Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY  (Read 18688 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:26 PM »

That won't get us to another page?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:58 PM »

Yes! Page Six dance! Time for the hora!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2010, 09:26:25 PM »

DR John G., there is stuff in that form that I do not discuss with good friends and family. I do not like being required by law to disclose personal information. Pooh.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

td

• td
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

I thought my brain was going to explode, in a good way, during INCEPTION.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »

I thought my brain was going to explode reading the online version of the census form.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2010, 09:43:44 PM »

Now here's something that makes a body smile and makes the night seem beautiful:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/141471-ON-THE-RECORD-Promises-Promises-Then-and-Now/pg2

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »

Riding home from the festivites downtown on top of Team DLO's bus.  As you can see I had a very good time

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2010, 10:03:58 PM »

So, I'm turing 50 next summer.  I have probably gained all my weight back, or close to it, I haven't stepped on a scale in ages.  Anyway, I have decided that next year, I want to ride RAGBRAI.  it will be 2 weeks after my birthday.  So, in order to do that, I'm going to have to get in shape and start riding my bike over the next year.  I really enjoyed the group and would love to spend a week with them.  They have a good time, but were all in bed by about 10:30.  I can do that part easily

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2010, 10:05:11 PM »

I'll post more photos tomorrow.  It's going to be an early morning and I better get some sleep. 

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »

They will keep after you and after you until you fill out the form. ... but I've heard from friends that they are persistent about getting that information.

I've yet to run into a piss-ant government bureaucrat I couldn't out last - lots of tricks can help: mark the form "deceased" and return; shred the form and return; refuse to understand any phone questions; personal encounters at the door can usually be handled by refusing to recognize any proferred ID and by drawing on years of salty naval lingo to discuss the interviewer's personal hygiene habits. I always give my adversary a first chance to avoid the abuse by simply stating "No - Go Away, Now!"

Unfortunately, Laura's church-going civility probably precludes these tactics.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »

Glad you are having fun, Cillaliz!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »

Now here's something that makes a body smile and makes the night seem beautiful:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/141471-ON-THE-RECORD-Promises-Promises-Then-and-Now/pg2

Well, you sure can't buy warm hugs like this.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Laura

« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »

Very nice article.

Laura

« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »

Back from the wedding and an evening of dancing afterward. Here's a shot of me and the other groomsman in our tuxes. Yes, the beer was good and, yes, I had a few cups over the afternoon.

Nice photo, John G.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »

And since the article appeared a couple of hours ago, orders have been coming in regularly. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »

Welcome eight GUESTS.  Will one of you people get me off this damn page?

Laura

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

When is the first Kritzerland at the Gardenia event?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2010, 11:14:49 PM »

I know a few people at the show today.  But I won't go there until noon, because last time there was a line and will not wait on line ever again.  But speaking of the show, Barry Pearl and I were talking about how we both loathe the new people who do it, and we're not the only ones - a presenter (not these guys) had recently asked Barry about doing a Grease-only show like this.  It didn't happen, but out of discussing that I said "Why don't you cut out the middlemen and do it yourself?"  And out of that came an idea I had many years ago to do a Broadway version of what was then the Ray Courts show.  Done with love and affection, like Ray used to do.  These new guys are crass and all about the money.  So, we began talking about doing a show where we'd get the casts of the films Grease, Sound of Music, and other musical movies, along with people like Shirley Jones and all that kind of stuff.  Make it fun and different and bring it back to the Beverly Garland, and then maybe travel it to NY and a couple of other cities.  Barry still talks to Olivia Newton-John and if he could get her to do it, we'd succeed instantly.  And I have enough favors I could call in that we'd get some great folks.  We'd even have some entertainment.  I think we could cover the cost of the room with dealer tables.  What do you think?

That sounds like a wonderful idea!  I wish I could be there! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »

That's fantastic, BK!  Congrats!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »

So, I'm turning 50 next summer.  I have probably gained all my weight back, or close to it, I haven't stepped on a scale in ages.  Anyway, I have decided that next year, I want to ride RAGBRAI.  it will be 2 weeks after my birthday.  So, in order to do that, I'm going to have to get in shape and start riding my bike over the next year.  I really enjoyed the group and would love to spend a week with them.  They have a good time, but were all in bed by about 10:30.  I can do that part easily

Quite a few years ago, I used to work with a woman (who has since retired) and when her husband turned 50, he wanted to do something special to mark the occasion.  She said that he had her drive him from their house in Olympia towards Mt. Rainier.  When they reached the 50 mile mark from their house, he got out of the car and she drove home.  He wanted to jog the 50 miles back to their house...one mile for every year of his life.  He made it (I don't know how long it took him, though).

I think that riding your bike will be much easier than jogging for 50 miles, but it would still be an accomplishment to be proud of! ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:42:48 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2010, 11:51:02 PM »

When is the first Kritzerland at the Gardenia event?

Wednesday September 1 at nine.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up