Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN IN ROME  (Read 21972 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WHEN IN ROME
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 07:31:23 AM »

Yesterday, Der Brucer said
Unless there is a published procedure that you check Email on a particular schedule, you should be able to skip it without penalty.

I used to have have a stated work-place policy: I have Email - it is not EPhone! I usually check Email twice daily at 9 AM and 3PM, plan accordingly!

der Brucer

And  the sign in my office said:"Piss-Poor Planning on your part does not justify an emergency on my part!

LOL Der Brucer, you have to realize that I'm dealing with federal judges here.  If you aren't available at the drop of a hat they can take you off the list of people who get federal criminal cases or just make your life hell.  They won't throw you in jail for something like this , but technically they do have the power of contempt.  As they say.."What's the difference between God and a Federal District Court Judge?   God doesn't think he's a Federal District Court Judge"

Cillaliz

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:52 AM »

Vibes to DR Laura~~~~~ I know you planned to give the kitties up all along, but it's got to still be sad to see them go

Miss Karen

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 07:33:13 AM »

Kittens have been delivered to the clinic. The adoption coordinator will pick them up, so I shan't see them again. :(

Lucky little kitties to have had such a great foster home. Do they let you know or are you able to find out when your fosters get adopted?

Miss Karen

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »

DR Jennifer ~ Have you been keeping up with SYTYCD this season?

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 07:41:10 AM »

Update on who might play Lisbeth in THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/21/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-casting-whos-in-the-mix-now/#more-10215

Laura

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:02 AM »

We not nothin' Miss Karen. Nothin'.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:12 AM »

Yes. But i'm not sure if i like this all-stars format.

I miss Mary Murphy a lot.  And while I like Twitch, Allison and few other all-stars. I don't like that there were only 10 contestants. And they all keep getting injured!

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »

ARG!! I'm still feeling really cruddy, sore throat and coughing. Luckily the yard guys and handy men will be doing the work outside, but I really need to clean inside.  What I'd like to do is get some sleep.  Think I'll take it easy this morning.  I'm cutting back the plan.  I'll do all the bathrooms and finish the basement first, then move to the main floor.  I'm going to just tell everyone that upstairs is off limits. that will cut back what I need to do  and will give me a place to put a couple boxes of clutter.

Laura

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 07:44:37 AM »

Sometimes the adoption coordinator will let me know. Not usually. I check their numbers on the online "see our available pets" list. These guys I won't know about, as four of the five are listed as "brown tabby," so I don't know which number goes to which kitten.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 07:45:49 AM »

DR Jane, I'm not sure if you will check in today. But we've now had 3 episodes of HOT IN CLEVELAND.  And I still like it.  To me Betty White is the absolute star of the show.  But I still really like Valerie Bertinelli a lot.

Laura

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 07:46:04 AM »

The only federal judges I know about are bankruptcy judges, and all I know is that if you don't list one particular one first when you list all their names, all hell can break loose!

Laura

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »

I hope you feel better soon, Cillaliz. You've been waiting for this weekend so long!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »

I'm first after BK?  When's the last time that happened???

Today.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »

Oy, the internet tubes are clogged this morning.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Miss Karen

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 08:01:08 AM »

Yes. But i'm not sure if i like this all-stars format.

I miss Mary Murphy a lot.  And while I like Twitch, Allison and few other all-stars. I don't like that there were only 10 contestants. And they all keep getting injured!

Yeah, I like seeing some of the former contestants and how they keep getting better and better -- "growing" as they call it -- and glad they're giving them jobs -- but it does take time away from the new talent.  Mary was entertaining, even if her screaming and hot tamale antics got a little over the top at times. In comment sections on recent stories and on blogs, Mia was really getting blasted for what folks were calling her "mean-spirited" comments -- especially the week she roasted Adechike (sp). Hated to see Alex bite the dust and really hope his injury isn't a career killer -- the top two now I think are Lauren and Kent (except his facial expressions can be a bit of a turn off -- at one point they were getting on him for what they called his "jazz face" -- he really was playing to the audience that week they got on him about it). I really liked Jose early on and how he was "growing", but now his lack of training is starting to show and he's not "growing" like the others. And, yes, what is it with all the injuries this year?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:16:48 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 08:04:02 AM »

We not nothin' Miss Karen. Nothin'.

Well, here's hopin' you get somethin' -- and that we get more than a little shower. Flag has been getting it all, so here's hopin' it moves down to our towns -- the rain, not the floods!

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »

I hope you feel better soon, Cillaliz. You've been waiting for this weekend so long!

I think I will.  I feel the worst in the morning after coughing in the night. I slowly feel better as the day wears on.  I have today and tomorrow to finish up cleaning.  The yard guys just finished and the handyman should be arriving soon. So, outside will be done.  That's really where they will be. I think it's the humidity that's really bothering me. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:34 AM »

And in a bit of Serendipity, I wasn't too pleased with my yard guy, but I've had him since I moved in and he's an older guy, so I decided to just keep him.  Well, he just told me that he can no longer do yards because of his heart.  He's not sick right now, but his doc told him if he doesn't quit he could have real problems.   So, he gave me a referral and I think my new handy men may do yards.  I'm glad I didn't have to fire him...and the yard looks beautiful today.

MBarnum

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »

TOD:

DVR:

Recorded a lot of oldies this week, which I hope to get watched over the weekend:
WE'RE ON THE JURY (1934)
LADIES OF THE JURY (1932; starring Edna Mae Oliver)
THE FIREBIRD (1934; starring Ricardo Cortez)
FORT BOWIE (1957; starring Jan Harrison who I have  become a fan of since seeing her in several episodes of SEA HUNT)
THE LOCKET (1946)

DVD:
Will be babysitting Taylor and Ben on Saturday night so may take up either BECAUSE OF WINN DIXIE or GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES, both of which I think the kids would enjoy.

CD:
STAR ACADEMY 3. This is a CD compilation of contestents from the Arabic version of AMERICAN IDOL. Some darn good young singers from various Arabic speaking countries. The first song has the whole group singing FAME in Arabic.

Miss Karen

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 08:10:58 AM »

Get well vibes to DR Cilla!

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2010, 08:16:54 AM »

Thanks. I'm sure I'll rally. The best part is they will be gone by Sunday morning, so I have an entire day to sleep if I need to

Thom

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2010, 08:20:15 AM »

TOD:

CD: The soundtrack to the Norwegian film "DeUsynlige" (US Title: "Troubled Water"), composed by Johan Söderqvist, and played by Iver Kleive, on the Bergen Cathedral organ in Norway. The score consists of classical music, folk tunes, jazz improvisation , and Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" all played on the organ. I know nothing about this film directed by Erik Poppe.

DVD: "Glee" Season 1, Volume 1.  I just started watching this series to see what the hype is all about since I have never watched it on TV.

Thom

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2010, 08:28:54 AM »

I purchased the three "The Girl..." "Millennium" triology by Stieg Larsson yesterday.  Although I am reading the complete and unabridged  "Bruce Kimmel" at this time, I may have plenty of reading time in the next 10 weeks. My right hip, that was totally replaced in 1989, is beginning to hurt and cause me to take up using a cane. I have tentative replacement (hip revision) surgery scheduled for October 6th, so I should have plenty of reading time during the 10-12 week recovery period.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 08:38:31 AM »

I had an e-mail late last night from a disgruntled person who's received his one CD set of Promises.  To his "horror" he realized he didn't have the pitch-corrected version and demanded I do something about it.  I wrote him back saying he DID have the pitch-corrected version so that I wasn't sure what he was going on about.  The first thing I did was open a copy of the one CD set to make sure it was the right one - it's pretty easy to tell - the running order is different, it has the hiccup, and the hidden track.  I suggested he listen to the original Ryko CD (which he says he has) and that if he cannot hear the difference I don't know how to help him.  His e-mail was so attitude-laden and rude it was unbelievable - the customer, in this case, is not right, even if he somehow had received some other version (I don't think it's possible, as I had them pull the CD 1 stamper and file it away before this was pressed) - there is no reason for rudeness and his amusing threat of "do you want me as a customer."  Uh, no.  I don't.  And, of course, this is the first title he's ever purchased so he's not much of a customer anyway.  I haven't had a response yet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 08:38:58 AM »

Oh, and I'm up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Thom re his hip.

Thom

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Thom re his hip.

Thanks BK.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48:36 AM »

I received the following e-mail:

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU)
201 N. Los Angeles Street, Space #201
Los Angeles, CA USA
www.lafcu.org

Ref: LAFCU|44.96|16:00 EDT|09/17/2010

Dear beneficiary

Re: Contract/Inheritance funds claims notification
We are trying to contact you to clarify and resolve the misunderstanding and problem at hand. We do not intend to send to you a scam or any sort of fraudulent email because You also need to know if you are being impersonated by the unknown, therefore, this email should not be regarded as unsolicited, as our intention is to your best interest and to protect our good image and reputation, and to maintain our leadership in professionalism.

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Los Angeles Federal Credit Union serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.

Be informed that we the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) have received instruction to release the approved sum of Ten Million Dollars (US$10, 000, 000.00) to you, as your Contract/Inheritance fund. We have with us the entire documentation required for your payment. We shall be waiting to hear from you for the immediate payment.

After this resent approval of your contract/inheritance fund payment of $10Million to be released to you from my bank and for your immediate payment, Mr. Hancock from Washington DC contacted my bank requesting for the release of your funds in his name as your next-of-kin/beneficiary hence you are proclaimed dead. And the below are his bank account details he provided, urging my bank to transfer your fund into immediately before it is too late:

His Bank Account Details:
Bank name: Bank of America
Account No.: 9085686846
Routing No.: 54664564

Understand that our intention for contacting you is to confirm if you are dead as this man falsely said. If he is wrong, kindly provide in the below order, the required details from you to enable us update your payment document and to secure your funds so that your payment would take place without delay:

Full names:
House address:
Phone/fax:
Age/sex:
Copy of ID.

We wait hearing from you with the above details to start your payment processing. You can call me ASAP on 3232479237

yours faithfully,

Chuck Rubin
Board Chairperson,
LAFCU
Tel: 3232479237
www.lafcu.org

Now, okay, the spelling and grammar alone tell you all you need to know.  But there's a phone number attached.  Why would they do that - isn't it easy to trace?  Or is it the real phone number and those poor people are being inundated with calls?  This is obviously about identity theft and trying to get your information, but has anyone actually done this?  There must be people who have for these cretins to keep sending these out so relentlessly.  Maybe I'll call the number.

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010, 08:51:10 AM »

Many vibes for Thom's hip and for some good reading material!

Laura

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:13 AM »

Wow. Usually those emails come from Nigeria, BK. Amazing that they are portraying it as coming from the US.

One thing is clear, though -- banks do not EVER give money away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up