Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF 2010 IN HIGH STYLE  (Read 17459 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE LAST OF 2010 IN HIGH STYLE
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:16:41 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were high and had style and were written in the last of 2010, and now it is time for you to post until the last of 2010 cows come home - in high style, of course.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE LAST OF 2010 IN HIGH STYLE
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »

And the word of the day is: FUNAMBULISM!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 12:29:04 AM »

Oops - forgot to read the notes

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 12:33:43 AM »

Read the notes.  And what lovely notes they were

I think the only films I saw this year were Iron Man II and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.   Iron Man was great, Harry Potter was great, too.  In fact, if it's still out there next week, I may take the DP to see it, although I read somewhere that it was going away soon. 

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 02:20:25 AM »

the wind  is howling around the house - the drift against the back door is about 4 foot high - hope we can get out the front door
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ben

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 03:58:01 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »

The snow has stopped in Manhattan but there is a lot of it on the street. By Thursday it will be fine. We are supposed to have temperatures in the high 30s with lots of sun so the snow will become slush by New Years Eve.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 04:26:46 AM »

I saw some films but not sure if I would put them o a list

Harry Potter ( though it was better than the last film)
The Sound of Music (HD Presentation)
a gay comedy about bears ( Heavy set men and not the animals) where the best line was a throw away and an good example of fine comedy writing. The rest of the film waas a mish mash and unfocused.
There were a couple of others but cannot recall what they were and if the were a best.
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 05:21:00 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Our household turned in pretty early last night - Rob and Mary Linda were very tired from their long day of driving 2 cars down here from Michigan and Richard and I were just glad to be back in our own home and bed.  I woke up early, too, and have been enjoying some quiet time and coffee.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 05:32:53 AM »

The sounds of the incredible wind outside woke me up this morning. 

As a Christmas treat for myself, I bought a set of red plaid flannel sheets that are so warm and comfy that I hate getting out of bed in the morning.  So here in bed I continue to lie, listening to the hurricane-force winds howl...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 05:33:05 AM »

HI, DANISE!!!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 05:38:15 AM »

Welcome back, DR Danise!  How are you doing?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 05:40:44 AM »

Crap!  Power is about to go from my iTouch.  I guess I must leave my warm and comfy bed and brace myself for the fun of shoveling outside in these winds.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:24 AM »

Take it easy out there, DR Dan (the Man)!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:27 AM »

Hi all--it's a Ghost of Christmas Past just stopping by to say "Hello"!   

I've missed you all and you've never been far from my mind but I've had so many things going on that it was all I could do to just come home and get dinner ready for the dogs and myself.  I can't tell you how many times I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at nine or ten o'clock--just in time to go to bed.  I just didn't feel like doing anything but veg in front of the TV (when I could manage to stay awake)  or just pop on the net for a moment and that's just the plain truth. 

I took this week off from work because i didn't have a vacation this entire year and thought I could just use the break.  Every time I think things are going good at work something new comes up.  They said we were going to have a mass lay off in September then while there was some lay offs I thought I made it though.  Then they said it would happen again in December and I was scared to death.   Then word came down (the week before Christmas) that it had been put off until March or April but there WILL be a big lay off then. 

Work is nothing like it was before--the whole atmosphere has changed.  From being laid back to super high stress.  You feel like you have to justify your work and prove  your worth everyday.  That's part of the reason I was to scared to take any time off--if your not there and they can get along without you.......

So please bear with me.  After these few days off I can feel myself starting to decompress somewhat but I was so wore out that I went to bed at nine o'clock on Christmas Eve and Christmas night.

The dogs are doing fine.  I don't know what I would do without them.  Can't tell you how many times I woke up with one or the other (or both) curled up on the couch/bed with me.  They are such a comfort.

I hope all of you are happy, safe and well.  I saw on the news about that snow storm up by New York.  I still want to see snow but not quite that much!  I do have to say that I am enjoying the central heat and air.  Now that I have it, I don't know how I lived without it.    It's soooo nice to come home to a warm or cool house instead of freezing or frying!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 05:53:41 AM »

Hi Dan and Ginny!  It's so very nice to see you again! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »

TOD:

Since I've come to the point in my life where I seldom, if ever, go to a theater any more and wait for a movie to come out on DVD, there are a lot of 2010 movies that I've yet to see.

However, of those I have seen, the ones I enjoyed the most are (in no particular order):

THE TOWN
CITY ISLAND
THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT
TOY STORY 3
THE GHOST WRITER
GREEN ZONE
LEAVES OF GRASS
HARRY BROWN
You can dream…or you can do.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »

DR Danise we've missed you so much!

Danise

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »

Thank you DR Jennifer (Gee I've even forgotten the DR part)!   I will be here this week at least.  I can't promise what will happen when I get back to the grind.

The movies I've seen this year make me glad I didn't go out and pay the money to go to the theater to see them.  I didn't think I missed seeing one of them on a big screen. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »

How many of you have/planning to get one of those new 3-D TV's?  I think it will be quite some time before I'll bother with one--even if I did have the money.  I don't think there is enough content out there to justify getting one.  I don't like the idea of having to wear the glasses either.

Toby the Terrible would more then likely have them either torn up or out in the back yard. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 06:10:24 AM »

I watched a hockey game a few weeks ago that was shown here in 3D. It sort of hurt my eyes. I don't know if I would personally be able to watch a lot of tv that way.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:09 AM »

This is my last full day of vacation in Johnston SC.  Will be up at the butt-crack of dawn in the morning to ride to Columbia SC where I will embark upon a short flight to Atlanta.  From there (and heaven willing I make my connection), I'll be on a flight to San Francisco which should see me arrive at 1:30 p.m. PDT.

It has been an amazingly fast two weeks.   Church was cancelled yesterday for just about every church in SC.  We still have snow on the ground which is quite unusual for the rare snowfalls we get here.  It's VERY cold (lows in the teens, highs in the 30s)) and will continue to be so until Thursday when, suddenly, things go tropical and temps soar into the 60s (with lows in the upper 40s).

I'm already tired from the flight back and it ain't even happened yet.

Sigh.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 06:31:19 AM »

Danise!!!   I am so happy to see you there!

vixmom

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 06:37:20 AM »

The Vixter went out this morning and cleared the snow from the path and the driveway - I was just getting ready to get in my car and brave the roads when I received a phone call from my co worker saiying hta we were closed

I am so relieved!

vixmom

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:08 AM »

travel vibes for RLP

Danise

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2010, 06:38:24 AM »

Hi DR VixMom!  So happy to see you as well!  I hope your not buried in snow!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2010, 06:43:32 AM »

Yay - snow day for DR Vixmom!

vixmom

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2010, 06:45:54 AM »

How many of you have/planning to get one of those new 3-D TV's?  I think it will be quite some time before I'll bother with one--even if I did have the money.  I don't think there is enough content out there to justify getting one.  I don't like the idea of having to wear the glasses either.

Toby the Terrible would more then likely have them either torn up or out in the back yard. 

We still haven't moved up to HDTV or blu Ray - si I do not see a 3 D TV in our near future....

unless of course one of us won that 168 million  mega millions drawing...where ARE those tickets we got in our stockings?

vixmom

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2010, 06:48:35 AM »

So Danise, at the risk of raising a sore subject... what has been happening with your house?

I assume fromthe central heating remark that it is finally finished and you are living there 

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 06:50:25 AM »

I am about to go downstairs for a cardio walk - haven't done that since Thursday and I don't want to get out of the habit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up