Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME AFTER TIME  (Read 14577 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: TIME AFTER TIME
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 08:00:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: NACREOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:   A STRING OF PEARLS

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »

AS IF BY WIZARDRY -PAGE 2

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:39 AM »

BK-

Did I Miss Something?

A couple of Days Ago You wrote that you were going to talk about The Joe Raposo/Sheldon Harnick Musical A WONDERFUL LIFE CD> I have heard several songs from this and really liked them. What's The Story?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2010, 08:15:45 AM »

Good morning.

I slept well enough, but was plagued by a seemingly continuous dream about the changing landscape of Pittsburgh.
I was working with catering folk from Carnegie Mellon in downtown Pittsburgh where there were Christmas Gift Buses being set up on the main streets downtown.  Double-decker buses decorated it red, green and gold, where people were boarding to get their gifts wrapped.
I had to leave downtown as my shift was over, but, I realized I did not have my car with me, so I took public transportation, which was a roller coaster around the suburbs of Pittsburgh.  There was also a tour guide aboard who was pointing out the sites along the way as well as the neighborhoods.  We went through a triple tunnel carved out of a mountain and crossed a river where we told we all had to disembark and travel the rest of our routes on foot.  I thought it very odd that I would have to walk twenty some miles to get home even though it was a bright sunshiny day.
From the point of the three rivers, I decided I would go a little piece up the Allegheny, where I would be able to get a ride from someone who worked at one of the restaurants I had worked at: Red Fin Blues.
To get to the restaurant, I had to make a leap off of a cliff-face into which a video store had been "carved."  The leap was astonishing smooth, as I landed on the flat metal awning of the video store, which had plastic sheets covering its windows.
I walked a couple of blocks to the open-air restaurant, sat down and was served by the naked owner:  well, the only nakedness I saw was his back, his legs and his torso - no face, no full-frontal, but, nude and serving several tables.  He served me a deep-fried key chain, with one key still intact.
I took the key with me, hugged the owner, thanking him and began the long trek home.

Have at that, dear readers!

TD-

As You Know I graduated From Carnegie Mellon(Carnegie Tech at that time) with a BFA in Drama(A Dramat)(A '56)

I have been searching my mind for the name of A Restaurant within walking distance of the campus on Forbes that I frequented frequently.

Can't remember. Only that that they served(amoung other things) A wonderful Steak.

Do You Remember Same and If You Do What Was The Name?

Thanks

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:47 AM »

Good morning.

I slept well enough, but was plagued by a seemingly continuous dream about the changing landscape of Pittsburgh.
I was working with catering folk from Carnegie Mellon in downtown Pittsburgh where there were Christmas Gift Buses being set up on the main streets downtown.  Double-decker buses decorated it red, green and gold, where people were boarding to get their gifts wrapped.
I had to leave downtown as my shift was over, but, I realized I did not have my car with me, so I took public transportation, which was a roller coaster around the suburbs of Pittsburgh.  There was also a tour guide aboard who was pointing out the sites along the way as well as the neighborhoods.  We went through a triple tunnel carved out of a mountain and crossed a river where we told we all had to disembark and travel the rest of our routes on foot.  I thought it very odd that I would have to walk twenty some miles to get home even though it was a bright sunshiny day.
From the point of the three rivers, I decided I would go a little piece up the Allegheny, where I would be able to get a ride from someone who worked at one of the restaurants I had worked at: Red Fin Blues.
To get to the restaurant, I had to make a leap off of a cliff-face into which a video store had been "carved."  The leap was astonishing smooth, as I landed on the flat metal awning of the video store, which had plastic sheets covering its windows.
I walked a couple of blocks to the open-air restaurant, sat down and was served by the naked owner:  well, the only nakedness I saw was his back, his legs and his torso - no face, no full-frontal, but, nude and serving several tables.  He served me a deep-fried key chain, with one key still intact.
I took the key with me, hugged the owner, thanking him and began the long trek home.

Have at that, dear readers!

A very strange dream indeed, td.  I like the deep-fried key chain.  Be careful where you post this dream.  If Tim Burton sees it, it could be his next film.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 08:56:33 AM »

It's about time to head to the studio. I've spent the past hour moving contents of drawers around and weeding out things for the next - yep! - shipment to Ohio.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »

I forgot to talk about Wonderful Life - I'll try to remember in tomorrow's notes.

Kerry

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:26 AM »

I thought DR VIXMOM wrote that she was a communism assistant today.

Communists probably need their assistants too, ya know!
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:47 AM »

I'm up - I think I got a good night's sleep because it's really nine-fifty not eight-fifty.

td

• td
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »

DR Arnold - the restaurant that springs immediately to mind is The Panther Hollow Inn on Forbes Avenue. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »

Yesterday, I made the journey north and east to see the new house built by my youngest cousin and her significant other in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains.  The home is stunning and has a breathtaking view that even JMK would envy.  The house is located on a ridge outside of Carnation, Washington.  When I arrived the house was enveloped in low hanging clouds, but shortly after dinner all of the clouds moved out to revveal the incredible view.  Did I remember to take my camera?  Of course not, that would be too logical.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

Also in attendance yesterday was my eldest cousin who turned 70 this year.  She still looks wonderful, and probably would be pegged as someone ten or fifteen years younger.  As always, we had a wonderful visit; and I drove home wondering (as I always do) why we don't get together more often.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2010, 09:10:36 AM »

BK-

Did I Miss Something?

A couple of Days Ago You wrote that you were going to talk about The Joe Raposo/Sheldon Harnick Musical A WONDERFUL LIFE CD> I have heard several songs from this and really liked them. What's The Story?

I played Uncle Billy in a production of the musical version of A WONDERFUL LIFE.  I enjoyed doing the show, and I like a lot of the music in it.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2010, 09:15:36 AM »

I feel bad for my sis. The kids woke up at like 5am.

Groan!

Jane

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »

Yesterday, I made the journey north and east to see the new house built by my youngest cousin and her significant other in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains.  The home is stunning and has a breathtaking view that even JMK would envy.  The house is located on a ridge outside of Carnation, Washington.  When I arrived the house was enveloped in low hanging clouds, but shortly after dinner all of the clouds moved out to revveal the incredible view.  Did I remember to take my camera?  Of course not, that would be too logical.

It sounds beautiful!!!  Since we are located at the beginning of the Cascade Mountains they are much smaller and have a completely different look than up in Washington.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 09:19:27 AM »

Great news about Tortie-Belle.  Soon we will have a tortie staying with us.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »

Good Morning! Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And I guess I really needed that extra hour.*
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

*Actually, I woke up at 8:30 - just in time to hear "The Puzzler" segment on NPR's "Weekend Edition", and then I proceeded to listen to the rest of the Sunday line-up on WNYC.

I was particularly caught up in this week's "Studio 360". It was part of their "American Icons" series, and today's icon was Buffalo Bill Cody.  It covers both the exploits of the real life Buffalo Bill, as well as the various fictional incarnations of Buffalo Bill. Quite a good listen.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2010, 10:31:13 AM »

And then...

Oatmeal topped with Bananas, Strawberries and some Scharffen Berger Cacao Nibs for some crunch.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:57 AM »

DR elmore - I hope your commute to and from The Academy is uneventful today. With the regularly scheduled track work on the subway coupled with the marathon, it could get a little "interesting" this afternoon once all the runners start to cross the finish line - and then try to hail a cab or jump on the subway or busses.

~~~~~VIBES FOR ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL RECORDING SESSION~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »

DR JOSE the Bernstein concert sounds most glorious.

I would have preferred a few cast changes.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 10:45:22 AM »

And now...

More laundry.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2010, 11:30:14 AM »

I watched a good film last night, THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ALICE CREED.

It's a low budget British kidnapping thriller with 2-3 surprising plot twists.

Only 3 characters in it.

A plot twist for each character!

I'll never tell.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »

Good afternoon.  I went to the office and realized I have enough time tomorrow to get the writing done I need to do, so i went to the mall.   After  my silly purging of "fat" clothes when I last lost weight, i managed to get rid of almost all my sweaters and didn't replace them last year.  I just had shells and jackets.  Ok for work not so much for casual hanging out. So I went to a great sale today and was amazed and how much I got for very little money.  Then I went to the only store I can find jeans that fit me.  They are too expensive in my mind, but they fit and are last.  Anyway, It's good to have that done.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »

Thanks everyone for the opening night vibes for Sunset Blvd  It was a great show, and people seem to love it.  Two more weekends of the show.  I'm very happy with the results, everyone has worked very hard to get us to this place.  I can honestly say that this production beats out my other "dream" show (Aspects of Love) as this production is tighter and a lot more fun.  Aspects was plagued with cast issues, and a much tougher score.  However, if I ever had a chance to do it again, I would in a second.  Time makes us wiser.

Happy Sunday!

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »

It's a beautiful day today - it's 68 degrees at 2:20 pm.  So, I'm about to go out and clean out the garage and put the outdoor furniture away for the winter

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »

I will admit that I would rather just sit in my chair and do nothing, but I hate to waste a beautiful day when there is outside work to get done...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 12:50:14 PM »

I finally had a chance to sit and read bk's wonderful tribute to Michelle. I had never seen her perform until I loaded in the footage form the benefit. Wow, what an amazing voice, and you never would have guessed that she was not in peak condition; her voice was amazing.

She will certainly be the soloist in the choir of heavenly angels!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »

OK, I'm trying to resize photos on photobucket so I'll post them here and see how they look. I'm afraid if I post them full size we'll end up in Cinemascope!®
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »

Vixmom and The Boys: Jose, Larry, Anthony and Ben!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up