Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PLASTER OF PARIS  (Read 14722 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re: PLASTER OF PARIS
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 11:04:48 AM »

Hi, Jane
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »

ooohhhhhhhh! Page THREE
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »

Ah, guess I just missed the crowd...
PennyO

Jane

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »

Hi Penny.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 11:11:10 AM »

Hi Penny, be sure to look at the photos I posted yesterday of my beautiful hike and the new driveway work.

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 11:38:25 AM »

Is Tropical Depression Alex headed your way?  Hope not....storm free vibes ~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

Great Sherlock and Monkey Photo, thanks for sharing it, Jane

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2010, 11:41:38 AM »

Hi Elmore...how are you feeling today?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »

Last night we watched the wonderful HOBSON'S CHOICE with Charles Laughten, John Mills & Brenda De Banzie.  The film, Mills & DeBanzie all won BAFTA awards for being the best.

This is a great, great film!

Ginny

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are all home and Richard and I feel like we were away for 4 weeks rather than 4 days.  Thin crowd at church today and, true to form, it was the people who worked the hardest on the synod who managed to drag themselves there this morning.

Vibes to DR Elmore!

Vibes to DR MBarnum and DD Bosco!

Welcome back, DRs PennyO and MissKaren!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »

Last night we watched the wonderful HOBSON'S CHOICE with Charles Laughten, John Mills & Brenda De Banzie.  The film, Mills & DeBanzie all won BAFTA awards for being the best.

And of course it became the floperoo musical WALKING HAPPY.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

I recall seeing the national company of WALKING HAPPY in Los Angeles w/Norman Wisdom...and a fellow I went to the University of Washington Drama Department with, Michael Berkson.
You can dream…or you can do.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2010, 01:34:49 PM »

Thank you for the thoughts, vibes, and hugs for Dog Bosco.

We both had a lovely time at my niece's house yesterday and last night (we spent the night). Great nephew Cole was delightful and very easy to sit with, for a 2 year old. We had only one disagreement and that was when I told him it was time to put on his pajamas. He said "no." But then came over so that he could change into them. LOL!

He spent time brushing Bosco with his mom's hair brush (shhh, don't tell) and playing with his Gumby figure and toy airplanes. I spent my time just watching him play while I was also reading my book...except when I would get down on the floor and play blocks or puzzles with him.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:20 PM »

...I also changed the most noxious diaper I have ever changed.

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2010, 01:42:29 PM »

...And thank you for the suggestions for Bosco. Unfortunately, his condition is such that it is just a matter of time until, well, it is time. He has Cushing's Disease (which is basically a tumor) and the only other option is surgery, which I do not plan on doing. Bosco is probably around 11 or 12 years old, so there is no sense in doing anything drastic. I love him with every fiber of my being and he has been the absolute best dog, ever. I could not have ever imagined getting such a well tempered, friendly, easy going, well behaved dog.

He does not seem to be in any pain, and I do not know that he has arthritis, but maybe we will take a trip to the vet this week just to rule it out. He does take a pill that helps him not leak.

His appetite seems OK, although some days he only eats one meal but he does drink a HUGE amount of water and he sleeps a lot and doesn't move around a lot. He is just old and tired and I am sure the tumor is taking it's toll on his body.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2010, 01:47:25 PM »

Really, who would have thought any dog would put up with this kind of abuse!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »

...And thank you for the suggestions for Bosco. Unfortunately, his condition is such that it is just a matter of time until, well, it is time. He has Cushing's Disease (which is basically a tumor) and the only other option is surgery, which I do not plan on doing. Bosco is probably around 11 or 12 years old, so there is no sense in doing anything drastic. I love him with every fiber of my being and he has been the absolute best dog, ever. I could not have ever imagined getting such a well tempered, friendly, easy going, well behaved dog.

He does not seem to be in any pain, and I do not know that he has arthritis, but maybe we will take a trip to the vet this week just to rule it out. He does take a pill that helps him not leak.

His appetite seems OK, although some days he only eats one meal but he does drink a HUGE amount of water and he sleeps a lot and doesn't move around a lot. He is just old and tired and I am sure the tumor is taking it's toll on his body.
I'm sorry to hear about Bosco. Our animals are always part of the family, so I can understand some of what you are feeling. vibes for a peaceful time for Bosco.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

And great photos, despite the so-called abuse.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

Ah, I'm sure Bosco loves the attention and the "dressing up" is done with fun and love.  He's a great dog,MBarnum, enjoy your time together

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »

Thanks JohnG!

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »

And keep taking lots of photos of him...he seems to enjoy that too!

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »

You are right Cillaliz, Bosco loves the attention and that is why he lets the little kids of the family/friends dress him up. Kids just seem to love him.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »

Well, time for me to go and finish my weekend Bollywood Tollwood movie BUNNY (2005).

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2010, 01:53:02 PM »

Time for me to venture out.  I don't think it's nearly as hot as it has been the past couple days, but I've been inside doing laundry and cleaning up here and there and enjoy the coolness.   Don't tell C and B but I'm out of cat treats.  I must go to the store while they are sleeping and don't notice that I don't have treats to give them, lol

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2010, 02:11:04 PM »

I recall seeing the national company of WALKING HAPPY in Los Angeles w/Norman Wisdom...and a fellow I went to the University of Washington Drama Department with, Michael Berkson.

I saw it in Detroit and liked it a lot more than anyone else did.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2010, 02:27:56 PM »

I just finished blubbering my way through the last episode of THE TUDORS, which was a very moving episode. I liked the fact that Henry's death never happened on camera, although it was apparent that it was imminent. All in all, I thought it was an elegiac tie-up to a good series.

I still feel like garbage; the discomfort is mighty grand. I think I will step out for a gallon of water and think about dinner, which will most likely be soup of some sort, maybe Artie's mushroom barley.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »

I know, I know, who is this Miss Karen person and why is she interloping on this here site...well, a long time ago in a place called HHW, she was known to do some gratuitous posting, but of the E and T kind, and, well,  the E and T behavior just started to grow ... and grow ... til there were no more postings of any kind ... but she's trying to change her E and T ways.

Welcome to our newcomer, Miss Karen!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

Good morning!  Just wanted to say good-bye.  I'm leaving for Ireland, England and Scotland shortly.  One thing I know for sure--it will be a lot cooler than the DC area!

If I have access to a computer I'll check-in and report!

Have a wonderful trip, Kevin!

Safe travel vibes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »

Yes it is!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up