Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN I'M SIXTY-THREE  (Read 41901 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: WHEN I'M SIXTY-THREE
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »

There is a 45 RPM phonograph record in the box I sent you today, MR BK.  But I also put both sides on a CD in WAV format just in case.

I guess you will have to convert them to MP3 to put them on your IPOD, but I can do that and send you the files if you like what you hear.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2010, 02:37:14 PM »

Page Five hint to MR BK as to what is in the Birthday Box.  ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »

Re the Yap solo recordings - since the majority of them require singers to sing to existing orchestrations and arrangements I just have to ask if singers are so hungry to do a solo album that they'll do something that impersonal.  We took and take pride in crafting ORIGINAL albums to the singer - I could just as easily let people sing to other singers' tracks (I have all the solo albums' instrumental mixes on DAT) but I wouldn't do it.

One of the reasons why I stopped working with Mr Yap was because I got tired of seeing my charts used on 3-5 albums with no compensation, but I have to say, Birthday Boy, I know at least two charts of mine you reused with other singers: ;)
  1. "Joshua Noveck" for Susan Egan, whom I prefer over the original singer
  2. "Disneyland" for Michelle Nicastro

Now that I've compromised you, I have to add that I was flattered you liked the charts well enough to use them again! On John Yap's reccordings I've got the following overdubs that I know of:
   "Tell My Father" Sean McDermott (original), Matt Bogart, John Barrrowman
   "Don't Rain On My Parade" Broadway West End concert (original), Caroline O'Connor, Kim Criswell, Sally Ann Triplett, Debbie Gravitte and "Showstoppers from Broadway"
   "Who Will Love Me As I Am"  Robin North, kim Criswell, Glory Crampton, Caroline O'Connor and "A Little Bit In love" compilation
   "Her Face" Matt Bogart (original), Doug LeBreque,
   "My Personal Property" Sweet Charity (original), Christianne Noll
   "Nothing" Broadway  Kim Criswell, Susan Egan
   "What I Did For Love" Caroline O'Connor, Christianne Noll and "Showstoppers From Broadway"
  "Every Time We Say Godbye" recorded by Issy Van Ransdwyck" and Debbie Gravitte om "Musicality of Porter"
  "Kissing You" Caroline O'Connor (original), Glory Crampton

Reused tracks with the original singer include:
   "MacCavity" Paulette Ivory on "Stars of the Musical" and Musicality of Andrew Lloyd Webber
   "Say A Prayer For Me T" Lindsay Hamilton on something and "Musicality of Lerner and Loewe"
   "Anyone Can Whistle" John Barrowman on solo album and "Musicality of Sondheim"
   "I Don't Remember You" Ron Raines on solo album and "Musicality of Kander & Ebb" also on Glory Crampton's solo recording
  "Nowadays" CarolineO'Connor on solo album and "Musicality of Kander & Ebb"
  "I Could Write A Book" Matt Bogart on solo album and "Musicality of Rodgers & Hart"
  "With You" Ethan Freeman on solo album and "Loving You" compilation
  "Come Follow the Band" on Broadway West end concert and "Showstoppers from Broadway"
  "You're Nothing without Me" Broadway West end concert and "Showstoppers from Broadway"
  "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" Sean McDermott on solo album and "A Little Bit In love"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:31:24 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »

Late afternoon all.

That is all.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2010, 02:38:33 PM »

Thank you DR JRand.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »

I have PT today for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2010, 02:41:34 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2010, 02:45:26 PM »

Tomorrow's another McGlinnventory day. The estate inventory is finally finished, and we are now selling music in the estate not going to the Library of Congress. It's primarily published orchestra and vocal scores for opera, ballet, concert pieces, and composer editions like the New Mozart Edition. Many of them are rare and out of print items. The sale deadline is Dec 15, and if anyone on HHW would like to see what's being offered and opening bidding prices, please contact me, and I'll see that you are sent the lists.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2010, 02:47:58 PM »

I went and changed the card that I posted for BK's birthday, just to be on the safe side. It is possible that someone who does not know me might think that I posted it in order to be racist and to try to offend, and that is certainly not something I would want anyone to think of me.

PS: the card that is now posted in no way advocates that I think girls are lazy, by the way.

FJL

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:44 PM »

Happy happy Birthday to BK!

Julie

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2010, 03:03:05 PM »

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a good week, and a good start to the holiday season.

It's been very cold here all week - mostly below freezing.  But lots of people out on the streets and doing some holiday shopping.

Julie

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2010, 03:03:59 PM »

A very Happy Birthday to Bruce!!
It sounds like you have planned a wonderful day.
All best wishes to you!

Julie

« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2010, 03:04:37 PM »

And a quick rewind to yesterday so I may wish a Happy Birthday to DR Jane!

I hope you had a very nice day!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2010, 03:10:36 PM »

Hello everyone!

It's been very cold here all week - mostly below freezing.  But lots of people out on the streets and doing some holiday shopping.

Hello, DR Julie! I miss you.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »

DR Jane - When you say "cut" do you mean "trim"? Or just cut them all off?

I've never understood just exactly how cutting your bangs off works? I mean, it part of the hair framing your face, right? So, you can't really cut that all off, right? I mean, if you go shorter, won't that make them stand out a little more? Whereas if you let them grow out, then they just blend in with the rest of the hair around your face? ???

In Jane's case, I think that she's wondering if she should cut her long hair to make bangs.  If I remember correctly, her hair is all one length...I think.

LOL-look at the photos you recently took. :)

Umm...shows you how observant I am. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:14 PM »

Now I have to go all the way back to see the new card!

George

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »

I got up this morning at 4am like usual, knew why I was up and what to do, but everything seemed like it would fall apart if I did.   I got scared and called in sick.   I think I have taken off maybe 5 days for being sick in 40 years of working.  The scariest part is as I'm getting older the scared part gets worse.

So I went back to sleep and just woke up a couple of hours ago.   Walked across the street to buy orange juice and dayquil, and now enjoying the beautiful sunshine in a great stupor.

~~~Feel Better Vibes for DR Sam!!~~~

...and enjoy your day off (as well as you can)! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »

I got home and decided to google someone who volunteers for us, a dear man named  "Ruby Rims". He's been around since the 70s and he's sweet and kind and extremely helpful in our work.

Well, I came across a photo shoot posted on BroadwayWorld.com and there are lots and lots of pictures of people posted here, including someone we all know and love. She just posted today, in fact. She's very busy and doesn't post as often as we want her to, but she's a glamorous and lovely person and I love seeing these pictures of our own Miss Julie at the MAC Awards in May of this year.

MAC Awards May 2010

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »

I went and changed the card that I posted for BK's birthday, just to be on the safe side. It is possible that someone who does not know me might think that I posted it in order to be racist and to try to offend, and that is certainly not something I would want anyone to think of me.

PS: the card that is now posted in no way advocates that I think girls are lazy, by the way.

It's certainly more politically correct, DR MBarnum! I think it's in much better taste. I'm surprised there's no line of Bollywood greeting cards to suit your tastes and tickle your fancy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2010, 03:30:50 PM »

This is the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death.

George

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »

A couple of notes from an article that is really about a cooking trip to Lapland.  Raindeer Games.

Santa and his flying reindeer were said to be inspired  by shamanistic visions sparked by hallucinogenic mushrooms native to Lapland.
The original Finnish image of Father Christmas is positively frightening, he has the head of a goat, is hostile to children and demands gifts from them.
When Sami shamans enter a trance with the help of psychedelic mushrooms, their spirits leave their bodies, travel great distance, return home, fly down the chimney hole in the roof of their yurts.  This may be the model for the story of Saint Nicholas.

Very interesting...thanks for the info.

MBarnum

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2010, 04:00:16 PM »

Maybe I best just stick to vintage greeting cards that have cats and dogs on them.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2010, 04:15:01 PM »

A very, very, very (that is 3 verys) happy birthday to Mr. BK! I hope it is a wonderful day of birth celebration for you Bruce!!!

Gloria Steinem always sends--oh, never mind.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:24 PM »

elmore, it's a little different - two songs as opposed to hundreds - one done as a favor to Susan so we could put out an album of all her tracks she'd done for me over the years, and one done as a hidden track for Michelle.  That's not quite the same as doing an entire solo album for a specific singer in which she's singing to tracks that were orchestrated and arranged for another singer - that's what I find off-putting and really weird.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »

Champagne Birthday Wishes, Bruce...and Caviar Dreams!

Or, just some ham chunks...

Happy Birthday, BK!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »

I've been having quite a marvelously marvelous day doing only things I care to do.  I picked up four count them four packages (but NOT the errant and truant one from amazon France - I'm now very concerned it's been returned by customs like the first one).  First off, why is it even GOING through customs when I've received many, many packages that haven't gone through customs, all from amazon.fr and all of which arrive in three or four days - same with the UK.

Julie

« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »

Hello everyone!

Hello, DR Julie! I miss you.

Thank you, Larry.  I miss you, too!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #147 on: December 08, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »

BK, I know you love vintage footage of L.A.  Have you ever checked out the VCI releases of the first season of BURKE'S LAW?  I watched a couple of episodes today--lots of establishing shots around the city.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Julie

« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »

DR Jane - When you say "cut" do you mean "trim"? Or just cut them all off?

I've never understood just exactly how cutting your bangs off works? I mean, it part of the hair framing your face, right? So, you can't really cut that all off, right? I mean, if you go shorter, won't that make them stand out a little more? Whereas if you let them grow out, then they just blend in with the rest of the hair around your face? ???

In Jane's case, I think that she's wondering if she should cut her long hair to make bangs.  If I remember correctly, her hair is all one length...I think.

LOL-look at the photos you recently took. :)

Umm...shows you how observant I am. ::)

;)

Wonderful photo - you both look great!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »

elmore, it's a little different - two songs as opposed to hundreds - one done as a favor to Susan so we could put out an album of all her tracks she'd done for me over the years, and one done as a hidden track for Michelle.  That's not quite the same as doing an entire solo album for a specific singer in which she's singing to tracks that were orchestrated and arranged for another singer - that's what I find off-putting and really weird.

BK, I agree with you! I just wasn't going to let you get away with it. I went back and added a smiley because I wasn't posting it to be mean. As I said, I really prefer Susan Egan to Tammy on "Josua Noveck" and I knew you wanted a chance to remix "Disneyland" after the Day The Board Crashed. It's a hard choice between Jodi and Michelle; I liked them both.

Caroline O'Connor and Ron Raines paid me for those charts of "My Man," "Kissing You," and "I Don't remember You," and I honestly don't think Mr Yap had any right to reuse his blank orchestra tracks simply because their albums are on his label.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:32:50 PM by elmore3003 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up