Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GAZELLE WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO  (Read 22813 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE GAZELLE WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »

PAGE FIVE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

Happy, happy, Miss Karen!

Happy back at 'cha, DR John G -- and a happy day for all out there.

A Most Wonderful Day To Our Birthday Girl,

MISS KAREN!

I only wish that you and Cason could spend more time here with us!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2010, 02:45:25 PM »

I just got off the phone with DR Jose, who says he's had horrible apartment problems for the past month, that he is fine, and that he will be rejoining us shortly. He sends Miss Karen birthday greetings and his regards to one and all. I am very happy to know that all is well.

I'm glad to hear he's fine.  However, funnily his horrible apartment problems haven't kept him from Tweeting or Twittering a hundred times a day or posting to Facebook.   So, pardon my doubt that he'll be rejoining us soon.

BK, I told him he was missed and everyone looked forward to his return. What would you like? Jose's return or to drive him off? I'm happy to call him back and tell him I was wrong.

I would rather not.

;D  Sorry Bruce.  Remember I told you from the beginning he would return, mentioned the electrical problems and said he takes a break every once in awhile.  He always returns.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:48:01 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »

Is anyone else getting inundated with all these spam emails about fake Rolexes?  It's completely odd--I'm just swamped with them for the past few weeks.

If I am they are going into spam.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2010, 02:46:27 PM »

Happy, happy, Miss Karen!

Happy back at 'cha, DR John G -- and a happy day for all out there.

A Most Wonderful Day To Our Birthday Girl,

MISS KAREN!

I only wish that you and Cason could spend more time here with us!

DITTO!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

That's what I thought DR ELMORE....we had a lot of fun last year.....he is really quite good....and much taller than I am which gave a nice contrast in our comedy scenes.

And there's LOTS of that in NEVER TOO LATE.....I love physical comedy.....after all my teacher was Lucy Ricardo!

Lucy Ricardo?  Wasn't she on WILL & GRACE?
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »

I just received a fascinating piece of Farmer memorabilia that may bring back memories to JR:  it's yet another of her typed scripts for her show (I have several), with tons of her handwritten interpolations.  This was for her January 22 show one year and the film that day was THE LONE GUN.  What is interesting is how much interstitial stuff she did--page after page of commentary that led to commercial breaks (including one by Rosemary DeCamp, LOL).  But, JR, she also had a special WFBM guest that day:  Curly Meyers, whom she identifies as Channel Six's resident cowboy, and they evidently sang folk songs together--the lyrics are all printed in the script with the keys!! 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »

Are windsongRobbie and divaRobbie different people?  Enquiring minds and all. . .

I was wondering the same thing.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »

Is anyone else getting inundated with all these spam emails about fake Rolexes?  It's completely odd--I'm just swamped with them for the past few weeks.

I haven't gotten anything like this...I feel left out. :'(

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »

Poor George ;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »

I just got off the phone with DR Jose, who says he's had horrible apartment problems for the past month, that he is fine, and that he will be rejoining us shortly. He sends Miss Karen birthday greetings and his regards to one and all. I am very happy to know that all is well.

I'm glad to hear he's fine.  However, funnily his horrible apartment problems haven't kept him from Tweeting or Twittering a hundred times a day or posting to Facebook.   So, pardon my doubt that he'll be rejoining us soon.

Gee, this would certainly make me want to return.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

Are windsongRobbie and divaRobbie different people?  Enquiring minds and all. . .

I was wondering the same thing.

I really doubt they are the same. Don't you think divarobbie would have told us of any name change?

I did check their member listings: they have different email addresses.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:15:03 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »

Divarobbie has a website. Windsong Robbie does not.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:25 PM »

elmore and Jane - that's all fine - I just don't know how I feel about it, frankly.  I would be lying if I didn't say that.  At this point, if he comes back he comes back - but I'm not expecting it and I wish I could say I would rejoice, but after all this time, I have no idea if I'll be rejoicing because I felt the disappearing act was abrupt and rude.  I don't see any other way to say it - want to take a break?  Tell people.  So they don't worry.  This is not some site he visited occasionally. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »

Had to get a new printer - my Epson was not functioning correctly anymore and was out of warranty.  I now have a lovelier than lovely HP printer that's five times quieter, five times quicker, and holds half a ream of paper at a time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »

We got the rest of the packages addressed and stamped and all is ready for the big delivery tomorrow.  I have to prepare the bigger orders but won't be able to do so till late tonight. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2010, 03:25:22 PM »

Welcome fifteen GUESTS.  Unusually GUESTY around these here parts lately.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »

Bruce my reaction was obviously very different than yours.  I could see on FB Jose was having problems and I wasn't surprised by his sudden departure.  I didn't even consider emailing or calling him which I would have done had I been worried about him.  I never doubted Jose would return and still don't.  I truly think you are over reacting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2010, 03:51:02 PM »

Bruce my reaction was obviously very different than yours.  I could see on FB Jose was having problems and I wasn't surprised by his sudden departure.  I didn't even consider emailing or calling him which I would have done had I been worried about him.  I never doubted Jose would return and still don't.  I truly think you are over reacting.

I have to agree with DR Jane; we've seen DRs come and go - Ann and Matthew are two I can think of right off the bat - and nothing is said, but you've been bitchslapping Jose for several weeks as though it's a personal affront. You told us last week he'd emailed you that he might be E&T so you were told ahead of his departure.

I was happy to talk to him today because we've not been especially close in the past five months and I wanted to be sure I wasn't the reason he'd gone away. He seemed fine and I was happy to know things are okay, outside of the apartment tsuris.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 04:20:48 PM by elmore3003 »

td

• td
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2010, 04:11:13 PM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY DR KAREN!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »

Welcome DR windsongRobbie!

td

• td
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »

The first VCR I had, I rented.  It was an RCA BetaMax, and I even had to rent the movies from, of all places, Photo Hut! 
The first VCR I bought, after about six months of the BetaMax, was a big-assed, top-loading RCA, which must've weighed twenty-five pounds.
When I bought that VCR, the first films I bought were WHAT'S UP DOC? (used at $20, which at that time was cheap) and THE SOUND OF MUSIC (two tape, strangely packaged).
The first movie I taped was an HBO showing of COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER, and I only recently got rid of that tape in a major de-cluttering.

The first dvd I bought was Warner's LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, with the alternate ending on the flip side.  I didn't buy a dvd player  however until a few weeks, or months, later.

KevinH

« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »

Happy Birthday, Miss Karen!

KevinH

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2010, 04:32:25 PM »

Welcome, DR windsongRobbie!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »

DR Cillaliz, re: that bike race/ride

I don't see how people who don't ride a lot/or who aren't in shape could just do this race.  I ride everyday. And it still sounds really hard to me.  I don't know if i could ride for 10 hours a day (or however long they race).

First of all, it isn't a race.  No one is in a hurry.  People often stop in the little towns along the way for hours at a time, or they may stop at a farm selling pie or watermelon or something. The first day is 70 miles, there are hills, but it's mostly fairly flat paved roads through the countryside.   And, for those who are registered for the ride, there is a wagon that will take you and your bike to the next stop.  Most groups have their own busses and vans who they meet in each small town, so if they don't want to go on, they catch a ride. 
There are also a lot of people who ride just a day or two to be a part of it. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »

Happy Birthday Miss Karen~!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2010, 04:48:02 PM »

I know I will be glad to see Jose come back. I'm sure he will.  And to echo DR Elmore a little. Miss Karen was gone for quite a while and I didn't see anyone attack her about it and she was warmly welcomed back, as she should be.   I think Jose deserves the same

td

• td
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

Because I can, here are some new pictures of Miss Dixie Bell:
First, her new toy, which came from Amazon:

Beauty and the Beast:

In between bouts with Go-Rilla, Dixie thought that the camera was her friend and licked the lens:

Plundering Done and Awaiting Her Spoils of War (Guilt-Free Dog Treats):

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »

I know I will be glad to see Jose come back. I'm sure he will.  And to echo DR Elmore a little. Miss Karen was gone for quite a while and I didn't see anyone attack her about it and she was warmly welcomed back, as she should be.   I think Jose deserves the same

And let us not forget BrettySpaghetti whose infrequent returns are met with jubilation and excitement.  And then he finds some reason to ditch the forum for a spell...until the next time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »

Oh, yes...and for what it's worth, my take on Twitter and Facebook -- They are impersonal, non-involving and NOT the intimate gathering of HainesHisWay.com.  In other words, they are a perfect means of escape without having to invest oneself personally into posting stuff there.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up