Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE WORDS OF SALLY DURANT PLUMMER...  (Read 12986 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: IN THE WORDS OF SALLY DURANT PLUMMER...
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

I watched a motion picture on DVD in the bedroom environment.   Am thinking about food.  I have sauce from the partay and pasta - that would be easy but I'm not feeling in the mood, somehow.  There are some bbq wings left over, but I'm definitely not in the mood.  I could rustle up some tuna pasta salad but I'd have to go buy the tuna part.  And I'm not feeling that either.  So, maybe a sandwich and onion rings is the ticket - or maybe the yummilicious and light Eyetalian chopped salad at the Studio Cafe.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »

At long last page three.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:29 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2010, 12:59:42 PM »

Mummy, how can we still be on page three.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »

Welcome seven GUESTS.  Mummy, who are these GUESTS?

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »

Time to watch Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular.  If you look stage left first section row three bright red sweater, that's me

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »

The individual shots of the skaters in a theater were taken in the Orpheum.  Cool.

Mark

• What is it, Wellington?
« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »

Here's a little topic for discussion - what was the first online purchase you ever made.

My first online purchase — or, at the very least, my first purchase initiated in an online environment — was done in 1994 or thereabouts through some sort of university-based Internet system. The newspaper I was working on at the time in Tucson, Ariz., let us sign up for accounts and there was one computer in the newsroom from which you could access this thing called Internet. You had to wait an incredibly long time to see if a connection was established, then you had a few minutes (if you were lucky) to hunt around the various Usenet sites before the connection crashed. In those days, you were lucky if you could finish an e-mail before you lost connectivity. Somehow I found rec.arts.theatre.musicals, posted a request for a copy of the 1983 "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" souvenir program, something I had been looking for for years, and within a day someone wrote me back — my first e-mail! — and offered to it me. I sent off a money order — how quaint — and had it within a week. After that, I was hooked.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »

All the interviews are at the Orpheum.  Cool

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2010, 01:30:35 PM »

Here's a little topic for discussion - what was the first online purchase you ever made.

Hmmm...I'm thinking that it was an item won on an unofficial auction on the Prodigy vintage toy bulletin board.  But for the life of me I can't recall what it might have been.

Mine was probably something on either ebay (an autographed lobby card) or Amazon (a book).
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2010, 01:42:06 PM »

Either eBay or Amazon.com, but I don't remember now!

Ditto and ditto...although I do remember what one of my first eBay purchases was.  It shan't be mentioned because this is a family site. ::)

And I don't even smoke!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2010, 01:44:35 PM »

I went to Amazon and found that my order history goes back to 1998.  I don't think that Stephen Sondheim: A Casebook was the first thing that I ordered on Amazon, but it's the oldest order that shows.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »

Happy Day After Christmas to All!

I had a wonderful Christmas with my family.  Well, almost all my family.  My great niece spent the most of the day at a hospital, going through endless test, to determine that the pain she was experiencing was a urinary tract infection.  We were getting periodic reports from my niece that ranged from kidney stones to ovarian cysts, but praise be that it was nothing that serious.  After all that, my great niece was taken to her father's home to rest and recooperate from her ordeal and my niece joined us in the evening.  Then we really began to party.

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for Dan (the Man)'s Great Niece!!~~~

George

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »

Time to watch Brian Boitano's Skating Spectacular.  If you look stage left first section row three bright red sweater, that's me

I missed the beginning, but I'm watching it now.  I have a question...did they have applause signs or did you all just applaud when you felt like it?

Just curious. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »

I'd been watching all of the extras on the new release of VAMPIRE CIRCUS, and then I started separating all my Hammer Film DVDs to see what I had. I need a Hammer Film Festival.

Back to the movie!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »

We are back in Manhattan after a lovely two days on Long Island. We arrived Friday afternoon and probably would have stayed until Monday or Tuesday but the snow has begun and we don't want to be stuck out there since I have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday.

I think I posted this but maybe not, I don't remember and I don't want to go back and check. Phil and Rose gave me a Sony E-Reader, the high end model! I was expecting an e-reader but not this one. It's great. It has wi-fi and 3G and I can read many different formats as well as borrow books from the library. It's got a touch screen and it comes with a stylus to make using the on-screen keyboard easier. It's not color but that doesn't matter to me since most of the books I've put on are classics that I have meant to read over the years but never got around to. I went to Gutenberg.org and Google books and I now have 26 books on my reader. A stack of 26 books on the night stand would fall over but this is a slim device which takes up very little room. If I stop reading a certain book when I go back it picks up where I left off. I can easily switch between books so I can more easily read multiple books. I can take it on the subway or the train. The one thing I want to get is a cover. Since it has a touch screen I want to be careful handling it. Also, if I put it in a cover then it will be more like reading a book because I will open the cover to turn it on and begin reading.

I'm a very happy camper. I'm glad we got back before the bad snow. It's always worse on Long Island but Manhattan has a forecast for lots of snow as well. As much as I enjoy being out there it's always nice to be home during a storm.

George

« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2010, 02:12:20 PM »

I'm off to my parents' house.  A friend of my mom's (a former co-worker) had a kidney transplant a few months ago and will be coming over, too.  I also want to see if Costco is open.  I need to get some blank DVD-Rs.  Hopefully, they'll be on sale.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Laura

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2010, 02:15:30 PM »

Vixmom, our weather forecast says that we are going to have a hard freeze this week, too.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

My earliest online purchases were probably plane tickets and vintage Evelyn Nesbit postcards.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2010, 02:44:59 PM »

Boxing Day is the craziest shopping day of the year here. Huge tradition to go shopping.  Only problem is the stores are only allowed to be open from 1-5pm.  But for some reason the mall is always packed at noon.

There were a few stores that opened early. One of them is one of my favorite stores, Sephora. And they had a big sale rack in the front. The new winter vanilla cake beauty hand cream which was $18 on Friday, was only $4! Yeah!  I actually think that was a mistake. It was supposed to be 50% off and it said $9 in front of it. But none of the customers could figure out if the $9 was the price or if it was 50% off. When i went to the cash it scanned at $4.50. So i got 2!

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »

By the time I left the mall at around 2:30pm I saw some people trying to arrive. There were no parking spaces anywhere!

I guess it makes sense since everyone goes at noon even though only a handful of stores are open.

We went to Hallmark and got some 50% off kids Xmas wrapping paper. I needed some.

My mom was really nice and bought me a Nine West silver purse. It was regular $65, liquidation price $47, and then today it was an extra 40% off. So it was like $27. Really nice!

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »

I missed the beginning, but I'm watching it now.  I have a question...did they have applause signs or did you all just applaud when you felt like it?

Just curious. :)

There were no signs.  At some point the crowd just started cheering really loud when the skaters faced each side for the bow

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »

I just made a calendar for my sister's mother-in-law. She had seen the one my sister (well me) and made and she wanted one. When we had made it it was 40% off but that was only till dec 24th. And when i checked yesterday it was full price. But when i checked back today it was 50% off. Yeah!

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2010, 02:50:33 PM »

In the US are there any cities where people go Boxing Day crazy like they do here?  Here it is the biggest shopping day of the year.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »

Well, as soon as I got home from my errands I began doing some laundry which led to a few more chores.  At about 3:00 I flopped on the sofa and flipped on the TV and fell asleep for about an hour.  It feels great to nap out like that.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »

Boxing Day is the craziest shopping day of the year here. Huge tradition to go shopping.  Only problem is the stores are only allowed to be open from 1-5pm.  But for some reason the mall is always packed at noon.

There were a few stores that opened early. One of them is one of my favorite stores, Sephora. And they had a big sale rack in the front. The new winter vanilla cake beauty hand cream which was $18 on Friday, was only $4! Yeah!  I actually think that was a mistake. It was supposed to be 50% off and it said $9 in front of it. But none of the customers could figure out if the $9 was the price or if it was 50% off. When i went to the cash it scanned at $4.50. So i got 2!

I usually head out to the stores the day after and I'm kind of missing it.  I do need to get some calenders and I wanted to check out the leftovers at Hallmark.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2010, 03:00:10 PM »

In the US are there any cities where people go Boxing Day crazy like they do here?  Here it is the biggest shopping day of the year.

It's generally a crazy shopping day here in the states, too, DR Jennifer.  It's a combination of sales and people spending their gift certificates.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »

I keep forgetting that it's a Sunday.  But I do like that Christmas fell on a Saturday.  No one had to work today, so my sisters and their families stayed later last night than usual.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »

I'm munching on a few pieces of what used to be called a Cadbury chocolate orange but they are made by a company called Terry's now.  Still delish.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 03:10:46 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2010, 03:24:58 PM »

The NFL has decided to postpone tonight's Eagles/Vikings game due to the blizzard.  Of course, there are a few idiots who are complaining about not having a "Snow Bowl".
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up