the third book.

Oh I don't know somewhere between 150-200

I think it gets a lot better. Keep reading.

George

« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »

I remember that song.

They did a local high school production of "Zombie Prom" a year or so ago, and a friend was helping in the orchestra. So, his wife and I went to see it. I have to tell you the star of the production was a drag queen who played the principal. She was fabulous -- and a head taller than anyone else in the cast. If any guys in my high school had ever wanted to do that, the law would have rained down from above and there would have been no production. Am glad to see schools getting a little looser about that stuff.

The production itself wasn't above the usual high school level, but that kid certainly was.

From what I understand, the role of the principle is supposed to be played by a drag queen...much like Sylvia St. Croix in Ruthless! The Musical.

John G.

« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2010, 06:47:22 PM »

I remember that song.

From what I understand, the role of the principle is supposed to be played by a drag queen...much like Sylvia St. Croix in Ruthless! The Musical.
Which is enough to keep some schools from staging it, especially with the big kiss between the principal and the man who fathered her love child.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2010, 06:47:25 PM »

Sorry George.

Maybe they have a 2nd choice who will turn out to be better than the first pick-VIBES!!

Thanks for the vibes, but no...they don't. :-X
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up