Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE WORDS OF SALLY DURANT PLUMMER...  (Read 12995 times)

Cillaliz

Re: IN THE WORDS OF SALLY DURANT PLUMMER...
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »

Ta Da!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2010, 07:30:59 PM »

I know that my mother lied to me my entire life.  It is obvious that I was adopted.  There are photos and 8mm movies of every breath my sister took from birth.  The first picture anyone has ever found of me was the one of me as The Littlest Angel, when I was five.  Hell, even I remember that.

All I know is that I have always had an unnatural fear of gypsies.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.
LOL. Do you sing Cole Porter's "The Gypsy in Me" at family gatherings?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »

It took a while to get all three cats calmed down tonight.  Boo and Ricky had to sit on my lap for an hour or two.  Callie was hiding.  I finally coaxed her out...ok I picked her up, carried her around and gave her food.  She is now sleeping by the heat vent. Boo is on her chair and Ricky is on the couch.  All is well in their world

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »

It's really strange to be following a blizzard on the tv and have it be clear and calm outside.  I keep forgetting I don't get a snow day

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »

well shoveling must begin very early --- good night
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2010, 07:40:49 PM »

I've been watching the 2004 BBC adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's NORTH AND SOUTH. It's very moving and I'm enjoying it, not so much as CRANFORD which had some good humor, but the cast is quite wonderful and some of the scenes are truly heartbreaking. This may become a BBC Victorian novels week.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »

Looks like we are going to Vegas.  I have one word  PHANTOM!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »

No posts in how long?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:31 PM »

Ninety minutes?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:38 PM »

This will NOT do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2010, 09:13:46 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:04 PM »

Mummy, I don't want to be on this page anymore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:10 PM »

Post deleted.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »

CRANBERRIES.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2010, 09:14:26 PM »

I am my own frenzy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »

The NFL has decided to postpone tonight's Eagles/Vikings game due to the blizzard.  Of course, there are a few idiots who are complaining about not having a "Snow Bowl".

Then again..... The Vikes played in a college stadium last weekend and  Detroit the week before after teh Metrodome roof had a meltdwon...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:56 PM »

Well, I'm here, but I'm leaving. Need to get some sleep tomorrow is a work day for me

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2010, 09:31:26 PM »

A good freind of mine is doing interesting researcch... She studying aspects of Christmas letters that people send out.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/dear-friends-and-family-what-does-your-annual-holiday-letter-say-about-you

She is on the lookout for holiday letters. she does BLACK out any personally identifying information.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2010, 09:34:25 PM »

Here is a picture of the ring that Richard gave me for Christmas:

Beautiful!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

I am finally cooking my Christmas dinner-

the boneless prime rib is in the oven -- I am trying an experiment - I put the fingerling potatoes on the roasting pan rack and then rested the roast on top of them -  and I put a small amount of beef stock in the bottom of the roasting pan

I sauteed some sliced vidalia onion  in butter and then added sliced baby portbello mushrooms and beef stock and  red wine and that concoction is now simmering on the stovetop in a heavy covered skillet

We are just going to have peas as a vegetable -- I was originally going to have cauliflower casserole and mashed turnips and peas with pearl onions and mushrooms  but since we could get dinner to my folks becasue of the snow and since the Vixter and Vixdad won't eat the cauliflower or turnips and tend to be purists where their peas are concerned well...

Sounds good!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2010, 09:35:53 PM »

DR Vixmom - thunderstorms included in snowy forecasts usually mean you're going to get a LOT of snow - stay safe and warm!

"Thunder Snow"

Ginny is correct... You are going to get dumped on and I hear there may be another storm by the end of the week and it could hit parts of the midwest I am hoping it stays south

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »

UNOFFICIAL T.O.D.:

I think my first e-mail purchase was either an autographed photo or possibly a Broadway Playbill.  It was so much more fun when ebay was still new and mostly undiscovered.

THe Chieftains first album from an ebay seller in California. it was the original Claddagh release.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2010, 09:42:22 PM »

and the album was in excellent conditiion with no scratches and it was released in 1963.

IT was relased later in the US under both the Claddagh and Shanachie labels

John G.

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »

A good freind of mine is doing interesting researcch... She studying aspects of Christmas letters that people send out.

http://www.newswise.com/articles/dear-friends-and-family-what-does-your-annual-holiday-letter-say-about-you

She is on the lookout for holiday letters. she does BLACK out any personally identifying information.
I didn't get a single one this year. That was a surprise.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #174 on: December 26, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

Watching "Danton," about the French revolutionary. I don't like dubbed actors in a foreigh language any more than I like dubbed actors in English. It's very distracting when the lips move and a different stream of words pours out. But the movie is engrossing.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2010, 09:49:11 PM »

One more?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »

What does it take to get to the next page?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

Just a few more.
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »

I didn't get a single one this year. That was a surprise.

I got a number of them and I am giving her copies of them.

John G.

« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »

Gerard Depardieu is wonderful in the leading role of "Danton."
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up