Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ARBITRARY  (Read 10821 times)

Cillaliz

Re: ARBITRARY
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »

PAGE 6!!!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2010, 06:23:22 PM »

We have to be above the all time low now

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2010, 07:01:15 PM »

I have to leave.  I have one of my stomach aches, not too dreadful this time.  At least it isn't ruining any fun plans & I should be fine after I relax with a heating pad.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2010, 07:01:22 PM »

'night

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »

What the hell happened to page 3 to drag it into something beyond Cinemascope?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:23 PM »

Feel better Jane

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:53 PM »

Hi DotM, why do you keep coming back here?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »

I have returned from seeing a new comedy, with a musical comedy sequence written by Larry Grossman and Ryan Cunningham, titled IT MUST BE HIM, written by Kenny Solms, one of the writers for "The Carol Burnett Show." The comedy is a biographcal gay comedy, based - I assume - on Mr Solms' life and romantic entanglements. Peter Scolari has the lead, and he's good. He carries the whole play; I don't think he ever leaves the stage. Alice Playten and Bob Ari, looking like Lou Jacobi, play his dead parents who haunt his nightmares, and they and the ensemble cast are quite wonderful. The play is slight, about an hour and fifteen minutes long, but full of heart and good humor, but I wish it had a little more depth. The biggest problem for me is that it loses its momentum in the delays to get into and out of the scenery for the musical comedy sequence. The loss in momentum is not a good thing for a fast comedy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 07:37:37 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »

Hi DotM, why do you keep coming back here?
I have two thoughts:
  1. All dressed up and nowhere to go
  2. Looking for trouble

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2010, 08:30:18 PM »

Is anyone here thinking of going back to the theater to see the new AVATAR?

Maybe, since I didn't see it the first time!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2010, 08:32:00 PM »

TCB, I hope you feel better soon!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »

MRSA being a pain always reminds me of what a pain the Mercer film was. Tomorrow we'll see if it wins an Emmy. All the Turner entries are things I worked on: THE CLOSER, MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE and Mercer. So I'm rooting for the TNT shows and not expecting much for Mercer. I was shocked that it even got nominated!

Edisaurus

« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »

This week has been a grueling but productive one; the trees maintenance and subsequent destruction of part of my garden and trying to do damage control...piano tuner...and the painter has been here this week to work on 3 projects with us. I was priming wood in the near-dark during a storm tonight. Good times!

Edisaurus

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:34 PM »

TOD: That historic house that Shuler Hensley had looked really cool: can't find the article about it. I also wouldn't mind Michael Burns' house that's for sale. Of course, I'd need lots of cash to maintain these places. I also love the coast of Wales, where they shot THE PRISONER.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »

I haven't seen the "old" Avatar yet
Ditto. And I don't feel as if I missed anything.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

Ah...here's the article about Shuler Hensley's house:

http://www.nypost.com/p/creature_comfort_wegZgJxsTE2a0MX5rEfSlK

John G.

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2010, 08:48:49 PM »

Dancing was fun, but on the way there I began to feel as if something I had eaten for dinner was going to bother me all evening. And it did. Still, I managed a few fun dances and enjoyed seeing some old friends I hadn't seen for at least two years.

One asked if I were still working at the newspaper. After I said I had been laid off 18 months ago, I realized that they are yet another couple who don't read the paper and how irrelevant it is to the loves of most people in the region. Sad statement to make.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »

Actually there are lots of places I could live and be happy, but ever since I moved into this house I really haven't thought about living anywhere else.

John G.

« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2010, 08:51:29 PM »

BK, yesterday you posted something about a petty, pathetic mother selling her son's autographed copy of one of the Kriterzland novels for a few bucks and how it should have gone to his partner. Well, if you know how to get in touch with the partner, I'd be glad to pay the few bucks and forward it on to the man.

I'd also like to include a note to the mother about what charity, kindness and forgiveness are supposed to mean. And how many light years she falls short of the mark.

That post has been nagging at me all day.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:29 PM »

I talked to my sister tonight.  It was a pleasant conversation, but I'm glad I'm here and not there

John G.

« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

Actually there are lots of places I could live and be happy, but ever since I moved into this house I really haven't thought about living anywhere else.

That's the best comment posted so far on the TOD. My house is a bit too filthy at the moment for me to have made such a statement. But on the rare occasion that it's clean, I do agree with you.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »

With that, I bid you all good night.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2010, 09:45:24 PM »

Thank you for answering my question from yesterday. I was in meetings for two days and didn't have internet access again until tonight.

Tonight we were at the end of the runway in place to take off, and a teenage boy across the aisle and up a few seats became ill. As soon as they announced we were going back to the gate for a medical emergency, a doctor stepped up to help the flight attendants until the paramedics got on board. Then just before we landed, we had to circle over Phoenix waiting for the thunderstorms to pass before we could come in to land.

That's all the exciting things I have to post about.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2010, 09:46:43 PM »

That, and, of course, that "A Night At The Opera" came up in one of my meetings.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »

For all those who've asked for South Pacific DVDs, Larry, my sister's boyfriend will come over to my place later this afternoon with his laptop and show me how to make a widescreen DVD!  It'll still be standard-def, but it'll be better than what I can do on my own (a "Fame" and Les Miz reference ;)).

Well, Larry just left and act one has been recorded.  Act two is recording right now.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

Between fiddling with my audiobook iPod and trying to learn to use the timer on my new sport watch, I'm not really sure how long I walked today - maybe about 20 minutes?

Great job!  I'm just about to take a shower and then walk to work...it's only about 15 minutes, but then I have to walk back. :)

Yeah, but I was aiming for 26 minutes today.  Ah, well, I'll try again tomorrow!

As it turns out, I didn't walk to work at all...so your 15 minutes got me beat.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

That's how I feel about my place, also.  It's not fancy by ANY stretch of the imagination, but it's mine...and the bank's. ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:18:57 PM by George »

DotM

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »

BK, yesterday you posted something about a petty, pathetic mother selling her son's autographed copy of one of the Kriterzland novels for a few bucks and how it should have gone to his partner. Well, if you know how to get in touch with the partner, I'd be glad to pay the few bucks and forward it on to the man.

I'd also like to include a note to the mother about what charity, kindness and forgiveness are supposed to mean. And how many light years she falls short of the mark.

Richard Valley's mother is more than 80 years old. She would not begrudge Tom Amorosi any memorabilia that belonged to Richard. If she is selling his collection, it is with Amorosi's blessing. Amorosi was never really interested in the mystery/horror/sf genres.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »

BK - Kelly Ground auditioned for me today.  I noticed she had the "Simply Sondheim" concert on her resume and the website for Kritzerland for the recording.  She was ok, but not my favorite.

Don't remember her too much - and, of course, I didn't really have anything to do with that show other than my pal Guy Haines making an appearance and putting out the CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »

Richard Valley's mother is more than 80 years old. She would not begrudge Tom Amorosi any memorabilia that belonged to Richard. If she is selling his collection, it is with Amorosi's blessing. Amorosi was never really interested in the mystery/horror/sf genres.

Some of these books are signed to Richard AND Tom - and if you knew whereof you spoke you'd know just how Tom was treated after Richard passed.  You'd best go back to lurking, my friend.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:47:19 PM by bk »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up