Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: DO ELBOWS BLEED?  (Read 10719 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: DO ELBOWS BLEED?
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »

Oh, to DR Jennifer and anyone with friends/family in Canada who might like JEWS AND BASEBALL, please let them know that we're opening in Toronto and Montreal tomorrow. To see the trailer: http://www.jewsandbaseball.com/trailer.html

We've been getting great reviews from bloggers and the Jewish press, and the general consensus is that you don't have to be Jewish or a baseball fan to really enjoy it. So please spread the word! We need a big weekend for the film to spread out further.

Thank you!

There was an ad for the movie in the paper today!   It said that it is playing at one theatre in Montreal.  It's not near where I live. But there is a large Jewish community there.

Cool! I hope we'll get some decent press/reviews, apart from the ad. Thanks, Jennifer!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

In regards to Tyler Clementi's tragic death, I just hope and pray that his family and friends are able to grieve in their own way and in private(!) over the next couple of days and weeks. Sadly, with all of the media attention being paid to the situation - and the circumstances leading up to his death DO deserve attention - I'm afraid they're going to be dealing with microphones and cameras being shoved in their faces whenever they're out in public.
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »

I'm listening to THE UNFORGIVEN/THE WAY WEST.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:15 AM »

In regards to Tyler Clementi's tragic death, I just hope and pray that his family and friends are able to grieve in their own way and in private(!) over the next couple of days and weeks. Sadly, with all of the media attention being paid to the situation - and the circumstances leading up to his death DO deserve attention - I'm afraid they're going to be dealing with microphones and cameras being shoved in their faces whenever they're out in public.

I wish them all the best; they've had to deal with enough horrors in the past few days. My wish is that they can handle the mess as well as Matthew Shepard's family did.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »

In Joel Grey news. Isn't he a bit old to play Moonface?  Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Grey, but Moonface??

He may be "a bit old" in "real life" to play Moonface, but whenever he's on stage - or even just walking on the UWS or in Hell's Kitchen -  Mr. Grey is still quite ageless, timeless.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2010, 11:44:17 AM »

So, the floors are vacuumed and mopped and the laundry's in the dryers. I hope everything dries and I get everything back from the laundromat before the next burst of rain. I have an hour to go and it's getting dark outside. Oy!

DR Jose, keep Saturday evening, Oct 16, free.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2010, 11:50:05 AM »

mega conga-rats to DR George on the promotion to supervisor! That is wonderful!!!

Thanks, Michael!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »

Congratulations to George on his new job. Need help moving to your new office? :-)

Probably, but I don't think that the library will fly you out just to move me to the next cubicle. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »

Hello, everyone.

CONGRATS to Amy on her new vampire duties.  ;)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2010, 11:51:51 AM »

Vibes to Betsy's brother.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »

TOD:

I've always loved pasta and used to eat it frequently. It is not allergy-friendly, though, or cholesterol-friendly, or weight-friendly--at least for my body--so I don't eat it often now. I do still love fettuccine alfredo. The best fettuccine alfredo I've ever had was in Quebec at a little place called the Inn of the Black Sheep. Wonderful! I wasn't impressed with the pasta I had in Italy, but I was staying in--and eating in--real dives.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »

DR Jose, keep Saturday evening, Oct 16, free.

Oh, DR elmore - Right now, I'm supposed to be down in DC that weekend for a combo-birthday party for my brother, Mike, and my nephew, John Michael. My brother, Jay, will also be be in town from San Diego that weekend too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »

Yes, I hope they are given the privacy they need, but that's what the whole issue is about--privacy. What should be photographed and what shouldn't, what should be made public and what shouldn't. Privacy and tastefulness.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2010, 12:02:52 PM »

TOD:

I've always loved pasta and used to eat it frequently. It is not allergy-friendly, though, or cholesterol-friendly, or weight-friendly--at least for my body--so I don't eat it often now. I do still love fettuccine alfredo. The best fettuccine alfredo I've ever had was in Quebec at a little place called the Inn of the Black Sheep. Wonderful! I wasn't impressed with the pasta I had in Italy, but I was staying in--and eating in--real dives.

DR Jeanne - Well, they do make gluten-free and wheat-free pasta now, so... In regards to cholesterol, there are plenty of non-dairy, non-meat sauces out there are most definitely cholesterol-free. And, remember, olive oil is a "good fat" as well as cholesterol free (since it's not from an animal).  However, fettucine alfredo which is made with cream and cheese and butter, well, that's a totally different story.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »

Yes, I hope they are given the privacy they need, but that's what the whole issue is about--privacy. What should be photographed and what shouldn't, what should be made public and what shouldn't. Privacy and tastefulness.

And the related issue of bullying, cyber-bullying in particular.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2010, 12:08:29 PM »

Do we really need a 45th Anniversary Edition CD of "The Sound of Music"? Let alone one featuring "My Favorite Things" sung by Lea Michele?  -I wonder if she'll be auto-tuned? -Seriously, I wonder if she'll be auto-tuned.

*I like Lea Michele, but I'm pretty sure there will be a 50th Anniversary edition of the soundtrack.  Then a 55th? 60th? 65th?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:11:46 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »

Quote from: Jane on September 29, 2010, 07:30:52 PM
In the mail today, a brand new, never before watched DVD from NetFlix. 
IRON MAN 2.

From Cilla:
How do you know it's never been watched before?

It was mailed to us on the day it was released.

George

« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2010, 12:09:17 PM »

Last night, the hardcover was at 1,026,000-ish in the sales rank - this morning, 56,000.  With no discount!  Funnily, the softcover hasn't moved at all.

Congrats on the sales results!

George

« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »

DR Jose, have you heard anything about PeeWee's show? I'm getting ready to plunk for tickets for when I take my mom et al up, and was just wondering, before I spend almost $600...

I actually haven't heard much about it, and neither have a bunch of my friends. However, the general buzz seems to be that it can't be anything but good.  He's got a good ensemble, and most of the show is apparently based on the presentations he gave in L.A. earlier this year. -And it seems that everyone loved those. Classic Pee-Wee!

Alas, since it's a limited engagement, there are no discounts currently being offered.

AND it's the first show at the newly renamed Stephen Sondheim Theatre!

George

« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2010, 12:13:40 PM »

And in other news...

My second load of laundry is about to go into the dryer. -Now isn't that exciting! ;D

Last night, my cat threw up on my bed...I MUST do laundry tonight. :P

Just had to share.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2010, 12:15:06 PM »

Bruce, TERRIFIC INTERVIEW!!!   :)

George

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »

Betsy's eldest brother, a doctor, suffered a stroke yesterday.  He was not his own best patient and waited almost the whole day before his wife made him go to the ER.  He's had his MRI but is undergoing a bunch of other tests today.  He can speak pretty well, but has no use of his right hand.

~~~Vibes for Betsy's Brother and Family!!~~~

Jane

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2010, 12:22:45 PM »

Your interviewer seemed well prepared, BK--that's half the battle right there.

Very true. 

Jane

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »

Betsy's eldest brother, a doctor, suffered a stroke yesterday.  He was not his own best patient and waited almost the whole day before his wife made him go to the ER.  He's had his MRI but is undergoing a bunch of other tests today.  He can speak pretty well, but has no use of his right hand.

MEGA HEALTH VIBES FOR DW BETSY'S BROTHER!!

Jane

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »

Thanks for the vibes.  It turns out there's a history of strokes in Betsy's family that she knew nothing about.

:o  Thank goodness she eats well, still it is something to discuss with her next doctor's visit.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »

Never mind, found it:  Shawnee Smith.  I guess I remember her from "Becker," though that's odd because I never watched that show, LOL.

She was great in a sitcom from ages ago called "All Is Forgiven" with Bess Armstrong, Carol Kane and a few others. It was kind of like a Dick Van Dyke show in that it features the homelife of Armstrong, a soap writer, and then her life at work. Smith was Armstrong's step-daughter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »

I'm up and my elbow feels fine, save for the bruise.

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2010, 12:27:47 PM »

Back from a two-mile jog and shall now do some writing.

John G.

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2010, 12:28:37 PM »

BTW (by the way in internet speak) my doctor told me my blood sugars looked great (hurray...and rather suprising) but my cholesterol is way high (and he demanded to know why I stopped taking my cholesterol med...I had some lame excuse for him).

He also said that I am highly vitamin D deficient. Says that might be why I take two hour naps on my days off. I have to pick up some mega-dose prescription of vitamin D. We shall see what it does for me.

I need those naps, too. Maybe I'll ask the next time i have my blood checked.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »

MEGA HEALTH VIBES FOR DW BETSY'S BROTHER!!
Mega mega.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up