Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUN-ON NOTES  (Read 11950 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE RUN-ON NOTES
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »

Why are there so many thousands of cords and wires for the TV, DVR, DVD player, and telphones.

Does dealing with all of those cords give anyone else an anxiety attack? Whew, I was a mess getting all this crap hooked up.

And I still have one extra cord. That can't be good.

DR MBarnum, is your home telephone still the same? I don't want to have a horrid surprise when my caller ID doesn't know who's tormenting torturing calling me.

Indeed, all of my phone numbers have remained the same.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »

Finished watching Le Cercle Rouge and am not in the mood to do another film, even though it's early enough to do so.  Don't know what I feel like doing.  I guess I can tell the story I was going to tell before, an astonishing tale of stupidity and entitlement the likes of which I've never seen.  Because I'd worked all day and jogged two and a half miles, which pretty much worked off some of my lunch, which wasn't that huge, I decided to treat myself to an apple fritter.  So, I drove over to Yum Yum Donuts.  I pulled into the parking lot but another car was determined to get there first, and with screeching tires and blocking everything so that he and his girlfriend could park first, they did so.  I parked and came into the store to find this very ugly idiot and his plain girlfriend lambasting the very nice Hispanic girl behind the counter. 

From what I could glean it seems these two were there at some point, perhaps the night before.  The girl had felt ill and asked to use the restroom.  Only there is no public restroom at Yum Yum Donuts, as is sometimes the case with places like that.  There is, of course, an employee-only bathroom, but the employees are forbidden to allow anyone to use it - that's the way it works.  They don't know who people are - these people could have been robbers, or crazy, or rapists.  Anyway, as she should, the employee said she was sorry but couldn't let the girl back there.  According to them, the girl then went outside and threw up.  They were furious - they said it was against the law to refuse the girl in an emergency.  Yeah, right.  They demanded the girl's name, the store phone number, the manager's name and threatened legal action.  Yeah, right. 

This ugly twit would not shut up - and I, a customer waiting to order, had to stand there like so much fish.  Well, they finally left.  I commiserated with the nice Hispanic girl and she gave me the rest of the story that the idiot fellow had conveniently left out.  They hadn't even been customers!  They'd pulled in, come into the store and demanded the use of the restroom.  That's right, you heard correctly - they hadn't purchased anything, they had no intention of purchasing anything, it was just their RIGHT to come barging in and make a demand, a demand that the employee could not meet without losing her job.  But that's not all.  The girl was sick because - she was DRUNK.  Sloppy, disgusting DRUNK.  Can you imagine the chutzpah of these two cretins?  First of all, had they driven another forty-five seconds down Magnolia they would have come to an Arco station that has a - wait for it - public restroom. 

I hope these idiots actually try to do something - can you imagine a lawyer listening to this story?  It is to laugh.  Karma will take care of these two buffoons.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:01 PM »

Just listened to both cd 1 and cd 2 of Sugar.  Yummy, cd 2 of course.  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:55 PM »

I am somewhat partial to Guy Haines singing Penniles Bums.  :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »

MEGA VIBES for everyone who needs them for their health.  ;)

FJL

« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »

A show that consistently earns $850,000 to $1,000,000 (suggesting it should logically be returning $300,000 to $400,000 of investment on average) - had better be able to forecast a recoupment after 40 weeks.

(Hasn't it only been about 25 weeks so far?)

FJL

« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »

Kudos to BK on the Robert Morse Facebook note

FJL

« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »

Yay, Elmore

Sam

« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »

I did all my errands today.  Car wash, laundry, market, nursery.  Just in case you needed to know.  ???

I'm hoping the reflective tape I put in the palm tree over my car takes care of the (rats with wings) pigeon poop.  I have to clean if off every night after the sun goes down.  This is my parking space under the overhead light I leave on all night.  

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2010, 09:05:14 PM »

the vixter is very excited - our new Pastor is being officailly installed tomorrow afternoon - he called and asked her to carry the  in the processional and be at his side throughout the ceremony holding the  lectionary..she is also to read the first lesson

th ceremony is at the same time and 20 miles away from my cousin's daughter's baby shower....MY mom is none too pleased we are attending church  rather than the shower
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Sam

« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »

Someone on this here site mentioned earthquake along the West Coast a few days ago, so just in paranoia I picked up some emergency water and nonperishable food at the market also.  ;)

Sam

« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2010, 09:11:14 PM »

Well, it's movie time.  Decisions, decisions, maybe one with a hunky guy, maybe a comedy, maybe a sci-fi.

Better think about how long I can stay awake first.

Have a good Sunday everyone.  8)

Sam

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »

Night everyone.  Sweet dreams.  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:08 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from the ballet.  -And it was quite a good program presented tonight at and by the New York City Ballet: All Balanchine, All Stravinsky.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2010, 09:48:39 PM »

And it's also quite a beautiful night in New York City too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »

bk - That's a great note from Robert Morse!  Sounds like the perfect blurb to place on a sticker for the second pressing of Sugar! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2010, 09:52:10 PM »

Hmmm... HHW seems a bit slow(er) right now (12:43pm EDT).
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #197 on: September 18, 2010, 09:54:16 PM »

DR elmore - Yeah! :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #198 on: September 18, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »

DR Cillaliz - When "waffles" has one "f", it's spelled "wafels" - which is the Belgian spelling. A "wafle", well... Just doesn't exist. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »

In other news, I'm already a bit sleepy and I have a slight headache, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »

I'm just being lazy after a really full day of prepping a release.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: September 18, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »

Fast.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: September 18, 2010, 10:10:56 PM »

I was wrong - medium.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2010, 10:37:53 PM »

I'm watching "Napoleon Dynamite" that I got from Netflix.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #204 on: September 18, 2010, 11:09:59 PM »

I just put the sauerbraten to marinade for a couple of days.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: September 18, 2010, 11:11:02 PM »

I got distracted from the job at hand, so I still have more to do to get ready for the auditor.  I brought all that home and am thinking about diving in and doing it tonight so I can have all day and tomorrow night without having to work on office stuff

Vibes you finish your work quickly and accurately, Cilla!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks TCB.. There were a few little mistakes months ago that I got too frustrated about finding and of course now it was even harder to sort it out, but I think I finally got it done.  Like I said no biggie, just those frustrating transposition type mistakes. I'll do the final step tomorrow and I'll be ready for both the auditor on Monday and the new accountant on Tuesday.  then I should never had to do this again!

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: September 18, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »

Glad the session went well, Elmore

Thank you. The Dutch letters were a huge hit today at the studio and everyone now knows about the Jaarsma Bakery. I believe I owe that information to you.

Yes, it's in Pella, where my Dutch relatives came from.   Glad everyone enjoyed the letters!

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: September 18, 2010, 11:17:30 PM »

Finished watching Le Cercle Rouge and am not in the mood to do another film, even though it's early enough to do so.  Don't know what I feel like doing.  I guess I can tell the story I was going to tell before, an astonishing tale of stupidity and entitlement the likes of which I've never seen.  Because I'd worked all day and jogged two and a half miles, which pretty much worked off some of my lunch, which wasn't that huge, I decided to treat myself to an apple fritter.  So, I drove over to Yum Yum Donuts.  I pulled into the parking lot but another car was determined to get there first, and with screeching tires and blocking everything so that he and his girlfriend could park first, they did so.  I parked and came into the store to find this very ugly idiot and his plain girlfriend lambasting the very nice Hispanic girl behind the counter. 

From what I could glean it seems these two were there at some point, perhaps the night before.  The girl had felt ill and asked to use the restroom.  Only there is no public restroom at Yum Yum Donuts, as is sometimes the case with places like that.  There is, of course, an employee-only bathroom, but the employees are forbidden to allow anyone to use it - that's the way it works.  They don't know who people are - these people could have been robbers, or crazy, or rapists.  Anyway, as she should, the employee said she was sorry but couldn't let the girl back there.  According to them, the girl then went outside and threw up.  They were furious - they said it was against the law to refuse the girl in an emergency.  Yeah, right.  They demanded the girl's name, the store phone number, the manager's name and threatened legal action.  Yeah, right. 

This ugly twit would not shut up - and I, a customer waiting to order, had to stand there like so much fish.  Well, they finally left.  I commiserated with the nice Hispanic girl and she gave me the rest of the story that the idiot fellow had conveniently left out.  They hadn't even been customers!  They'd pulled in, come into the store and demanded the use of the restroom.  That's right, you heard correctly - they hadn't purchased anything, they had no intention of purchasing anything, it was just their RIGHT to come barging in and make a demand, a demand that the employee could not meet without losing her job.  But that's not all.  The girl was sick because - she was DRUNK.  Sloppy, disgusting DRUNK.  Can you imagine the chutzpah of these two cretins?  First of all, had they driven another forty-five seconds down Magnolia they would have come to an Arco station that has a - wait for it - public restroom. 

I hope these idiots actually try to do something - can you imagine a lawyer listening to this story?  It is to laugh.  Karma will take care of these two buffoons.

Um...yeah...I guess I just did listen to this story...well I read it anyway ;)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #208 on: September 18, 2010, 11:17:44 PM »

I just put the sauerbraten to marinade for a couple of days.

oooooooooooooooooooh

when I was a teenager I was good friends with a girl whose parents were from Germany - her Mom made a saurbraten that was out of this world

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: September 18, 2010, 11:19:06 PM »

DR Cillaliz - When "waffles" has one "f", it's spelled "wafels" - which is the Belgian spelling. A "wafle", well... Just doesn't exist. ;)

Touche' ....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up