Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHRISTMAS SONG  (Read 46297 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE CHRISTMAS SONG
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »

VIBES FOR BEN!!!  Really glad to see you post today

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »

Vibes for TD's MUM~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »

OK, OMG  I had a blast tonight. I went to the taping of Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular with Heart.  It was really fun.  Great skating, not too loud. And, when they did the crowd reaction shots at the end of intermission they only filmed my section.  I was in the third row trying to do my best enthusiastic audience member (I do really really good audience).  Do there's a good chance I'll be on the show for a brief shining moment.   So set your dvrs and vcrs for Dec 26 from 3:00-5:00 CENTRAL time.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2010, 08:36:45 PM »

last night was the company Christmas party - despite my post last night I was not drunk - I was however terribly terribly tired - proabably not as tired as our waiter was

we have had parties here in the past and the service is usually wonderful but this time half the staff must have called in sick or else they just really cut back on staffing becasue we had one guy doing everything

he took the drink orders and served , he circulated with the appetizer trays., he cleared and reset teh table and the water glasses, he mentioned that he made the drinks himself ,...and he disappeared for so long afte he took our meal orders and before he served  dinner that I wondered whether he was also cooking and plating all the meals himself  there were about 30 of us so he really could have used some help -  I hope he was well compensated

appetizers included bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on stick, steak on a stick, coconut shrimp, chicken quesadillas and sweet & sour meatballs,

the starter coursew chouices were Caeser salad, beef vegetable soup or Lobster bisque  ( I had the bisque)   main course xhoices wer hwlf a roast chicken, skirt steak with fried onions and mashed potato, or filet mignon with mashed and aspargus -( I had the filet)

wehad a choice of chocolate layer cake, cheescake or sorbet for dessert but we were too tired at that point and ended up going home without dessert

« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:49:50 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »

The re taping of some of the flubbed jumps at the end of the show was fun too.  Brian B. and Steve Cousins had a couple to do.  When Steve got it right on the third try he got a HUGE ovation

Cillaliz

« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »

I can't wait to see how they edit the show.   The funniest part that you won't see was all the times Brian had to redo his voice over about the sponsor.  He kept saying something wrong.  He said "At least I got the jumps right on the first try"

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

It wasn't sold out and I hope they can make it look like it was.  One area was behind a cameraman, so that may have been intentional

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

vibes for dear Ben - I am glad you were feeling welling enough to drop us a line

you are missed and you are in my prayers

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »

TD
  Health Vibes for your mom and coping vibes for you!

I shall likewise keep TD's Mum in my prayers

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »

speaking of people in my prayers - Mike how is your nephew Daniel doing?

A bunch of Long Island Lutherans pray for his recovery every Sunday   

Laura

« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »

I kinda liked thinking you had a great time at that party, Vixmom.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2010, 08:55:42 PM »

Vibes also for the Monarch Scientist's son

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OImp5O6ggA   Irina Grigorian was part of the show.  She did the hoops and the slinky didn't do the fire

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2010, 08:57:16 PM »

I kinda liked thinking you had a great time at that party, Vixmom.

i did  and I did indulge in two count 'em two , kaluha and creams before reverting to my usual Shirley Temple

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »

Finished Micmacs, have three more CDs to burn, music to separate into proper piles, and then I think I'll just prepare the eBlast so that tomorrow is really light.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2010, 08:59:20 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... It didn't feel that cold today in New York City.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »

Hi, Ben!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2010, 09:01:06 PM »

I will say Steve Cousins was lookin mighty fine.  Well they all were. I was very glad to be in the third row.  I could see everything very well

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »

Of course, every time I see or hear "Hi, Ben", I naturally have to follow up with,

"No, don't look at me..."

or I "embellish"

"Hi... Girls... Ben... Sally.."

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »

tonight was the high school wintert concert  as is traditional tehy ended with the halleujah chorus with  th efull choir, band and orchestra - and any choir alumni in the audience are invited to join in- it was fun to see about 20 graduates finding their old places in the choir - there were about 100 kids inth echoir and they sounded spectacular

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:10 PM »

I can't wait to see how they edit the show.   The funniest part that you won't see was all the times Brian had to redo his voice over about the sponsor.  He kept saying something wrong.  He said "At least I got the jumps right on the first try"

I LOVE when things go wrong during live tapings! ;)

-And it's always fascinating to see how they edit it all for the final broadcast.

There was one year at the Kennedy Center Honors when something went horribly wrong with the sound of the band during the opening number. They actually ended up doing the "pick up" with the band after the ceremony, and had cleared the hall.  It was great watching how they had spliced the "after" with the "before", especially in regards to the reaction shots of the audience during the broadcast.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »

tonight was the high school wintert concert  as is traditional tehy ended with the halleujah chorus with  th efull choir, band and orchestra - and any choir alumni in the audience are invited to join in- it was fun to see about 20 graduates finding their old places in the choir - there were about 100 kids inth echoir and they sounded spectacular

How was the organist?

vixmom

« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »

the Vixter was a little weepy as a senior - knowing this was her last winter concert-

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:55 PM »

I'm planning to stay up to see the replay of Larry King's very last show

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:28 PM »

How was the organist?

:D

non existant!

Laura

« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »

I'm glad you had a good time at the skating show, Cillaliz. I hope you are in one of the shots!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2010, 09:07:44 PM »

In June 1969, U.S. engineers diverted the flow of the Niagara River away from the American side of the falls for several months.

Why?

Silly, it was where the filmed the "moon landing."
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »

last night was the company Christmas party - despite my post last night I was not drunk - I was however terribly terribly tired - proabably not as tired as our waiter was

we have had parties here in the past and the service is usually wonderful but this time half the staff must have called in sick or else they just really cut back on staffing becasue we had one guy doing everything

he took the drink orders and served , he circulated with the appetizer trays., he cleared and reset teh table and the water glasses, he mentioned that he made the drinks himself ,...and he disappeared for so long afte he took our meal orders and before he served  dinner that I wondered whether he was also cooking and plating all the meals himself  there were about 30 of us so he really could have used some help -  I hope he was well compensated

appetizers included bacon wrapped scallops, chicken on stick, steak on a stick, coconut shrimp, chicken quesadillas and sweet & sour meatballs,

the starter coursew chouices were Caeser salad, beef vegetable soup or Lobster bisque  ( I had the bisque)   main course xhoices wer hwlf a roast chicken, skirt steak with fried onions and mashed potato, or filet mignon with mashed and aspargus -( I had the filet)

wehad a choice of chocolate layer cake, cheescake or sorbet for dessert but we were too tired at that point and ended up going home without dessert

Could you have asked for a piece of cake to-go? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2010, 09:11:30 PM »

the starter coursew chouices were Caeser salad, beef vegetable soup or Lobster bisque  ( I had the bisque)   main course xhoices wer hwlf a roast chicken, skirt steak with fried onions and mashed potato, or filet mignon with mashed and aspargus -( I had the filet)

Could you have asked for a piece of cake to-go? ;)

Hey! Vixmom's post is a LOT longer than it was the first time I read it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »

And speaking of children's choirs...

A Christmas Trololo

;D
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up