Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW TIRED ARE YOU?  (Read 19415 times)

MBarnum

Re: HOW TIRED ARE YOU?
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:42 PM »

I think that my creeping crud may just be creeping away, finally. I have felt much better since my nap this afternoon...both the cold and the twisted back seem to be coming back to normal, at least a bit.

I am still going through kleenex like crazy, however.

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »

And don't everyone forget to pre-order this nifty DVD set!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

No one has a clew about our new release this evening?

I vaguely remember you saying what it is when we had dinner at JMK's house, but now I can't remember. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »

We watched THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT last night.

Excellent movie!

I figure that either Annette Benning or Julianne Moore will take home the Best Actress Oscar this year.

Personally, I'd call it a tie.

I utterly disagree.  I found it full of false moment and clunky faux naturalistic dialogue.  The biggest problem is they try to graphed on a happy resolution when the most disagreeable character in the piece has never acknowledges her role in causing the predicament... She will still be a controlled freak and she has actually gotten everything she wants because the other person capitulates.  Her accusation to another character that he is an interloper is also false and unfair.  He was not an interloper; he was invited in.  And his story ends unsatisfyingly.  It tries to give an easy ending to a more complex situation.   Both The Lovely Wife and I felt let down by the film.  I especially don't think it's particularly well-written.

I also think it is one of those films where the actresses might get noms just because both are playing lesbians and people will think it's a stretch and because they allow themselves to be filmed unflatteringly, but frankly I seen a lot better work out of both of them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up