Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WINTER WONDERLAND  (Read 47497 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WINTER WONDERLAND
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2010, 05:28:40 PM »

PAGE SEVEN DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #181 on: December 23, 2010, 05:31:16 PM »

I've been trying to think of places for Matthew and Eric to visit when they are in Phoenix next month. The only interesting place I can think of out here is the sewage pond.

DR Laura - thanks for thinking of us.  We haven't booked anything yet, including our flights/hotel etc.  If you have any insight on a nice hotel to stay at, I'd love to know.  Like I said, nothing has been set and I'm not doing it (Long rant post about THAT one, but I'll refrain)

I don't know from nice hotels, Matthew. I usually stay at a Motel 6 or Rodeway Inn. Super 8 if we are really splurging.

Laura

« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2010, 05:32:29 PM »

I can tell you what parts of town NOT to stay in, if that will help.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2010, 05:35:35 PM »

Has anybody here ever done business with the Green Movie Shop?

http://www.greenmovieshop.com/home.php

If so, please share your experience.

They're offering all 12 seasons of one of my favorite TV series (NYPD Blue), however all but the first 4 seasons are not legally available in the USA.

Thanks.

I will have to think about this site...they have a show that I want. ;)

Be careful if it is MURDER SHE WROTE that you want.  It is not the entire set of episodes.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »

I can tell you what parts of town NOT to stay in, if that will help.

At this point, anything will help. 

Laura

« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2010, 05:37:06 PM »

I think Kerry would be better able to help you choose a nice hotel.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:41:14 PM by Laura »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »

I guess that would depend on what we are doing when we are there.  As far as I know, we're meeting up with one of Eric's old friends.  I don't know what that entails. So when I know more, I'll throw it out there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »

Both ATC and Broadwayworld have had the most ridiculous posts about this episode with Spiderman - hysteria, untruths, speculation, and pure unadulterated insanity. 

And you know what the real truth is because . . .?

I admit there's a lot of hysteria and a lot of speculation, but some of that comes from the vague reliability of the media. In one report "stuntman" Christopher Tierney suffered minor injuries, some broken ribs and internal bleeding. Julie Taymor says to the cast he's raring to get back to the show. Then, his brother says to the news that he may never be on a stage again and he underwent back surgery yesterday. Then, another report says that he's going to New Egland on Friday to recover. No matter what the truth is, the 31 year-old dancer will never be the same again.

Of course the production wants to minimize the injuries as though it will diminish his lawsuit against them for careless safety measures, and it's time Equity and OSHA stepped in to protect the performers. There was one horrible fall suffered in THE LITTLE MERMAID and you'd thoink that would shake up things but it's taken four cast injuries on this show and that's ridiculous. I don't wish the show ill or well, since I have no interest in it beyond what's happening to its cast. And there, I care a lot.

I don't know anything - and I don't post.  That is the difference, you see.  I'm in complete agreement with your post here - no one knows anything and all we get is Rashomon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2010, 06:00:30 PM »

In yesterday's DAILY NEWS article about Christopher Tierney's situation, the first paragraph mentions he has broken vertebrae, the reason for yesterday's surgery, and his brother says he's in terrible shape and may never be on a stage again.

Broadway World mentioned his surgery and at the bottom of the article it mentions the press release saying that he was suffering from broken ribs and internal bleeding. Ms Taymor is happy he will be all right.  All in one article!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/2010/12/22/2010-12-22_spiderman_stunt_man_christopher_tierneys_career_may_be_over_after_broadway_accid.html
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:05:04 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2010, 06:02:56 PM »

The medical info is not supposed to be given out, so I'm not surprised everyone is guessing.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2010, 06:07:11 PM »

I'd trust his brother over Ms Taymor; she's too close to the situation and is trying to keep the damages to a minimum.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »

The medical info is not supposed to be given out, so I'm not surprised everyone is guessing.

As Laura pointed out, with the HIPAA laws in effect; it is not surprising that no one can reallly confirm the extent of his injuries, until he decides to release the information, himself.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »

G'night!

I will see one and all on Christmas Eve.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »

Good night, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

Good night, TCB.

Good night, Laura.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2010, 06:29:59 PM »

Goodnight, DR TCB - want a cookie?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »

G'night!

I will see one and all on Christmas Eve.

Good night, DR TCB!

FJL

« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2010, 06:36:38 PM »

Why is Patrick Tierney talking to the press rather than Christopher Tierney having a lawyer talk on his behalf?

And why are they letting him out of the hospital so quickly after his surgery?  Is the insurance company forcing a quick exit from the hospital?

FJL

« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2010, 06:38:58 PM »

A person who seems to be a tort lawyer on All that Chat says the Human Error determination makes it unlikely that there would be any punitive damages against the show, that workmens compensation and disability insurance would be what kicks in for him. 

Later edit:  Oh wait, he says that would be in New Jersey, he doesn't know New York law.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:40:43 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2010, 06:41:17 PM »

It will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.  The nastiness on the boards is occasionally breathtaking to behold and not in a good way.

FJL

« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »

I do hope the hasty exit from the hospital is what the injured person wants.  And if he wanted to stay longer than insurance covers, one would hope the show would pay for a few extra non-covered days, no?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »

I haven't seen anything saying he's definitely being released from hospital tomorrow.

Laura

« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »

He may be released from the hospital into a rehab facility. It could still be serious and painful.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:39 PM »

Why is Patrick Tierney talking to the press rather than Christopher Tierney having a lawyer talk on his behalf?

And why are they letting him out of the hospital so quickly after his surgery?  Is the insurance company forcing a quick exit from the hospital?

Perhaps Patrick Tierney was upset over all the press releases saying his brother was doing fine and downplaying his injuries?

Laura

« Reply #204 on: December 23, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »

Hurray! The Monarch Scientist's son is home!

Ginny

« Reply #205 on: December 23, 2010, 06:49:25 PM »

Good news, DR Laura!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #206 on: December 23, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR jane's son  Bryan!!

FJL

« Reply #207 on: December 23, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »

Here's a more recent statement by Patrick Tierney:

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/8818529/

Patrick Tierney said his brother would be released from the hospital Friday or Saturday and would complete his recovery at home in New Hampshire. He said his brother is in "as good spirits as he can be," is expected to make a full recovery and will surely return to the stage.

"He's a dancer. He landed on his feet. If he didn't land on his feet, he wouldn't be with us," said Patrick Tierney, 24, of Plaistow, N.H. "He has a strong body and an amazing attitude."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #208 on: December 23, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »

Cute card, as usual, DR MBarnum.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #209 on: December 23, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »

I've been trying to think of places for Matthew and Eric to visit when they are in Phoenix next month. The only interesting place I can think of out here is the sewage pond.

DR Laura - thanks for thinking of us.  We haven't booked anything yet, including our flights/hotel etc.  If you have any insight on a nice hotel to stay at, I'd love to know.  Like I said, nothing has been set and I'm not doing it (Long rant post about THAT one, but I'll refrain)

I don't know from nice hotels, Matthew. I usually stay at a Motel 6 or Rodeway Inn. Super 8 if we are really splurging.

Isn't nearby Scottsdale known for great hotels?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up