Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ROMANTIC COMEDY  (Read 61563 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: ROMANTIC COMEDY
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »

Well, I have a movie date at 6 with Chris; I'm going to force him to sign his Hanukkah album and hear how the performance went last night. I just had my first scheduling conflict on the Herbert recording schedule for October. I sent every singer in april a tentative schedule and asked for conflicts before I froze it. Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

Does anyone have a DVD copy of THE GROUP that they'd be willing to lend?  My book group is reading it for August 19 and we'd like to watch the movie together.  It's not on Netflix and I'd really rather not buy it if I don't have to.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:11 PM »

Page 4 At Last Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:27 PM »

So, DR Elmore, what movie are you and Chris going to see?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:42 PM »

"Empire of the Ants" - just plain scary.  You don't even have to know the film to know what is going on.  I've lifted my feet off the floor several times during the music and I have this insensate itching!

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2010, 01:29:06 PM »

The TV in the waiting room is tuned to some "entertainment news" show - apparently Sarah Palin's daughter is getting married and getting a  reality show - and somebody else named Bethany  (I have no idea who that is) is getting a show called "Bethany Getting Married"

I've never seen it but i think she is from THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW YORK (Bethany).

And I also think she was on Martha Stewart's APPRENTICE (which i did watch).

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2010, 01:30:28 PM »

I am excited. I won a $20 giftcard to be used online. And I had wanted to get a hoopnotica. But they were sold out at the place that sells them in canada. Well they got more this week. lowered their price to $35 and added a dvd. So by tuesday or wednesday i will be the proud owner of a hoop

(http://www.hoopnotica.com).

Jennifer

« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »

I need to go drive my niece home. Her daddy is going to babysit her and her sister tonight (it will be his first time putting the baby to bed alone).

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2010, 01:31:59 PM »

My niece and I went swimming with my mom. It was nice at noon. But by 1pm it was getting worse. We got to swim for 45 minutes. And then had to wait in the bathroom because it was pouring and there was thunder.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »

In other matters, Richard wants to attend an ordination in the Orlando, FL, area in a couple of months and has asked me to plan a little vacation around the event.  I am totally unfamiliar with the area and would appreciate any/all advice DRs might have!

Ben

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2010, 02:15:18 PM »

Afternoon, all.

It's very hot here in Chelsea.

Early in the morning (8:15) I went to get my haircut. I guess others had the same idea. There was already someone in the chair so I waited and played with his friendly doggie.

After that I went to the new Trader Joe's which has opened in the old Barnes and Noble bookstore on 21st and 6th Avenue. It was blissfully almost empty. TJ's has been a phenomenon in NYC. The original store in Manhattan on 14th Street and 3rd Avenue is usually mobbed. They have opened a store in Brooklyn and there are plans to open one on the Upper West Side (at 72nd Street). I hope this will curb the crowds at 14th Street but since the new store is closer we will go there for our shopping excursions.

We have been in the house all day. The AC is not on yet (we put it on in the bedroom, the only room with a unit, at night when we go to bed). Anthony has been transferring LPs to CDs and I have been on and off the Internet. It's too hot to exercise (the advantage of having a gym membership) so I have not been riding the bike lately.

We watched a great movie last night. We got the DVD from the library. It's a 1945 (British) Wendy Hiller film called I Know Where I'm Going. It's about a willful woman during World War II who insists on going to an island in the Hebrides chain to marry a man she hasn't met. A gale prevents her from getting there and she comes to realize her life is going in a different way. The film is in black and white but the scenery is gorgeous and the cast (including a young Pet Clark) is WONDERFUL!

Ben

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2010, 02:18:16 PM »

We have only been to Key West and Capitva on the West Coast of Florida. I have no recommendations or insights regarding Orlando.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2010, 02:21:36 PM »

I did a three-mile jog, then went to the store and bought new running shoes and new walking shoes - first shoe purchase in a year and a half, so that's pretty good. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2010, 02:23:20 PM »

Lunch was fun, and then I picked up several packages and the envelope I've been expecting.  I did some banking, then opened the packages, one of which contained DVDs of The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - apparently both have English subtitles although the menus are in Chinese and I'm hoping by using the subtitle button on my remote that that will do the trick.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2010, 02:32:46 PM »

We have only been to Key West and Capitva on the West Coast of Florida. I have no recommendations or insights regarding Orlando.

That's my problem, DR Ben.  I've only been to Sanibel, 30 years ago, and that was to visit my professional mentor and her husband in the condo they rented for the winter.  All I had to do was get myself to Ft. Myers on a plane and they entertained me for a week.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »

I, too, am doing laundry. Somehow, HHW and laundry just seem to go together: wash, post, dry, post.

So I am. :)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »

I am excited. I won a $20 giftcard to be used online. And I had wanted to get a hoopnotica. But they were sold out at the place that sells them in canada. Well they got more this week. lowered their price to $35 and added a dvd. So by tuesday or wednesday i will be the proud owner of a hoop

Just a more graceful way of doing the traditional hoola hoop moves ;)  Have fun. 

Jane

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

My brother saw THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE and liked it a lot.  I didn't get anymore detail or how it compared to Tattoo.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »

DR Ginny, there is a little place called Disneyworld there ;)   Too bad DR Jose isn't here, he's been there many times

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »

Just a more graceful way of doing the traditional hoola hoop moves ;)  Have fun. 

It's actually  not really like a regular hoola hoop at all. With a regular hoop you can go round for maybe a minute. But with hoopnotica the hoop is specially weighted. So you can do it for an hour without stopping.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »

Lunch was fun, and then I picked up several packages and the envelope I've been expecting.  I did some banking, then opened the packages, one of which contained DVDs of The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - apparently both have English subtitles although the menus are in Chinese and I'm hoping by using the subtitle button on my remote that that will do the trick.

Are the dvds in Chinese with English subtitles. Or Swedish with English subtitles?

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2010, 04:26:55 PM »

My brother saw THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE and liked it a lot.  I didn't get anymore detail or how it compared to Tattoo.

I suspect most people who liked the books will like it.

My mom just finished the book (#2). I think she is #8 for the 3rd book. But there are 6 copies and they are all due in the next week.

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »

DR Ginny, there is a little place called Disneyworld there ;)...

LOL, DR Cillaliz!  Yes, we'll visit The Mouse, but don't want to plan our whole trip around him.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2010, 04:35:51 PM »

It's actually  not really like a regular hoola hoop at all. With a regular hoop you can go round for maybe a minute. But with hoopnotica the hoop is specially weighted. So you can do it for an hour without stopping.

An hour, pretty good.  I asure you I have done a hoola hoop for far longer than a minute at a time.  The new one is probably more comfortable to use.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »

DR Ginny, there is a little place called Disneyworld there ;)...

LOL, DR Cillaliz!  Yes, we'll visit The Mouse, but don't want to plan our whole trip around him.

There is the Epcot Center or is it considered part of Disneyworld?  I would think a day at each is needed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2010, 04:46:28 PM »

I've had a sore throat and some sinus issues since Wednesday.  Today was the first time I've been able to take a nap.  Man did that feel good. I'm feeling much better.  The house is still a mess, but that's ok, I can't really clean it up until I can put the combination windows back in...that can't happen until they finish the windows....so...good time to relax. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

Jennifer - Swedish with English subtitles.  I've watched the first hour of The Girl Who Played With Fire and am quite enjoying it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

Probably won't get to finish it until later tonight after dinner.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2010, 04:57:45 PM »

Jennifer - Swedish with English subtitles.  I've watched the first hour of The Girl Who Played With Fire and am quite enjoying it.

Is The Girl Who Played With Fire a Region 2?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »

DR Ginny, there is a little place called Disneyworld there ;)   Too bad DR Jose isn't here, he's been there many times
;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up