Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MUSICALS 101  (Read 11033 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: MUSICALS 101
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »

There are no winners or losers in THE TOILET PAPER GAME.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »

Today's Page Three dance is a rerun:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

Just a reminder that SOUTH PACIFIC will be rebroadcast on Sunday afternoon. 

-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2010, 12:03:58 PM »

I just got a review copy of HARRY BROWN w/Michael Caine.

I hear it's pretty good, sort of a British DEATH WISH.
You can dream…or you can do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2010, 12:05:55 PM »

Last night I tried my darnedest to watch THE OPPOSITE SEX but I could not get past Dick Shawn's "Girls! Girls! Girls!" number.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2010, 12:07:27 PM »

Actually, Dick Shawn's "Girls! Girls! Girls!" number was the breaking point of watching THE OPPOSITE SEX.  What an awful movie!
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »

If someone who recorded SOUTH PACIFIC on one of their electronic devices could make me a copy, that would be very nice.

I recorded it.  I can make you a DVD.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »

If someone who recorded SOUTH PACIFIC on one of their electronic devices could make me a copy, that would be very nice.

George,I would Love To Have A DVD also.Is That Possible?

George

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »

George,I would Love To Have A DVD also.Is That Possible?

It's Very Possible! :D Just PM me your address.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 12:27:05 PM »

Anyone else?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »

I would LOVE a copy to share with my family, George. I need to get one of those Comcast recorder things because I can't record directly to DVD. Somehow the cable companies know how to thwart you that way for so have to buy their recorder.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »

Even though there were lots of flubs and some bad TD, since I saw the show in NY it would be neat to have a copy to remember it by. One of the things that impressed me most, live and on tape, were how quick and seamlessly the stage crew did the set changes.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »

I would LOVE a copy to share with my family, George. I need to get one of those Comcast recorder things because I can't record directly to DVD. Somehow the cable companies know how to thwart you that way for so have to buy their recorder.

My Comcast DVR doesn't burn DVDs.  I have a separate (non-high-def) DVD burner hooked up like a VCR.  I got it on eBay and it's several years old.  But what's great about it is that it has a hard drive, so I can edit on it.  I can't make fancy chapter menus, but I can cut out commercials.  New DVD burners seem to no longer have hard drives...they just record directly to a blank DVD with no editing capabilities. :P

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 01:31:52 PM »

My Comcast DVR doesn't burn DVDs.  I have a separate (non-high-def) DVD burner hooked up like a VCR.  I got it on eBay and it's several years old.  But what's great about it is that it has a hard drive, so I can edit on it.  I can't make fancy chapter menus, but I can cut out commercials.  New DVD burners seem to no longer have hard drives...they just record directly to a blank DVD with no editing capabilities. :P

WHat I wish is that Comcast would allow one to copy a recording from the DVR to a home PC in order to edit and then burn.  That would be ideal!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »

I guess that would be my I Want song.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »

"I want
What I want
When I want it!"
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »

Vixmom wanted a bread bag. She got ahold of one and is carrying it around the house. Strange.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »

WHat I wish is that Comcast would allow one to copy a recording from the DVR to a home PC in order to edit and then burn.  That would be ideal!

My sister's boyfriend can do this...and does!  He said that he'd loan me his laptop and show me how to burn DVDs that are better quality than what my DVD burner can do.  I think that this will be the perfect opportunity for me to learn how to do this. :)

Michael

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »

Can I get on The Bandwagon, I too would LOVE a copy

The Bandwagon is on DVD. I have it. I can lend it to you.

Thanks Michael -But I meant a copy of the PBS SOUTH PACIFIC

Whoops. Misread it.
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »

Something sort of wonderful just happened via a phone conversation that gave me real epiphany. I apologize for talking in riddles, but I have to say it was a revelation I desperately needed. Now, how to proceed?

Does this mean the murder for hire plot is proceeding?   ;D

Only after you sign the life insurance policy I put into the post an hour ago.

I was actually thinking of the Macbeths, but you should consult DW Wife Betsy if you're planning mine, as she may have some excellent ideas.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »

Something sort of wonderful just happened via a phone conversation that gave me real epiphany. I apologize for talking in riddles, but I have to say it was a revelation I desperately needed. Now, how to proceed?

Does this mean the murder for hire plot is proceeding?   ;D

Only after you sign the life insurance policy I put into the post an hour ago.

I was actually thinking of the Macbeths, but you should consult DW Wife Betsy if you're planning mine, as she may have some excellent ideas.  :)

I've got a little list!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2010, 03:49:45 PM »

A mere 3 1/2 years after the fact, I've finally received the item I supposedly won from Alexander Auctions in 2006.  After telling me I had won, they informed me they had actually sold it to someone else.  That person listed it on eBay and I got it from him.  Bastard person.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »

A mere 3 1/2 years after the fact, I've finally received the item I supposedly won from Alexander Auctions in 2006.  After telling me I had won, they informed me they had actually sold it to someone else.  That person listed it on eBay and I got it from him.  Bastard person.  ;)

Congrats!  But did you have to pay much more than your original "winning" bid?

JMK

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:47 PM »

Congrats!  But did you have to pay much more than your original "winning" bid?

Not much, IIRC.  Plus it's mounted now with a nice reproduction of a picture.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »

I don't really think we should be on page three, do you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »

Much speculation on the boards about our next release.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2010, 04:39:48 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »

I've been relaxing and doing a few things, like writing a blurb (I really want to make sure people understand that they NEED to have this).  On the other hand, I can tell you very clearly that I'm in the process of not selling to any more overseas dealers - one of the online dealers will be doing that, if we work out the details so that both of us are happy.  If that happens, which I'd like, and which I'll know about tomorrow, then I can assure you this will sell out in one day, two at the most, because said dealer has already committed to a very large number and between that and my other US dealers, it will be over pretty quickly.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2010, 04:40:31 PM »

I also ate, did errands and whatnot (a measly one package and no important envelopes) and now I'm going to watch something, then do my jog as soon as it cools off a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »

Another interesting show in terms of Musicals 101 is Carousel.  What creative team today would give the show's first song to a supporting character, so that you think the supporting character is perhaps the lead?  When I Marry Mr. Snow is very unusual in that regard, but it works perfectly, doesn't it?  They would fail the BMI workshop if they tried it today.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up