Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PIDDLE, TWIDDLE, AND RESOLVE  (Read 59955 times)

Jennifer

Re:PIDDLE, TWIDDLE, AND RESOLVE
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2004, 12:10:14 PM »

Okay I have completed my mission.  We are on Page Three.  Time for the Page Three Dance.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2004, 12:12:43 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]PAGE THREE DANCE!!! [/move]

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D [/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/move]

Tomovoz

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2004, 12:18:04 PM »

There were indeed subtitles for Maori dialogue in "Whale Rider" Jennifer. I was referring to the NZ English which often has strange (to Australians any way) vowel pronunciations. Fish becomes "fush" and pen becomes "pin"! Fat becomes "fet"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2004, 12:19:54 PM »

JoseSPiano I would much rather go to a vegetarian Indian restaurant than a vegetarian Chinese.  Not that I really need either to be strictly vegetarian as both usually have a good selection for me.

Jed how nice your shows went well. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2004, 12:33:53 PM »

I worked with Kevin when I did the Hearbeats CD.

Boil water in a saucepan, stick an opened jar of C.C. Brown's therein, wait ten minutes, voila.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »

Oh, and elmoore, your package arrived and is divoon and VERY interesting.  More I cannot say.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2004, 12:35:41 PM »

It occurs to me that if I have an especially productive posting day I might just reach four thousand posts.

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2004, 12:36:47 PM »

Mom's 75th surprise birthday partay was lots of fun...I really do have a nifty family if I do say so myself! Mom did confess that she was not surprised by the surprise, however. But she was very happy about it regardless..now she and my brother Allen are on there way back to Medford (we all met for breakfast this morning at the Sassy Onion in Salem).

After the partay I went partaying in Portland with my buddy Mark and a buddy of his, Terry, who is the spitting image of actor Steve Cochran! He was all hot for some guy at the bar we were at and I told Terry to go up to him and introduce himself as Steve Cochran. Terry looked at me like I was so much fish. LOL!

Didn't get home and in bed until about 3am and got up early for breakfast with the family. I am now beat! Nap time I do believe.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 12:37:16 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2004, 12:43:40 PM »

Oh, and elmoore, your package arrived and is divoon and VERY interesting.  More I cannot say.

Thank you, Dear Friend!  I look forward to talking to you about 2001 and the events!  Enjoy.

Tell dear Mr Haines how happy I am to have his recording again, and how much I look forward to seeing him sometime.  I'd forgotten how excellent the album is.

The radio is playing is playing something spectacular right now, and it's bothering me that I can't place what it is.  Tchaikovsky, I think, but as soon as it's over, Guy's going back on.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2004, 12:51:27 PM »

Well, it was Sibelius' Symphony No. 2!  Glorious finale.  Now I'm listening to Guy Haines sing "Pick Yourself Up."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2004, 01:26:38 PM »

For the life of me, I don't understand remaking something as innocuous as THE BAD NEWS BEARS. I wasn't as huge fan of the original, but there was nothing wrong with the picture the way it was.

I guess because the remake of FREAKY FRIDAY with Jamie Lee Curtis made over $100 million last year, they figure they can remake anything and have a chance for lightning to strike twice. Maybe it will, but they won't be getting any of my money, that's for sure.

I've said this before. I have no trouble with filmakers remaking something that wasn't done right the first time. It took three tries to get THE MALTESE FALCON right, but now that we have Huston's classic, I see no reason to make it again. It couldn't be bettered.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2004, 01:31:53 PM »

I watched SEABISCUIT this afternoon, and it was a very well made, pleasant film, but pretty typical of most sports movies that feature the main character overcoming some kind of adversity in order to triumph in the end. In fact, we had two main characters attempting to come back from physical ailments. Heartwarming but predictable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2004, 01:51:21 PM »

Oh, dear, I'm afraid this Sunday errant and truantness will not do, oh, no, it will not do.  After all, we are piddling and twiddling and resolving and we can't do it alone.  I feel some bitch-slapping a comin'.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2004, 02:05:44 PM »

Maybe folks are saving up their energy for chat.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2004, 02:19:39 PM »

Piddling and twiddling? No - just trying to organize my papers, and I'm losing the battle.

And while we're piddling, do other dear readers agree that Bob Merrill's To Be Artistic (Henry Sweet Henry) is such an awful song that it's hard to imagine the man wrote it? Not only does he try rhyming "man" with "ram," but there's that embarrassing line in which "her (Gertrude Stein's, yet) poodle piddled in his lap." I like much of the HSW score, but that song makes me cringe.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2004, 02:35:39 PM »

So many notes to read!  I just got home from a rather impromptu weekend at home.  Fun times were had.  But now I am home very briefly, and soon off to a rehearsal.  I will catch up on notes and everything when I get home this evening, I promise.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2004, 03:05:03 PM »

Yesterday, I went to visit my ex...his birthday is Monday and mine is on Wednesday :) and I just got back a couple of hours ago.  I was catching up on all of the posts and started listening to the Sondheim concert on BBC2 Radio.  Then I noticed that a special live concert version of Sunset Boulevard with Petula Clark and Michael Ball (with not so great American accents) is on!  So that's what I'm listening to (and shh...don't tell anyone, recording) right now.  After that I'd like to record listen to the Sondheim concert.  Hopefully, I can chat and listen at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 03:09:20 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2004, 03:18:15 PM »

Where is everybody?

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2004, 03:19:36 PM »

I am in the middle of watching last week's West Wing.

For some reason Alias is not on here at 7pm like it is every week.  Wonder why.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2004, 03:20:19 PM »

That hot chocolate sauce sounds simply divine!

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2004, 03:21:07 PM »

I think I am talking to myself. :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2004, 03:30:12 PM »

Where is everybody?

In the words of Sondheim, I'm still here.

Anyway, on Friday, I got a CD through eBay.  The original Broadway cast recording of The Human Comedy, music by Galt McDermot (composer of Hair) and lyrics by Bill Dumaresq.  The only performers that I've heard of are Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Anne Marie Bobby, Rex Smith, Kathleen Rowe McAllen and two of "The Townspeople," Donna Murphy and Cass Morgan.

On my way back from Seattle today, I stopped at Silver Platters and picked up Howard McGillin's solo CD, "Where Time Stands Still," The Musical of Musicals:  The Musical! and Anna Karenina:  The Audio Musical with Lorna Dallas and Andrea Burns (the only people on this recording that I've heard of.  I won't be able to listen to any of these until tomorrow at work.  Right now I'm listening (and recording) Sunset Boulevard then the Sondheim Concert and hopefully, tonight's chat.  After that, I'll be house-sitting for a friend for the next three weeks.  She and her fiancé have Internet so I'll be able to stay in touch with no problem.  So that's where I am. ;D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2004, 03:31:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2004, 03:33:32 PM »

Chat in a mere ninety minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2004, 03:43:45 PM »

And one for Mahler.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2004, 03:52:35 PM »

Anyway, on Friday, I got a CD through eBay.  The original Broadway cast recording of The Human Comedy, music by Galt McDermot (composer of Hair) and lyrics by Bill Dumaresq.  The only performers that I've heard of are Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Anne Marie Bobby, Rex Smith, Kathleen Rowe McAllen and two of "The Townspeople," Donna Murphy and Cass Morgan.

DR George, I saw HUMAN COMEDY at the Public and loathed  it, Im sorry to say.  Stephen Geoffries of the movie FRIGHT NIGHT was in it, along with Gordon Connell, Jane's husband.  My date and I walked into the lobby after the show and read the review from the TIMES and I said, what did he see that I didn't?  I had a friend in it, long gone from AIDS, and he was the Equity rep.
I look forward to your impressions.

Dear Friend BK, according to my clock, it's two hours and 10 minutes to Chat!

Robin

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2004, 04:00:29 PM »

The Significant Other and myself went to see Goodbye, Lenin! today.  It's not the laff riot the trailers lead one to believe, but it's a wonderful and touching film.  You know, sometimes it's refreshing in itself to see a film in which you recognize no familiar faces.  

I was going to watch the latest episode of Star Trek: Enterprise today, but I mistakenly recorded the latest episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit! over it.  And wouldn't you know, it's the episode the esteemed BK appears in!
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2004, 04:21:21 PM »

Chat in a mere one hundred minutes.  I was busy piddling and twiddling and got the time wrong.  Then I resolved, and now we're back where we belong, like Dolly.

I have only one question: Where in tarnation IS everyone?

Tomovoz

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2004, 04:42:08 PM »

Back from the Tarnation post Office where I collected my copy of "Star" and my double CD of this year's Eurovison Song Contest entrants. (The contest is in 2 weeks time but all the songs are available). Will this be the year of another "Love Is Blue" or "Volare". Will the show produce another "River Dance" to drive the world insane?
I think North America misses out on this European (mostly ) production of kitch which has kept us entertained and amused since 1956. OZ even gets the delayed telecast in Prime Time. This year the final is in Istanbul (not Constantinople). It is a fair bet that Denmark will allocate it top votes to Iceland and vice versa. Last year the UK song got no votes at all!
Aren't you fascinated by all that.
(It's really all for MBarnum).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »

Wow, I am back and we're still not on Page Four. :(

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2004, 05:06:10 PM »

The excitement of my Eurovision post has brought 8 people to the board! Wow! Eight people to post.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up