Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SMALL PRINT  (Read 43593 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: SMALL PRINT
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »

This isn't the best photo I have of Elizabeth, but I like it.  I think my favorite may be in my other computer   It was a breakfast event on a friend's front porch
That is a beauty memory to have of her. What a woman -- and lady.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

I loved seeing Elizabeth when she was here for events with John during the political season.  She was so down to earth and friendly.  It is a sad day. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »

TCB    I found this and thought of you and the Titanichttp://www.perpetualkid.com/gin-and-titonic-ice-cube-tray.aspx-  I'm sure you could use the ice cubes in something other than Gin

Oh my gosh!  Those are too funny.

I know!  I've thought about ordering them

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »

The photo I posted is from an event shortly before the last caucus, like a day or two before. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »

Well, my power has gone off and on twice already, so I think I had better stay off the computer.  I guess I didn't realize how windy it had gotten.

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »

Back from a kookie day.  Had a lot of drama in the first few hours - the helper didn't show up, no phone calls, no nothing.  I left her several messages, but was very concerned since that is not like her at all.  I finally had to mosey on over to the West of Wood for lunch with dear reader Jeanne.  I got an e-mail when I checked on my phone and it turns out the helper had misplaced her phone and doesn't know my number by heart (that's one of the biggest drawbacks of today's technology - no one learns phone number anymore - I mean, why bother right?  Wrong - THIS is why you bother).  She was fine and finally found her phone later in the day, but I told her this could never happen again and that she must carry my number with her or learn it. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »

Lunch was fun - the food was quite nice and we had a nice chat about this and that and also that and this.  It took me a while to get with it, because of the worry about the helper.  Then I had to mosey on over to the other Wood - of Holly, to work with Boswell on the opening number and an Annie Get Your Gun medley for Linda and Greg.  We got an opening number put together, which I hope they'll like - it's fun, funny, and very up and mischievous.  We chose the Annie songs and now have to get the music.

John G.

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »

Back from a kookie day.  Had a lot of drama in the first few hours - the helper didn't show up, no phone calls, no nothing.  I left her several messages, but was very concerned since that is not like her at all.  I finally had to mosey on over to the West of Wood for lunch with dear reader Jeanne.  I got an e-mail when I checked on my phone and it turns out the helper had misplaced her phone and doesn't know my number by heart (that's one of the biggest drawbacks of today's technology - no one learns phone number anymore - I mean, why bother right?  Wrong - THIS is why you bother).  She was fine and finally found her phone later in the day, but I told her this could never happen again and that she must carry my number with her or learn it. 
I don't like the way that no one remembers phone numbers, either. And when I rattle off people' phone numbers to others, I'm treated like a freak. I'm also treated like a freak because I don't have a cell phone, but that's another matter.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »

The traffic on every single street I was on was horrendous - at THREE-THIRTY.  I couldn't even take the freeway home it was so ridiculous - had to take a very circuitous route and what should have been a ten-minute drive was thirty.  Also a little irksome - not one package.

td

• td
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2010, 07:01:47 PM »

I had to drop in to wish a HAPPY NATAL DAY to DR JANE!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2010, 07:10:03 PM »

Is anyone watching The Sing Off?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2010, 07:12:33 PM »

I forgot all about MAD magazine...a staple at our house.  I've got them all issues up to 2000 on computer CD disks.  Like the Dan (the Man), I also bought EERIE, CREEPY, and VAMPIRELLA, all of which I still have, as well as several thousand other comic books.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.  I'll watch the rest of the episodes, also. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode.  I'll watch the rest of the episodes, also. :)

Me too!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »

And now, it's time for me to leave work, go to Taco Bell (a co-worker's daughter is coming to visit and loves Taco Bell's mild and hot sauces in the little packets...and I said that I'd get her some ;)), then go home and do more laundry while I watch TV.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

DEAR READER JANE!

How very pretty, thank you. :)

Jane

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2010, 07:28:41 PM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jane!  I hope you're having a great day!

I am Kevin!  Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

This isn't the best photo I have of Elizabeth, but I like it.  I think my favorite may be in my other computer   It was a breakfast event on a friend's front porch
That is a beauty memory to have of her. What a woman -- and lady.

She had a warm smile.

John G.

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »

I am Kevin!  Thank you.
You are Kevin! Wow! Who knew?
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »

TCB    I found this and thought of you and the Titanichttp://www.perpetualkid.com/gin-and-titonic-ice-cube-tray.aspx-  I'm sure you could use the ice cubes in something other than Gin

Oh my gosh!  Those are too funny.

I know!  I've thought about ordering them

LOL.  I didn't have time to look earlier.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE  ;D ;D ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Jane

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

Does she know about this site?  I think she could have found an email link for you someplace on the internet.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2010, 07:33:13 PM »

I don't like the way that no one remembers phone numbers, either. And when I rattle off people' phone numbers to others, I'm treated like a freak. I'm also treated like a freak because I don't have a cell phone, but that's another matter.

I am impressed you can do that.  I admit I don't even know my children's numbers.  I do know Keith's cell, just in case.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »

I had to drop in to wish a HAPPY NATAL DAY to DR JANE!

Awww, thank you td. :D

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »

Night all.  Sleep well. :)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Jane

« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »

I am Kevin!  Thank you.

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry is my excuse for taking so long to figure this out. ;D

Jane

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:16 PM »

DR Sam thank you for the birthday wishes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »

Stupid weatherman statement of the day "How long is this cool weather going to stick around? Tune in at 10:00.

Hello....it's December...it will be cool until.....April or May

John G.

« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:17 PM »

I am Kevin!  Thank you.

Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry is my excuse for taking so long to figure this out. ;D
Maybe I need some of that.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »

Stupid weatherman statement of the day "How long is this cool weather going to stick around? Tune in at 10:00.

Hello....it's December...it will be cool until.....April or May
;D ;D ;D
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up