Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SIMPLE AS PIE  (Read 18705 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SIMPLE AS PIE
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »

Feel better vibes for DRs Edi, Jane and all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2010, 03:15:43 PM »

Page Five dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »

Funny, I have read so many comments in these articles from people saying that they would never travel on Carnival Cruises anyway.  I wonder if they are aware that Carnival owns:

AIDA Cruises, Germany
Carnival Cruise Lines, United States
Costa Cruises, Italy
Cunard Line, United Kingdom
Holland America Line, United States
Ibero Cruises, Spain
Ocean Village, United Kingdom
P&O Cruises, United Kingdom
P&O Cruises Australia, Australia
Princess Cruises, United States
Seabourn Cruise Line, United States
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »

Cunard is, of course, the company that sails the Queen Victoria, the Quees Mary 2, and the newest ship. the Queen Elizabeth.

Cunard used to have a different name, The White Star Line; the same company that owned the Titanic.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:54 PM »

Good morning. I am sick; apparently I let my guard down so now I have the flu. And my computer is sick, too. There's apparently not enough room on the start-up disc for it to boot up. I had no warning other than Safari stopping work yesterday. Now I can't even get to the desktop to delete stuff. Argh. So I'll be making a trip to the Mac Genius Bar. :-(

~~~~~VIBES~~~AND~~~VIBES~~~~~

DR edisaurus - Do you have your OS X discs? You can start off from the DVD-ROMS. -And you may just need to borrow or buy an external hard-drive. -Even without enough room, it should still start up.

Are you able to start it in Safe Mode? -Hold down the Shift Key right after powering on.  It will take a while for the computer to boot up in Safe Mode, but it should boot up.  You could also try "Single-User" mode.

HERE is a breakdown of the various Start Up options:

Thanks for all the vibes!

I was only able to boot it up in safe mode once. Support recommended to restart it immediately, and after that, I could never get it to boot up in safe mode.

The Mac genius was able to boot it back up from his external drive and ran disk repair. There were some corrupt files, and he ran disc warrior (I had an old copy of that) and it seemed to fix things. Although it said the startup disc was full, there really was plenty of room. So I'll just keep backing up and keep an eye on it.

Thanks for all your advice; I'm going to save it for future reference!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »

Favorite 70's Soundtracks...some are not full scores, more of a selection of songs that served as the soundtrack:

The Rievers-John Williams
Cold Turkey-Randy Newman
Son of Dracula-Harry Nilsson
Amacord-Nino Rota
Harold and Maude-Cat Stevens
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Start The Revolution Without Me-John Addison

I did John Williams' Oscar campaign for THE RIEVERS

He should have won that one.  With all due respect to Mr. Bacharach, John's original score was some much better and richer than the one from BUTCH CASSIDY.

John Williams was robbed. He should have one! This was the first soundtrack that wasn't a musical that I ever remember buying.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2010, 03:30:32 PM »

And speaking of that cruise ship. My sister was freaking out because her bestfriend is currently on a Carnival cruise and last time they had had some problem. But alas luckily they are not on the ship with the fire.  I can't believe all the people are eating spam!

What about the people who can't eat spam?

i don't exactly know what spam is. But why wouldn't someone be able to eat it vs starving?

Spam is good! Especially musubi, which is basically spam sushi. They serve this at our Hawaiian BBQ restaurant. Yummy!

Edisaurus

« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »

I wish I was going to Portland tomorrow.  Unfortunately my back would never survive the three hour auto trip.

Such a shame about your back.  I wish I could go but I don't think my stomach can survive the flights.  I'm having enough trouble reading the posts without losing my lunch.

Ooops--guess I should have read this before posting about musubi...sorry, Jane!

Edisaurus

« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

Thanks for the flu vibes---I hope this will all be gone before I travel to LA. Not good to be coughing during an interview!

John G.

« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »

Last sunrise on South Padre. Great clouds.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2010, 03:49:08 PM »

Dawn's rosy fingers at work.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »

Thanks for the flu vibes---I hope this will all be gone before I travel to LA. Not good to be coughing during an interview!

It's even more socially maladroit to infect the interviewer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »

DR Laura, you have to kill John G; he's offering stiff competition in the pretty photo dept..
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »

DR Laura, you have to kill John G; he's offering stiff competition in the pretty photo dept..
No competition. Laura's photos are incredible. Mine are vacation, point-and-shoot shots. Wish you had been there, Laura, for the dolphins. My shots are fairly pathetic. Don't really know if I got anything while the dolphins did their tricks.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2010, 03:56:30 PM »

Went to the mattress store and tried out some mattresses. Gosh they are expensive!

I need a mattress and box springs for that twin bed frame in the guest room, and I need to replace that mattress on my full sized bed. I am told I need something much firmer and then I might sleep better. When I slept on the floor last weekend I slept very, very well!

However, coming up with the dough to buy new mattresses is a whole 'nother issue.

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »

After my shopping trip, in which I bought a coup-le of things at the Teen Challenge Thrift Store and Borders Books I stopped in at Star of India, at lunch, and chatted up the waiter, Billa, and the owner, Bains. Hadn't seen Bains in several months and he had wondered whatever became of me. I told Billa to friend me on Facebook.

Then I went over to Bains' new mini-market that just opened yesterday (Bains owns several markets around town) and saw his (gorgeous) brother Jassi there. It is always very nice to see Jassi, and we chatted a bit.

It was a nice day.

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2010, 04:01:50 PM »

I have now drug out all my the remaining junk from my guest room/office and will go through it, purge stuff and repackage and store as needed so that when my co-workers come over next week to see my new place, it will look halfway decent.

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: November 11, 2010, 04:02:17 PM »

Those are quite beautiful photos, JohnG!

John G.

« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

I hear ya, MBarnum. I paid for a year on a new mattress. But it was a great decision I made (despite the salesman trying to sell me something "softer"). The first mattress set I bought was a joke and I paid for it.
― Voltaire

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: November 11, 2010, 04:03:35 PM »

Now I shall take me a short nap. Upon awaking I may watch a Punjabi movie...seeing Billa, Bains, and Jassi gave me desire for some Indian regional films.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 11, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »

Went to the mattress store and tried out some mattresses. Gosh they are expensive!

I need a mattress and box springs for that twin bed frame in the guest room, and I need to replace that mattress on my full sized bed. I am told I need something much firmer and then I might sleep better. When I slept on the floor last weekend I slept very, very well!

However, coming up with the dough to buy new mattresses is a whole 'nother issue.
No More Piggly-Wiggly DVDs!

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: November 11, 2010, 04:05:12 PM »

Ya, JohnG, the mattress I have now is just too soft and it is over 10 years old...which I am told is too old for a mattress (well, the salesmen tell me that, anyhow! LOL!).

MBarnum

« Reply #142 on: November 11, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »

Only after I buy the 5 for $10.00 DVDs at BIG LOTS tomorrow.....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: November 11, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

Well, I'm not doing much of anything...not even watching TV.  What's that all about?

So, I'm going to take a shower (finally), go get me something to eat, put some gas in my car for tomorrow (Portland Here I Come!), then come home and watch some shows that are on my DVR.

Doesn't that just thrill ya?? :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

Well this is most unseemly--not ONE "Ask BK" for his event.  That of course means the HHW Segment will consist of BK's rant to get him off that damn stage!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

DR Cillaliz, whenever you think you're having a bad day think of the people on that adrift Carnival cruise ship!

LOL, you're not the first person to say that.   Sometimes when I'm having a bad day I go visit a client in jail.  it tends to give me perspective

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2010, 04:57:06 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES TO DR EDI!!! I'm sorry you have the flu.

Ditto

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »

And speaking of that cruise ship. My sister was freaking out because her bestfriend is currently on a Carnival cruise and last time they had had some problem. But alas luckily they are not on the ship with the fire.  I can't believe all the people are eating spam!

What about the people who can't eat spam?

i don't exactly know what spam is. But why wouldn't someone be able to eat it vs starving?

It's made from ham.  Some people don't eat meat for whatever reason and some people don't eat pork for religious reasons, I think that's what Jane was referring to

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »

Only after I buy the 5 for $10.00 DVDs at BIG LOTS tomorrow.....

Well, as long as having no money keeps you from coming to Manhattan, I say have fun at the Piggly Wiggly!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »

I wish I was going to Portland tomorrow.  Unfortunately my back would never survive the three hour auto trip.

Such a shame about your back.  I wish I could go but I don't think my stomach can survive the flights.  I'm having enough trouble reading the posts without losing my lunch.

Ooops--guess I should have read this before posting about musubi...sorry, Jane!

That's ok as I don't know what is in it and I won't look either ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up