Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 CDS  (Read 40320 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: 1000 CDS
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »

Betsy has performed with one of LAST COMIC STANDING's semi-finalists, Jason Nash.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2010, 07:00:21 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I've been to the doctor's office and had blood drawn.  Now I'm trying to address my coffee deficit.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »

Happy 80th birthday to DR Edi's Mom!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2010, 07:01:11 AM »

Interview vibes to DR John G!

Laura

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2010, 07:06:02 AM »

Hope your interview goes well today, John G!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2010, 07:31:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: YAW!

"Oh, my, the True Love was certainly yaw, wasn't she?"

Ca' the yowes! I always confuse my "yaws" and "yowes."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2010, 07:39:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: YAW!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MY SHIP

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2010, 07:46:14 AM »

I just listened to the recording of my Library of Congress debacle, a revue by Harold Arlen, Ira Gewrshwin, and E.Y. Harburg. I'm prejudiced, since it was a horrid experience and I lost several friends on the project. I do like many of the cast members and I think some of them are absolutely perfect casting.

I like the Encores! Ziegfeld Follies recording much more because the cast seems right and - I admit - I have no knowledge about what was perpetrated to the score for that production. I think it's one of Rob Fisher's best recordings and I think it sounds more "right" than a lot of the revisions here. There are a lot of false and inaccurate changes as well, too many choral arrangements that are of of period and terminally cute, like the added patter to "All the Elks and Masons," which is not in the full score or the libretto, and too many transpositions that are fine for a revival, but wrong for what this was to be asa historical restoration. I'm mostly angry because I'm getting credit for too many embarrassing things I did not do to the score and would not have approved. I asked twice to be removed from the credits. I know the recording is getting good press, but I take no pride in it.

I still don't understand why Eric Stern isn't credited for his conducting. He's very good.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:31:11 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2010, 08:59:35 AM »

Well, I sure stopped traffic.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »

DM of DR Edi,

Jane

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Second preliminary phone interview for a job today. I haven't gone through all these hoops before. But I'm glad I made it to this level and hope to get further.

INTERVIEW VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2010, 09:41:26 AM »

I'm very cold as it is only 55 degrees.  I'm also very tired as I spent most of the night coughing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »

For the first time in several days my jaw is really killing me. I suspect it will be a short edit in Toyland today.

I wonder if a certain inept conductor owns a doll with a huge pin sticking out of its face?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »

Were you showing off your legs out on 5th Avenue?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 09:48:39 AM »

Were you showing off your legs out on 5th Avenue?

Not since I started needing supp hose!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 09:50:05 AM »

The sandwiches I've been getting for an occasional lunch at this not-so-new cafe nearby my office have been very mediocre lately.  I guess they no longer make their food with love...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 10:04:04 AM »

For the first time in several days my jaw is really killing me.

Awww, I hope it feels better soon.  Can you ice it or use heat?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »

Job vibes to John G! I should be looking myself...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 11:24:18 AM »

I took Mom and her other half out for dinner last night. Chef Paul made her a special dessert and she got kisses from the waiters. I told her that her gift would be to take her and her other half to NY for the JEWS AND BASEBALL theatrical premiere, Nov. 4 (I think!). I hope some HHWers will be able to come and meet her since she's heard so much about the group (she's also a big fan of Guy Haines!)

She wants to go the the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, we'll probably catch a show or two, and of course the film. Any other things anyone thinks an 80 year old lady would like, I'm open for suggestions!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ben

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 11:33:30 AM »

I took Mom and her other half out for dinner last night. Chef Paul made her a special dessert and she got kisses from the waiters. I told her that her gift would be to take her and her other half to NY for the JEWS AND BASEBALL theatrical premiere, Nov. 4 (I think!). I hope some HHWers will be able to come and meet her since she's heard so much about the group (she's also a big fan of Guy Haines!)

She wants to go the the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, we'll probably catch a show or two, and of course the film. Any other things anyone thinks an 80 year old lady would like, I'm open for suggestions!

I don't know if she's up for standing and listening but we think the

Tenement Museum

on the Lower East Side is a wonderful place to visit

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »

Notes from the Leisure Crowd

The Out and About Crowd:

And the Kept Hostage folks:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »

Lunchceon for Two, Please...

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »

Happy Birthday to Edisaurus's mom!

Happy, happy!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »

I just listened to the recording of my Library of Congress debacle, a revue by Harold Arlen, Ira Gewrshwin, and E.Y. Harburg. I'm prejudiced, since it was a horrid experience and I lost several friends on the project. I do like many of the cast members and I think some of them are absolutely perfect casting.

I like the Encores! Ziegfeld Follies recording much more because the cast seems right and - I admit - I have no knowledge about what was perpetrated to the score for that production. I think it's one of Rob Fisher's best recordings and I think it sounds more "right" than a lot of the revisions here. There are a lot of false and inaccurate changes as well, too many choral arrangements that are of of period and terminally cute, like the added patter to "All the Elks and Masons," which is not in the full score or the libretto, and too many transpositions that are fine for a revival, but wrong for what this was to be asa historical restoration. I'm mostly angry because I'm getting credit for too many embarrassing things I did not do to the score and would not have approved. I asked twice to be removed from the credits. I know the recording is getting good press, but I take no pride in it.

I still don't understand why Eric Stern isn't credited for his conducting. He's very good.
Love that recording of "Ziegfeld Follies." Cast is great, music sounds wonderful, lyrics are clearly and cleanly sung. Everything seems just right.

Haven't heard the other yet, so no comment.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 12:38:50 PM »

BK, since a few others are asking about soundtracks today, how about a release of William Bolcom's score for "Illuminata"? I remember seeing the movie and loving the music from it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:09 PM »

Not enough to get us off page 2.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »

Der Brucer, where did you find the giraffe and birdie photo? It's great.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 12:41:11 PM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I've been to the doctor's office and had blood drawn.  Now I'm trying to address my coffee deficit.
Back when I drank coffee, I don't know if the doctor/nurse would have been able to tell the difference between blood and coffee in my system.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »

Another busy morning--the third of my four chiropractic appointments is over, we bought Zach his much sought after beanbag chair and "assembled" it, I deposited the first official rent check from the tenants, and I just sold the 7 Tiffany window inserts I had which don't work here at the new house.  We leave for Wisconsin Saturday.  Just a typical, lazy summer.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »

It is too bee-yoo-tee-full to believe here in Conshohocken, PA!  I can't wait for 4:30 to roll around so I can get out of here!
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up