Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GALOSHES  (Read 41472 times)

Ginny

Re: GALOSHES
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »

OK, I'm about to brave the cold to run errands - using my very own car!  Rob's home from Michigan for a couple of weeks, so now we're a 2-car/3-people household.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 10:42:48 AM »

This has been a strange day with plans gone awry; when I went to make the bed, around 10 am, I discovered that one of my pillows had fallen off the bed during the night and landed on the floor. Since the thought of bed bugs continues to freak me out, I decided I'd better wash it and the pillowcase before I put it back on the bed.

I stupidly decided to use the washers in the basement rather than the industrial-strength ones down the street, and the debacle began. Once full of water, the pillow was too heavy to allow thw washer to work and unbalanced it. I had to wring out the pillow (fat chance!) by hand. Then it took me 2.5 hours to dry the damned thing!

I called my friend Curtis at 11:30 to tell him I would be about half an hour late, and forty-five minutes later I called him to report that I was in laundry hell and would not be coming in at all. Then, at 12:30 I took the pillow down to the laundromat. Now it's dry. Oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 10:48:53 AM »

Just reading about your laundry problems was frustrating, DR Elmore. I think I have had a similar incident happen.

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 10:49:19 AM »

Feel better vibes to DRs MIchael S. and John G!

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2010, 10:51:28 AM »

First paid jobs were babysitting and lawn mowing.

First real job (W-2s, as DR Charles Pouge put it) was either at Bresler's 33 Flavors where I worked for a total of 4 hours and was never paid...or as a phone solicitor selling tickets to the Shriner's circus or policeman's ball or some such thing. Both were horrible experiences.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »

And speaking of unpaid work, I have got to buckle down winsoki and get some of these audio interviews transcribed...these interviews ain't gettin' any younger....and neither am I. So I need to get them done and sent to the publisher(s) post haste.

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:45 AM »

PS: Actually I do get paid by some (two) of the magazines that I send interviews to...just not all of them.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 11:44:04 AM »

This is turning into a really bizarre day and I am not amused.

About two months ago, I got a request from an adored singer to enlarge a chart I'd written last year for a February concert. She also wrote that she owed me some money for lending out one of my charts to another singer. I said to hold the money and apply it to the new chart. Today she cancelled the new char - someone's doctored my old chart - but made no mention of the money she said she owed me!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:50:42 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »

Hey!  Yesterday's day of posts is still open! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »

Not anymore.

George

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 12:36:38 PM »

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »

This has been a strange day with plans gone awry; when I went to make the bed, around 10 am, I discovered that one of my pillows had fallen off the bed during the night and landed on the floor. Since the thought of bed bugs continues to freak me out, I decided I'd better wash it and the pillowcase before I put it back on the bed.

I stupidly decided to use the washers in the basement rather than the industrial-strength ones down the street, and the debacle began. Once full of water, the pillow was too heavy to allow thw washer to work and unbalanced it. I had to wring out the pillow (fat chance!) by hand. Then it took me 2.5 hours to dry the damned thing!

I called my friend Curtis at 11:30 to tell him I would be about half an hour late, and forty-five minutes later I called him to report that I was in laundry hell and would not be coming in at all. Then, at 12:30 I took the pillow down to the laundromat. Now it's dry. Oy!

I've washed pillows before, but I did make sure that I washed two at the same time.  My sister taught me to make sure that everything was balanced...she learned the hard way.  Fortunately, nothing broke, but that washer sure did make a lot of noise before she was able to open it and stop the turning. :o

George

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 12:56:47 PM »

I also just made this, a homemade version of Nutella:

http://www.savorsa.com/2010/12/heavenly-chocolate-hazelnut-spread/

This looks yummy and easy to make!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 12:59:05 PM »

DR ELMORE and his pillow talk.

Hopefully DR MBARNUM will be getting a package from Indiana today or tomorrow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »

TOD: Babysitting. Then when I was in high school, one of the local car dealerships was clearing out their old sales files, and they hired a bunch of us to write the name of the buyer, the date of purchase, and the type of vehicle bought on index cards before they threw the file away.

I learned a couple of important things on that job.
1. Make the coffee bad the first time so it won't end up being your job.
2. Older men will hit on young girls (not me, one of the pretty girls). 
3. You will suddenly have more friends when you get paid, and said friends will expect you to pick up the check.

1. I never minded making coffee.  I did refuse to chip in to pay for it since I don't drink it.
2.  Maybe they knew you weren't the type.  I have rarely had men hit on me & finally came to the comforting conclusion that must be the reason.
3.  Funny, I never experienced that.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »

First job I ever had was on Saturday mornings, from the time I was 14, accompanying my father on his bakery runs.  Before we would load the truck, I was assisting in the prep rooms, making donuts, kneading breads, filling cream puffs, eclairs and jelly donuts.
The place: Princess Pastries in Parnassus, Pennsylvania.

Now that sounds like a good job!!  My very first "job" was assisting my father.  I counted pills & put them in little boxes or bottles to be sold or given to patients.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »

OK, I'm about to brave the cold to run errands - using my very own car!  Rob's home from Michigan for a couple of weeks, so now we're a 2-car/3-people household.

Bye for now!

Nice you will have him home for so long.

Ginny, I think you should begin layer more.  Wear a scarf around your neck, a hat, and gloves.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »

DITTO!  AND TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS THE VIBES!!!

td

• td
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »

Miss Molly Brown is a helper in the kitchen and the bathroom:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Good%20Golly%20Miss%20Molly/

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »

:D :D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »

That cheered me up.  Keith just made a big deal out of letting Craig know that as of tomorrow I'm old and can apply for social security. ;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »

Happy 6th night of Chanukah!

Jane

« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2010, 03:27:09 PM »

I posted the photo while on hold listening to Christmas music ;D

Jane

« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »

Hi two guests, I'm getting lonely.  Please stop in and say hello. :)

George

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2010, 03:37:03 PM »

I'm not a guest, but I'll say hello, Jane. :D

George

« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »

Well, I got through my very first Employee Evaluations as a supervisor.  I had the easy part...my former supervisor did the actual evaluations.  I just sat in on them.  Everyone did quite well this year.  I just need to keep notes over the next year so that I know what to evaluate them on next year.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Someone please get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

I had potential great news for cast album lovers - I'd say it looks like it's about ninety percent certain and we'll just be pending approval this week - but if it happens we'll have three great UK cast albums to release very soon.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2010, 03:53:26 PM »

I have it on good authority that when Elmore was heard shouting "You Nimrod," he was actually shouting, "You, Nimrod".  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2010, 03:56:31 PM »

I had potential great news for cast album lovers - I'd say it looks like it's about ninety percent certain and we'll just be pending approval this week - but if it happens we'll have three great UK cast albums to release very soon.

Cool!  Are they recent recordings that are being released in the US for the first time or are they older re-releases?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up