Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FABULOUSSSS  (Read 8579 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: FABULOUSSSS
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »

DR Elmore if your music bothers the oaf so much maybe you should play it LOUDER!

Peter Filichia recently wrote a column about being bothered by someone playing loud rap music outside his apartment. He responded by playing the soundtrack of "Sound of Music" even louder. Very funny piece.

I know that just thinking about hearing "I Am Sixteen ..." is enough to scare me away.

Here's a link:

http://www.theatermania.com/peterfilichia/index.cfm?date=20100806
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Page Six "Give me a C, a bouncy C" dance
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2010, 06:13:41 PM »

Richard took me out to dinner tonight - Skyline Chili.  I had a small 4-way bean with the cheese on the side.  It's amazing how little of that cheese I actually used.  Then we walked down the block for a frozen yogurt - small choc/vanilla swirl cone.  Big Saturday night in M'town!

I had Skyline when I was in Louisville a couple of weeks ago. Forgot just how mighty fine that stuff is.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

Richard took me out to dinner tonight - Skyline Chili.  I had a small 4-way bean with the cheese on the side.  It's amazing how little of that cheese I actually used.  Then we walked down the block for a frozen yogurt - small choc/vanilla swirl cone.  Big Saturday night in M'town!

Wow! It's like a clock winding down.

Well, DR Elmore, considering where I was last Saturday night, it was a pretty big deal.  He offered to take me across the street for a tattoo, but I showed him my right arm and said I'd grown my own.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »

Well, things went well in the Hill Country today. Stopped at Ronnie's BBQ in Johnson City, a hole in the wall with the best ribs in the biz. And the owner had just brought in two or three slabs from the grill. They were still sizzling in the center. So, when he asked which end I wanted them cut from, I just pointed to the center. They were perfectly seasoned, practically falling off the bone and just right. Without the sauce, that is. It tasted like doctored ketchup. So, the less said about that the better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

Wow! It's like a clock winding down.

Well, DR Elmore, considering where I was last Saturday night, it was a pretty big deal.  He offered to take me across the street for a tattoo, but I showed him my right arm and said I'd grown my own.
That could be a new trend: homegrown tattoos.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

Hill Country weather was hot, hot, hot. Walking from the car to the wine center was like watching an ice cream cone melt at fast forward speed. Thankfully, the rose' wines were cool and the three sold-out panels were attentive. They seemed like they wanted to hear what we had to say. That's different from years ago when they just wanted to drink heavy red wines and complain about rose'.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »

DR Matthew, great news about the non-dairy day. Hope that is the answer.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2010, 06:25:25 PM »

BK, would it take very long to traverse Laurel Canyon Blvd. from Ventura, should I deem to visit Amoeba tomorrow?

If you want to visit Amoeba Laurel Canyon is not the way to do so.  Just take the 101 south all the way into Hollywood - exit at Cahuenga and turn right (going south) - you'll pass Hollywood Blvd. then come to Sunset - Amoeba is on the southeast corner - if you pass Sunset the Amoeba parking lot will be on your left almost immediately.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2010, 06:26:18 PM »

Of course, thanks to the errant and truant Pogue, I have my very own supply of Skyline Chili.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »

I went over to the Daily Grill and had the grilled artichoke and the small chopped salad - just right.  I had matzo brei for breakfast and did three miles so I think I'm perfectly fine, calorie-wise.  Now to watch a motion picture in high definitions on the DVR.

Laura

« Reply #161 on: August 14, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »

Has anyone here ever flown on Allegiant Airlines?
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #162 on: August 14, 2010, 06:40:18 PM »

Has anyone here ever flown on Allegiant Airlines?
Never heard of it.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

They have a way of adding lots of fees. We just wonder what other fee will be added once we arrive at the airport.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2010, 07:19:21 PM »

Matthew, did you say this was your in-laws who are visiting?

Yes, the DP's Mom and his niece (14) and nephew (11)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2010, 07:21:11 PM »

DR Matthew I'm very happy to learn you are doing better.

Thanks, DR Jane :)   Still keep your fingers crossed

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »

Here is something fascinating - I may have known this but probably forgot - Mr. James Thurber and I have something more in common than me owning an original classic Thurber cartoon - we share the same birthday.

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2010, 07:44:10 PM »

Off to bed for me - see y'all tomorrow!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »

Loved the pictures from both Ginny and Cilla!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2010, 08:02:02 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #170 on: August 14, 2010, 08:10:46 PM »

Today has been a very hot day, here in the Olympia/Tumwater area.  I slept in...although I went to bed very late, so I really didn't get as much sleep as I would've hoped.  Last night, I came home and without even turning on the TV, I decided to peruse the CastRecL digest e-mails that I've been getting.  I had about 260 unread messages (out of 353 messages total)!  That goes all the way back to last Thanksgiving!  I certainly didn't read every message within every e-mail digest, but I read all the topics, and checked out the ones that I was interested in.  It took me about five, count 'em FIVE HOURS to get down to 58 unread messages.  I don't plan to ever go that long without keeping up with them, again. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »

Today, I didn't have to go to work!  I actually got worked all my time within the regular work week!  So, I slept in.  After waking, feeding the cat, showering and dressing (in that order ;)), I went to the garage sales of a couple of my friends.  The first place that I went was Michael and Heather's.  Heather played Joyce in The Brain

George

« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »

I really had no plans to buy anything, but the impulse-shopping bug reared its ugly head and I bought a cup.  Not just any cup, but an actual silver-plated President's Cup award!  It's engraved:

Gray's Harbor C. C.
Presidents Cup
ALEX ROSENKRANTZ

Neither Heather nor Michael knew who Alex Rosenkrantz was (or is), and I forgot to ask how they got it, but I like silver, so I bought it. 

George

« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »

It was very tarnished.  Here's what it looked like when I got it:

George

« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »

And here's what it looks like now, after I spent about 15 minutes or so polishing it:

:D

George

« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2010, 08:22:23 PM »

It's still not absolutely perfect (I think that it's been used as a prop in some plays), but it's a lot better than it was, and it's pretty cool.

George

« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »

What's funny is that they still had a newspaper clipping with it:

George

« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2010, 08:33:52 PM »

After that, I went to the garage sale for my friends Rob and Chad.  Rod was the Narrator and one of the Muscle boys.  I bought an ergonomic keyboard and a 60-disc CD player...all for $12!  The silver cup was only $5.  Chad didn't have the power cord or the remote, which is needed to program the CD player, but he says he has them and will find them.  Score!

George

« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2010, 08:37:25 PM »

And now, I need to go to my sister's house and her boyfriend's apartment to feed their cats.  They and my niece have gone to Vancouver, BC for some film festival and general vacationing. 

George

« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up