Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CONNECT THE DOTS  (Read 45279 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: CONNECT THE DOTS
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2010, 11:53:49 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2010, 12:07:47 PM »

Hello, everyone! I am back from Oz with a big hug and kiss for DR Ginny and Richard for being such great friends. I think my talk went okay, I met some great people, and I had a wonderful weekend. The flight back was easy and pleasant; i sat with my new friend Jonathan McDevitt, a very talented young man who played the Scarecrow and walked away with the show. He and the Tin Man were a hoot and the audience loved them.

To answer DR Ginny's question, I got back to the hotel from last night's cast party around 2 am and I was awakened at 8 am. I'm ready for a nap, I do believe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:13 PM »

DR Cillaliz, yep that clears it up!

I guess i've never seen it written before only spoken!

I won't be sending u email ;)

:)

I think if I saw "f u" maybe that would have clued me in. But "fu" meant nothing to me. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

DR Jane (or anything else) have you read any books by Lisa Gardner? I saw the book "the neighbor" at costco and it looked interesting. And there is another book in that series coming out this month "live to tell".

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »

DR Elmore, the pleasure this weekend was all ours and I'm glad to see you're home safe & sound.  Richard and I toured the First Ladies site early this afternoon and on the way out I told him he could now cross that off his bucket list.  His response:  "This place was never ON my bucket list!"

Like I told you at breakfast, he puts up with a lot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2010, 01:14:15 PM »

Went to Gelson's and have just made a big patch o' Tuna Pasta Salad - since I always lose weight when I eat this (half one day, half another), this is my meal for the next two days.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2010, 01:58:13 PM »

I've written a little more than half the scene I'm working on - now I'll eat some tuna pasta salad, and whilst I do, get me off this damn page.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »

Hello, everyone! I am back from Oz with a big hug and kiss for DR Ginny and Richard for being such great friends. I think my talk went okay, I met some great people, and I had a wonderful weekend. The flight back was easy and pleasant; i sat with my new friend Jonathan McDevitt, a very talented young man who played the Scarecrow and walked away with the show. He and the Tin Man were a hoot and the audience loved them.

:D 

Jane

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »

DR Jane (or anything else) have you read any books by Lisa Gardner? I saw the book "the neighbor" at costco and it looked interesting. And there is another book in that series coming out this month "live to tell".

I haven't read her.  If you decide to read her books will you begin with the first one in the series?  Let me know what you think if you read it.  Most the mystery books I read are by male authors because they have been suggested by my brother.  He reads very few women author's.  I did get him to read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books because I knew he would get a kick out of them.  I suspect after awhile he stopped reading them.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

I usher downtown quite a bit and many times when I take tickets, people recognize me and I have absolutely NO idea who they are.  There are a couple of older women who are friends of my dad and somehow they act like they know me, but I don't know if I ever actually met them...other than them recognizing me when I usher.

I look at people, sometimes for years on end, when I'm editing them. Then when I finally meet them they seem so familiar that I feel like they should know me to. And they're all like: "Who the hell are you"?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm happy to report that all went well at the wedding "near Buffalo."   No trampling occurred, DREdisaurus!    Thanks for the laugh!

Whew! Glad you survived!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »

our new Pastor is very nice but he is having some trouble folowing our order odf service - today the Vixter was scheduled to read the "Adult" lesson (in the summer we have 2 lessons read  a children's lesson and an Adult lesson) and as the introductory hymn was finishing up and she was getting ready to walk up to the pulpit  he stood up -moseyed over to the front of the alter and started his semon

the Vixter & looked at each other - she just shrugged and sat back down

Poor Pastor  nearly every person who shook his hand as they exited teh church mentioned his error to him - we bypassed the line and went right to coffeehour - but Pastor came and sought her out to apologize to her -

while he was doing so someone else stopped by to mention his error to him = the Vixter called out - "Cut the guy some slack - he's new!"

Pastor "The Guy" Justin seemed most amused
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2010, 03:24:35 PM »

I usher downtown quite a bit and many times when I take tickets, people recognize me and I have absolutely NO idea who they are.  There are a couple of older women who are friends of my dad and somehow they act like they know me, but I don't know if I ever actually met them...other than them recognizing me when I usher.

I look at people, sometimes for years on end, when I'm editing them. Then when I finally meet them they seem so familiar that I feel like they should know me to. And they're all like: "Who the hell are you"?

LOL!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »

Just got back form spending the day in Chattanooga with an old friend. What a nice town! I think I'm going to go there more often; it's only 2 hours north and has lots of neat stuff there!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »

Here's the OZ curtain call last night:
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2010, 03:36:36 PM »

To answer DR Ginny's question, I got back to the hotel from last night's cast party around 2 am and I was awakened at 8 am. I'm ready for a nap, I do believe.

DR Elmore - did you see the current tour or was it a different production?  I saw the tour last November and really enjoyed it

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2010, 03:39:25 PM »

DR Elmore - did you see the current tour or was it a different production?  I saw the tour last November and really enjoyed it

Never mind, clearly a different production

Jane

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »

;D

Jane

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »

our new Pastor is very nice but he is having some trouble folowing our order odf service - today the Vixter was scheduled to read the "Adult" lesson (in the summer we have 2 lessons read  a children's lesson and an Adult lesson) and as the introductory hymn was finishing up and she was getting ready to walk up to the pulpit  he stood up -moseyed over to the front of the alter and started his semon

the Vixter & looked at each other - she just shrugged and sat back down

Poor Pastor  nearly every person who shook his hand as they exited teh church mentioned his error to him - we bypassed the line and went right to coffeehour - but Pastor came and sought her out to apologize to her -

while he was doing so someone else stopped by to mention his error to him = the Vixter called out - "Cut the guy some slack - he's new!"

Pastor "The Guy" Justin seemed most amused

Cute Vixter :)

vixmom

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »

now she has some friends over I cookd some burgers and dogs for them on the grill and now the kids are all in the pool

Thom

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »

Joining out of nowhere. Haven't been on for a few days. Today was Benjamin Kritzer Day. I've just begun reading BK's books, starting at the beginning. I finished "Benjamin Kritzer: A Novel." As soon as I finished it I started "Kritzerland." Lot's of laughs and a touch of sentimentality. Since I am 5 years older than Bruce, I very much  ;)relate to these two books. Now I'm watching the news...like so much fish.  :)

vixmom

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2010, 03:50:03 PM »

I am sitting out here on the yard swing  with my laptop m- boy do I love this invention

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »

Elmore I am so glad that you enjoyed your weekend

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »

I wish I could have  hear dyour lecture

vixmom

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

Ginny - I doubt I could have dragged Vixdad throught thta exhibit - I see that FR Richard truly does practice Christian charity!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2010, 04:02:02 PM »

Very very slow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?